Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

21stamps

HA! Crossed wires...I was referring to the density of the two counties in my state that aren't showing any cases. But now that you mention it, 2.3 million people who work/live in close proximity...I suspect they either haven't tested anyone yet, or no one has severe enough symptoms to seek medical treatment.

Ah ok! See, I misread sometimes. ;)

Shouldigo12

I think this whole country is going to see a huge spike in confirmed COVID-19 cases in the next 48 hours.. what I’m wondering is how many are hospitalizations.
That will be interesting to see. Right now there's 36 hospitalisations and 88 confirmed cases, which is to be expected when your testing criteria is so strict and pretty much required the case to be serious. Hopefully soon more mild cases can be tested too.

DCBaker

Premium Member
CDC has finally released some data -

20% of hospitalizations were people aged 20–44 years.
12% of people admitted to the ICU were people 20-44.
80% of deaths were people 65 and older.

Phil12

"A sickness known as hate. Not a virus, not a microbe, not a germ—but a sickness nonetheless, highly contagious, deadly in its effects. Don't look for it in the Twilight Zone—look for it in a mirror. Look for it before the light goes out altogether." Rod Serling

ImperfectPixie

I really hope the self-swab kits I heard mentioned are made available to all for free...I realize it's asking a lot, but it could answer so many questions and provide much needed data.

tallica

There's so much I could say about that video...
When I see those kids talking and behaving so selfishly and with such disregard for human life, my hopes for the future look bleak.

Scary to think that kids like those, might one day, be in charge.
As sad as it is, their behavior is similar to a lot of the behavior of "mature adults" that where visiting WDW for several days prior to shutdown .

Last edited:

Rich Brownn

Same with HPV strains. They lie dormant and then resurface
AIDS does produce antibodies (that's what they initially test for). But actually uses the CD4 and C8 sells to replicate. For a while back they used drugs to increase the cell count not realizing they were throwing gas on a fire. Current drugs work to interrupt replication either before, during,or after a cell has been infected.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom