Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
We don't know exactly when we'll hit the herd immunity threshold, but everyone is working very hard to get us there. We *think* we will be done with masks and distancing in late summer/early fall based on the information available.
@ImperfectPixie is the pandemic will be end by this year in US, as the pandemic will continue in the rest of the world?

AmesTARDIS

Here in Florida I was told by a local hospital administrator that only about 80-85% of individuals were showing up for the 2nd dose. I was a bit surprised by this. I guess they feel like one is good enough?
I sure hope that they went elsewhere. I'm in NJ. A month or so ago, it was really tough to schedule a first dose. And, I was following it all closely to get my parents vaccinated. Depending on when and where people were given their first does, they may not have automatically been assigned their second dose date. This happened to my father. And, I read in a FB volunteer vaccine scheduling group that this happened more than you would expect. The other issue I found was that people were scheduled for their first and second dose at mega sites, but did not come back to the mega site for their second- instead opting for less crowded and busy drugstore options.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Broadway's official reopening day will be September 14, Governor Andrew Cuomo and the Broadway League have announced, with tickets to select productions going on sale beginning on May 6. Theaters will open at 100 percent capacity.

The reopening date is based on current health trends and subject to continuing improvement of public health and vaccination rates, as well as the state's final approval of each theater operator's health and safety protocols. Anticipated dates for each returning and new Broadway production will be announced in coming weeks on a show-by-show basis as individual productions and their producers determine the performance schedules and timelines for their respective shows.

"We are thrilled that Governor Cuomo clearly recognizes the impact of Broadway's return on the city and state's economy and the complexity of restarting an entire industry that has been dormant for over a year," said Charlotte St. Martin, President of the Broadway League. "Nothing beats Broadway. The theatre owners, producers, and other League members will continue to work with the NY State Department of Health and the Governor to coordinate the industry's return and the related health and safety protocols required to do so. We remain cautiously optimistic about Broadway's ability to resume performances this fall and are happy that fans can start buying tickets again."

Among the first shows announcing new ticket blocks is Six, which will open "First Access Presale" beginning Thursday, May 6 at 10am ET. The presale ends on May 10 at 9:59am."

GoofGoof

Premium Member
"Broadway's official reopening day will be September 14, Governor Andrew Cuomo and the Broadway League have announced, with tickets to select productions going on sale beginning on May 6. Theaters will open at 100 percent capacity.

The reopening date is based on current health trends and subject to continuing improvement of public health and vaccination rates, as well as the state's final approval of each theater operator's health and safety protocols. Anticipated dates for each returning and new Broadway production will be announced in coming weeks on a show-by-show basis as individual productions and their producers determine the performance schedules and timelines for their respective shows.

"We are thrilled that Governor Cuomo clearly recognizes the impact of Broadway's return on the city and state's economy and the complexity of restarting an entire industry that has been dormant for over a year," said Charlotte St. Martin, President of the Broadway League. "Nothing beats Broadway. The theatre owners, producers, and other League members will continue to work with the NY State Department of Health and the Governor to coordinate the industry's return and the related health and safety protocols required to do so. We remain cautiously optimistic about Broadway's ability to resume performances this fall and are happy that fans can start buying tickets again."

Among the first shows announcing new ticket blocks is Six, which will open "First Access Presale" beginning Thursday, May 6 at 10am ET. The presale ends on May 10 at 9:59am."

So if Broadway shows are back September 14 thereā€™s no reason all of WDW canā€™t be fully back by that time. I assume they still may require masks at the Broadway shows but maybe wonā€™t be needed by then :)

sullyinMT

The news of Tusker House is interesting to me (and a personal favorite, so yay!). FotLK is reopening soon, and KS queue already stretches past the theater and snakes through Dawa a little when it's really busy. To add people milling about waiting for their table is not in Disney's best interest. What is the possibility that line spacing moves to 3' in advance of TH's official reopening? It would alleviate what could be a real nightmare of three different gobs of people trying to figure out who belongs to which gob?

danlb_2000

Premium Member

HarperRose

correcaminos

Me too. We leave for vacation June 20th so for my son to be fully immune by then he needs to get the first Pfizer shot by May 15. Shouldnā€™t be an issue if they approve by Monday May 10.

So if Pfizer gets 12-15 approved and DD12 can get her shot by May 14th with no delay in 2nd dose, she'll be fully protected come vacation June 18th. After that we're running into that 2 week gap to build immunity. Think I'll be stalking the FDA for the next few days lol

I'm stalking on your heels. We are also headed on vacation in mid-June. I would love for DD13 to be fully vaccinated (v2+2) beforehand, but at the very least, I'm hopeful we can hit v1+2, which should provide about 80% immunity. That's significantly more protection than she has now.
I'm with you all though with a June 3rd departure date for my kid, I'm either hoping for a May 11th 1st dose date or we'll have to wait until mid/end May to do it so that 3 weeks is after we return. One shot with 2 weeks giving us about 85% is good enough for me. While husband and I did not react at all to 2nd dose outside of arm pain, 2 days prior is all I'm willing to do for 2nd shot.

Last edited:

sullyinMT

Germ-theory denial is a real thing.

Well. It's a theory, not a proof soooo ...
Also, is it wrong we keep a leech farm in my back yard? It's great for the humours.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
So if Broadway shows are back September 14 thereā€™s no reason all of WDW canā€™t be fully back by that time. I assume they still may require masks at the Broadway shows but maybe wonā€™t be needed by then :)
Hopefully by late summer or early fall we don't need masks anymore both indoors and outdoors.;)

mmascari

Definitely true. We still have an 11 year old who wonā€™t be eligible but if he canā€™t get it from his parents and his brother that takes the most likely way to be infected off the table. Psychologically it is a big deal for me as a parent I am way more concerned about my kids getting sick than myself even though they are lower risk.
Our 11 year old is in the same race. Which comes first, birthday or approval for 11.

In our case, it's likely birthday. Happy Birthday, now get in the car we're going to CVS. šŸ„³

Our 15 is stalking the FDA better than all of you and me. If a parent doesn't need to be their, we'll likely have a carpool going to get it. šŸš

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Our 11 year old is in the same race. Which comes first, birthday or approval for 11.

In our case, it's likely birthday. Happy Birthday, now get in the car we're going to CVS. šŸ„³

Our 15 is stalking the FDA better than all of you and me. If a parent doesn't need to be their, we'll likely have a carpool going to get it. šŸš
Mine was born in Jan so itā€™s wait for approval or sneak him in. Heā€™s about 5ā€™6ā€ so nobody would question him as under 12. My wife is a ā€rule followerā€ so we will probably just wait until itā€™s approved. My niece turns 12 in July so she will get in right after her B-day.

Animal_Kingdom_09

somebody tell him that nobody in Pennsylvania is going to vote for him and his tan...no matter what...

so cut the nonsense out.

Not true. I was in Western PA 2 weeks ago and it still looked like October with all of the Trump signs. Not just signs - there were a lot of flags also. People might be lazy and leave a sign up, but flags not so much.

The Floridians who are upset with DeSantis are people who did not vote for him and never will. The people who voted for him do not consider it "nonsense". It is quite the split down here. Seriously, you cannot find two people more different than Ron DeSantis and Andrew Gillum, or the people who voted for each of them.

This only affects a handful of cities/counties. Most had already removed the mandates on their own. Definitely a blue/red divide on this issue.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Why do I get the feeling Disney is going to be the last place to become normal again (without masks, no social distancing, all shows returned etc )

Disney may also use this opportunity to never bring some things back or even charge for fastpasses eventually

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom