Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

correcaminos

Yeah, about that...
I find it sick and sad to see a woman of her age at her husband's funeral following a rule that in this instance isn't helping anyone.
It's like stopping at a stop sign if you were alone on a wide open desert road where you could clearly see there were no other vehicles around for a mile in either direction.
What's sick about it? I was at a funeral last weekend masked. Here are the rules for England mask wearing. Not sure where this took place but it likely fell under the rules. Just because someone is grieving doesn't give them the right to not follow rules https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...gs-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own#

Again she is a figure head and should be a role model. Something the US seriously lacks.

DisneyDebRob

Yeah, about that...
I find it sick and sad to see a woman of her age at her husband's funeral following a rule that in this instance isn't helping anyone.
It's like stopping at a stop sign if you were alone on a wide open desert road where you could clearly see there were no other vehicles around for a mile in either direction.
So.. it’s ok to not to follow guidelines or rules if no ones around or not watching? Not really something to teach the kids I wouldn’t think. To each his own I guess.
On a personal note, I find nothing wrong at all with her and what she chooses to do during her husband’s funeral. Her husband.. her life.. her family.. do what you want.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yep, just take a look at Ivanka Trump's instagram comments from her latest post. There's no convincing those people and it's pretty concerning.
The cool thing about Queen of the Irrelevant is that nobody ever...or ever will...care what you say
Yep, there are former classmates of mine this way. I have been indifferent to passports, but see how it could be good.
Trust people to use their brains will result in a breach of your trust 99.9% of the time
Is this means Michigan will have masks and social distancing forever?
No
So US will have masks and social distancing forever or not? or masks and social distancing will be gone soon?
No

BatStang2000

Yeah, about that...
Yep, that's me. I would definitely stop if there is a STOP sign there. I also use my turn signal every time to turn into my own driveway even if there isn't a car within a mile of me.

mmascari

It isn't just the "younger crowd." There's a whole political class of people who refuse to get vaccinated simply because "the authorities" are telling them to get one.

And those things they like to do? They're already doing them now. No amount of "You can stop wearing masks!" or "You can gather indoors with friends!" will entice them if they're already allowed to do them without reprisal.

That's the advantage of vaccine verification: if they aren't allowed into the nightclub because they don't have proof of shot, then maybe that pushes them into getting one. The whole "Maybe if we ask them nicely!" approach to getting people vaccinated is doomed to failure, imo.

Anyplace you already need a travel passport, anyplace you’re moving into a group living arrangement, or long term exposure commitment makes lots of sense. You’re in it for the long haul, it’s a long term relationship, with lots of exposure. Or, you’re changing between different infectious control areas, that will be at different levels of spread.

Going to the movies? What’s the poor guy at the door making $8 an hour going to do when Jim shows up with prepaid tickets but “forgot” his passport? The entire safety of that night's bubble is based on that poor kid standing up to Jim.

It’s like going to the town pool, wondering how much that one kid, you know the one, contaminated the pool. Wondering if there's enough chlorine in the water to mitigate it. Sure, there could be less, not burn your eyes, if only that kid would follow the plan. There's a chunk of vaccine holdouts that are that kid. And they will ruin it for everyone the same way.

PS: They’re all adults too, since no kids are allowed in the pool yet. 🤦‍♂️

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Is this means Michigan will have masks and social distancing forever?
No, that's an utlraconservative news source that links to another ultraconservative news source that links to another conservative news source that finally gets the story right.

Michigan wants the restrictions to be **indefinite** and then lift them when cases go down.

Right now, the restrictions keep getting put out for a set time and they keep having to renew them. So, **they're thinking** about making the next renewal **indefinite**.

There is no plan at all to make it **permanent**.

That misconstrual is political theater.

Rich Brownn

Care to show me where you got that? It is just not true. Studies show exactly that.
CDC:
Although COVID-19 vaccines are effective at keeping you from getting sick, scientists are still learning how well vaccines prevent you from spreading the virus that causes COVID-19 to others, even if you do not have symptoms. Early data show the vaccines do help keep people with no symptoms from spreading COVID-19, but we are learning more as more people get vaccinated.

We’re also still learning how long COVID-19 vaccines protect people.

For these reasons, people who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 should keep taking precautions in public places, until we know more, like wearing a mask, staying 6 feet apart from others, avoiding crowds and poorly ventilated spaces, and washing your hands often.

March 26, 2021 -- A large-scale clinical trial is underway to answer the million-dollar question about COVID-19: Do the vaccines prevent transmission? Researchers could have that answer within a handful of months, Anthony Fauci, MD, said at a White House news briefing Friday.

“We hope that within the next 5 or so months, we’ll be able answer the very important question about whether vaccinated people get infected asymptomatically,” he said, “and if they do, do they transmit the infection to others.”

The trial, which started Thursday, will involve 12,000 college students across more than 20 universities in the United States. Among them, 6,000 will receive the Moderna vaccine immediately and 6,000 will get it 4 months later.

Participants will complete questionnaires with an electronic diary app and swab their own noses daily, Fauci said. They’ll also provide periodic blood samples. Then, 25,000 of their closest friends and family will be identified.

“The degree of transmission from vaccinated individuals will be determined by the infection rate in the close contacts,” he said.

Preliminary data points to substantially lower rates of transmission among vaccinated people. During a February news briefing, Fauci cited a study from Israel that showed the amount of viral load -- or the amount of the COVID-19 virus in someone’s body -- is significantly lower if someone gets infected after they’ve been vaccinated, compared with people who get infected and didn’t have the vaccine. A lower viral load means much lower chances of passing the virus to someone else, Fauci says.

The new study will provide data needed to confirm those findings.

During the briefing, Fauci also dismissed the claim from Trump-era CDC Director Robert Redfield, MD, that the virus escaped from a lab in Wuhan, China.

“The issue that would have someone think it's possible to have escaped from a lab would mean it essentially entered the outside human population already well-adapted to humans, suggesting it was adapted in the lab,” he said. “However, the alternative explanation, which most public health individuals go by, is that this virus was actually circulating in China, likely in Wuhan, for a month or more before they were clinically recognized at the end of December 2019.”

He added, “Dr. Redfield was mentioning he was giving an opinion as to a possibility, but again, there are other alternatives.”

At this point the recommendation from the CDC is as I stated, since not enough data exists yet. The point of the mask is to protect others from you at this point until tests conclusively proven othereise.

:

BlindChow

No, it's not like that at all. In fact, we're talking about it because it's not like that.

This was an internationally-televised event. Everyone on the planet saw her sitting there. It was a display to show unity: the community is being asked to wear masks in public to mitigate the spread of the virus, and she showed that she was in it with everyone else.

I know you won't understand, and probably could never understand. That's okay; this display wasn't for you.

Chi84

Premium Member
CDC:
Although COVID-19 vaccines are effective at keeping you from getting sick, scientists are still learning how well vaccines prevent you from spreading the virus that causes COVID-19 to others, even if you do not have symptoms. Early data show the vaccines do help keep people with no symptoms from spreading COVID-19, but we are learning more as more people get vaccinated.

We’re also still learning how long COVID-19 vaccines protect people.

For these reasons, people who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 should keep taking precautions in public places, until we know more, like wearing a mask, staying 6 feet apart from others, avoiding crowds and poorly ventilated spaces, and washing your hands often.

March 26, 2021 -- A large-scale clinical trial is underway to answer the million-dollar question about COVID-19: Do the vaccines prevent transmission? Researchers could have that answer within a handful of months, Anthony Fauci, MD, said at a White House news briefing Friday.

“We hope that within the next 5 or so months, we’ll be able answer the very important question about whether vaccinated people get infected asymptomatically,” he said, “and if they do, do they transmit the infection to others.”

The trial, which started Thursday, will involve 12,000 college students across more than 20 universities in the United States. Among them, 6,000 will receive the Moderna vaccine immediately and 6,000 will get it 4 months later.

Participants will complete questionnaires with an electronic diary app and swab their own noses daily, Fauci said. They’ll also provide periodic blood samples. Then, 25,000 of their closest friends and family will be identified.

“The degree of transmission from vaccinated individuals will be determined by the infection rate in the close contacts,” he said.

Preliminary data points to substantially lower rates of transmission among vaccinated people. During a February news briefing, Fauci cited a study from Israel that showed the amount of viral load -- or the amount of the COVID-19 virus in someone’s body -- is significantly lower if someone gets infected after they’ve been vaccinated, compared with people who get infected and didn’t have the vaccine. A lower viral load means much lower chances of passing the virus to someone else, Fauci says.

The new study will provide data needed to confirm those findings.

During the briefing, Fauci also dismissed the claim from Trump-era CDC Director Robert Redfield, MD, that the virus escaped from a lab in Wuhan, China.

“The issue that would have someone think it's possible to have escaped from a lab would mean it essentially entered the outside human population already well-adapted to humans, suggesting it was adapted in the lab,” he said. “However, the alternative explanation, which most public health individuals go by, is that this virus was actually circulating in China, likely in Wuhan, for a month or more before they were clinically recognized at the end of December 2019.”

He added, “Dr. Redfield was mentioning he was giving an opinion as to a possibility, but again, there are other alternatives.”

At this point the recommendation from the CDC is as I stated, since not enough data exists yet. The point of the mask is to protect others from you at this point until tests conclusively proven othereise.

:
The CDC also says I have a 0.008% chance of getting COVID when fully vaccinated. I predict the CDC will be revising its guidelines for fully vaccinated people fairly soon if it wants people to continue to follow them. Or even take them seriously.

People who aren’t getting COVID aren’t endangering others by not wearing a mask.

Last edited:

sullyinMT

Anyplace you already need a travel passport, anyplace you’re moving into a group living arrangement, or long term exposure commitment makes lots of sense. You’re in it for the long haul, it’s a long term relationship, with lots of exposure. Or, you’re changing between different infectious control areas, that will be at different levels of spread.

Going to the movies? What’s the poor guy at the door making $8 an hour going to do when Jim shows up with prepaid tickets but “forgot” his passport? The entire safety of that night's bubble is based on that poor kid standing up to Jim.

It’s like going to the town pool, wondering how much that one kid, you know the one, contaminated the pool. Wondering if there's enough chlorine in the water to mitigate it. Sure, there could be less, not burn your eyes, if only that kid would follow the plan. There's a chunk of vaccine holdouts that are that kid. And they will ruin it for everyone the same way.

PS: They’re all adults too, since no kids are allowed in the pool yet. 🤦‍♂️
As a triathlete, I feel personally attacked. I may or may not have warmed that reservoir at 7am 🤣🤣🤣🤣

PS - it’s a joke about the pool, I’m 100% with you on the vaccines. People really are going to make the vaccine passports way more relevant than they ought to be for everyday life by acting “free”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom