Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin_W

My sister used Kroger and was fine. Though she just switched to the Shott. Let me see if I can find a link there

Edit: that one is done with a My Chart account. Kroger was clicked that she will be eligible. Most still have 50 only

Thanks to you both! I had joked about getting ADR's and FP+ for Disney as preparing me for this, but it turns out not to be a joke. I had websites for Kroger, Walmart, Giant Eagle, Walgreens, and CVS up at one point. :)

Kroger had appointment times that kept appearing and disappearing (like FP+) and you just had to keep clicking until you got one. I'm scheduled for Friday evening for 1st dose of Moderna!

Kevin_W

What link did you use? When I use the link on Fox8 website it asks if I’m 50 or older and in one of the current age groups. So it wouldn’t let me sign up.

On the Kroger website, I told the automated bot doing scheduling that I was 50 since they haven't updated it yet, but put my actual birthdate in the patient information when signing up.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Soon masks and social distancing will be gone for good as people will getting vaccinating by July.
Right now everything isn't certain as to when everything will be back to normal. The more people who get vaccinated the better but masks will be the last CDC guideline to go so not by July if going by what's expected from the CDC as of now. Please try and relax and stay as safe as you can. I know it's hard to relax but please do try.

correcaminos

Thanks to you both! I had joked about getting ADR's and FP+ for Disney as preparing me for this, but it turns out not to be a joke. I had websites for Kroger, Walmart, Giant Eagle, Walgreens, and CVS up at one point. :)

Kroger had appointment times that kept appearing and disappearing (like FP+) and you just had to keep clicking until you got one. I'm scheduled for Friday evening for 1st dose of Moderna!
Awesome! That's the way to do it. I swear Disney prepared me for covid vaccine scheduling 😆

DCBaker

Premium Member
Numbers are out - there were 101 new reported deaths, along with 1 Non-Florida Resident death.

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 2.52.01 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 2.52.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 2.52.21 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 2.51.52 PM.png

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Dang it, site blocked. Signs on trash cans at DHS for distancing removed
It was bizarre that they added the signs recently and then took them back down. The change on distancing is expected any day now from the CDC and it very well could result in a change for Disney parks too. I didn‘t expect them to change the distancing in queues since it would be a lot of work to move the markers. It will be interesting to see.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It was bizarre that they added the signs recently and then took them back down. The change on distancing is expected any day now from the CDC and it very well could result in a change for Disney parks too. I didn‘t expect them to change the distancing in queues since it would be a lot of work to move the markers. It will be interesting to see.

Is the CDC looking at changing it to 3 feet everywhere, or just in schools?

correcaminos

Indiana opened to 45+ today. Ohio is 40+ and has also said that as of 3/29/21, anyone over 16 can sign up.
Yep, we're a free for all at the end of the month.

Yes, very bizarre. It will be interesting to watch...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Is the CDC looking at changing it to 3 feet everywhere, or just in schools?
It would have to be everywhere or it would be the most egregious form of safety theater since this all began. I’ve been a firm supporter of reasonable covid restrictions since day 1, but if they come out and say 3 feet is safe in schools and only in schools that would be tough to understand. I think they lose a lot of the people left who are still willing to follow reasonable and rational protocols. It would be a massively huge mistake. You can’t say trust the science and then do something that has no basis in science. A virus doesn’t know whether it’s in a school, at a restaurant or at a theme park.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
If they go with the new CDC guidelines, would that mean increased capacity at TS restaurants?
I would think maybe. If kids at schools can sit and eat lunch 3 feet apart without a mask then there’s no scientific reason you couldn’t do it at a restaurant too. Either 3 feet is safe or it’s not. Disney is following their own plan so there’s no guarantee they expand capacity in restaurants or adopt the 3 feet for distancing.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
That’s been my complaint from the beginning... apparently the virus knows when you are actively eating or drinking and says “oh let’s leave him alone, he’s having his dinner”
That’s why you were supposed to have to distance in a restaurant. Masks were always meant to be used in any situation where you couldn’t maintain 6 feet of distancing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom