Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Not sure this is even a change. The face covering rule is:

Face Coverings​

Face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) and Cast Members, including those who have received a COVID-19 vaccine. Please bring your own face coverings and wear them at all times, except when dining or swimming. You may remove your face covering while actively eating or drinking, but you must be stationary and maintain appropriate physical distancing.
The Rule has always been that you can only remove your face covering while actively eating or drinking. They never intended to allow you to take the mask off indefinitely just because you were seated at a table in a restaurant area.

Disney Experience

Not sure this is even a change. The face covering rule is:

The Rule has always been that you can only remove your face covering while actively eating or drinking. They never intended to allow you to take the mask off indefinitely just because you were seated at a table in a restaurant area.
Hopefully that is the case. If they are just stopping people from using being at a Dining table as a mask free hangout long after eating and drinking then that fits the current way it seems to be enforced. I can understand that.,

Mark52479

My wife keeps asking me when Victoria and Alberts will reopen, and I tell her not for a while. Some of the people working there have been there for decades, I wonder what they are doing during this time. Probably will be the last Disney restaurant to open post covid.

I know for a fact 50% of the staff that worked at Victoria and Alberts is now working at Tapolinos.

Rumor is for the 50th they are hoping V&A will be open again.

Tom P.

It’s stupid to wear a mask as much as possible while indoors?
Possibly. It depends on what you mean by that. Of course, if you're going to have a mask requirement, it makes sense that people wear masks when they are waiting for their table, or even when they've ordered but are waiting for the food to be delivered. But even with something as serious as Covid, you have to balance the protection with a degree of practicality. Asking people to take the mask on and off in between bites of food is crossing the line into stupidity. Wear your mask in, keep it on until food is delivered to the table, then remove it and keep it off until you are done with your meal. Unless folks are sitting and having 25 minute conversations in between bites, I believe that is entirely reasonable.

Crunchie9

So how are they doing it in Canada? Indoor dining is still closed there correct
It depends on the local health zone. Most of the Province of Ontario is opened up into Orange, some are better, a few are worse. Its more so the lack of Vaccines. We have under 2% and the distribution has been nothing short of a disaster. The federal procurement department really let us down.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Possibly. It depends on what you mean by that. Of course, if you're going to have a mask requirement, it makes sense that people wear masks when they are waiting for their table, or even when they've ordered but are waiting for the food to be delivered. But even with something as serious as Covid, you have to balance the protection with a degree of practicality. Asking people to take the mask on and off in between bites of food is crossing the line into stupidity. Wear your mask in, keep it on until food is delivered to the table, then remove it and keep it off until you are done with your meal. Unless folks are sitting and having 25 minute conversations in between bites, I believe that is entirely reasonable.
Nowhere does it say anything about asking people to take the mask on and off between bites of food. It says you can remove your mask while actively eating. If you are seated at a table and not actively eating you need to wear a mask.

RSoxNo1

Take it with a grain of salt, but I've been told that internally Disney is anticipating removing the mask mandate in early 2022.

I can't imagine them going against CDC recommendations.

Mark52479

Nowhere does it say anything about asking people to take the mask on and off between bites of food. It says you can remove your mask while actively eating. If you are seated at a table and not actively eating you need to wear a mask.
And drinking.

I just don't see Cm's going up to someone with a drink in front of them and saying oh you are not drinking put your mask on.

_caleb

If the new face mask policy change is accurate I’m just not gonna follow it. I will walk out and never eat sit down at Disney until they change it if they give me crud over it. Nowhere else in FL do I have to do that. It sounds like something some genius in CA is forcing on WDW bc they hate FL.
That’ll teach ’em!

How’s that song go? “We got even with the circus; we bought tickets but we didn’t go in!”

Chi84

Premium Member
I believe in following the rules at Disney or waiting to visit until you are willing to do so. But all rules are subject to a certain amount of interpretation. If I'm sitting at a restaurant table in WDW with a drink in front of me, even if it's only water (but preferably wine), I won't be wearing a mask. I'll be there in early May and will report back if I get kicked out of any restaurants.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Take it with a grain of salt, but I've been told that internally Disney is anticipating removing the mask mandate in early 2022.

I can't imagine them going against CDC recommendations.
If the CDC is still recommending masks in 2022 I would assume there’s a good chance Disney will still require them, but it’s way too soon to say if that will be the CDC recommendation. That’s still 10 months away. There’s no way anyone can come remotely close to predicting with any level of certainty what the situation will be by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom