Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyCane

It has been brought up in the fray, but kinda overlooked.

I also wonder if, as we get more data from phase 3 participants and the vaccinated population at large, that 3 month time frame doesn’t extend as data permits.

I absolutely believe the timeframe will extend as data shows (which everyone believes it will) that the vaccine is providing longer than 3 months of protection.

And that's when I think traveling and being vaccinated is going to come into play...they are laying the groundwork for that eventual guidance.
I'd think it will keep getting extended (as data shows the effectiveness lasts more time) until they discover how long the protection lasts.

That will become the final guidance as well as the timeframe for getting a booster shot, unless it turns out that the protection lasts enough years for COVID-19 to be eradicated (which is unlikely but we can hope).

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I absolutely believe the timeframe will extend as data shows (which everyone believes it will) that the vaccine is providing longer than 3 months of protection.

And that's when I think traveling and being vaccinated is going to come into play...they are laying the groundwork for that eventual guidance.
Won't we know in the next few months if the folks who were in trails later last year are still being protected?

dreday3

I'd think it will keep getting extended (as data shows the effectiveness lasts more time) until they discover how long the protection lasts.

That will become the final guidance as well as the timeframe for getting a booster shot, unless it turns out that the protection lasts enough years for COVID-19 to be eradicated (which is unlikely but we can hope).

Won't we know in the next few months if the folks who were in trails later last year are still being protected?

I feel like that's what my post said? :D

Heppenheimer

Isn't the purpose of the face shield to keep droplets from a sneeze or cough off of the skin of your face if a patient sneezes or coughs in very close proximity to you? I don't think they would do much to keep airborne particles from being inhaled due to the huge gap on three sides. I could be wrong but that has been my assumption.
We use them when we specifically need to look in someone's mouth or nose, where there's a high probability of exposure to a denser cloud of respiratory secretions.

Mark52479

Did you join a class action suit last year when they set up check points going into Florida?
The one difference though, no one was ever BANNED from entering Florida. They just had to quarantine.

This report that came out (which we now know was false) was saying people would actually be banned from entering the state.

Disney Experience

I feel like that's what my post said? :D
Or as I said many pages ago when I speculated that it was based on the data from phase 3 and would expand in time.
While the chosen duration excludes those who are in the vanguard of being vaccinated ( ie the trials) since they are what is used to determine the duration of the efficacy. For example: I am 5 months post second shot soon. When they expand it at a later date, I will be outside that window too.

To answer the specific question about phase 3 participants. Yes their next appointment should occur in March or April. Plus they have the weekly diary data. So in a few months I expect the CDC to revise the duration limit to 6 months.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

The one difference though, no one was ever BANNED from entering Florida. They just had to quarantine.

This report that came out (which we now know was false) was saying people would actually be banned from entering the state.
What report said that all people would be banned from entering the state?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The Constitution's Commerce Clause has given Congress a lot of power in regulating interstate travel. If they create a law regarding interstate travel and give the President or one of the Federal agencies the authority to regulate and enforce whatever they enacted, then, theoretically, the President or an Agency can regulate interstate travel within the parameters of that Act, unless SCOTUS overrules all or part of that act as an overreach.

Whether there is such an Act that grants the Federal government such powers to ban travel to/from hotspot states that SCOTUS is OK with and the Biden administration wants to enact... that's all debatable.

However, I'd like to point out that the **idea** of banning interstate travel (or at least imposing onerous two week quarantines without proof they were infected) was the brainchild of one Governor DeSantis as he tried to keep out people from the Tri-State area from Florida.

It's strange he doesn't like the idea of the Federal government picking up his worthy ideas!!!

Animal_Kingdom_09

Don‘t forget your buddy Ron was setting up roadblocks on I95 heading into FL last Spring. Somehow it was constitutional back then.

Highway Patrol only slowed travel while they advised quarantine and took information to (supposedly) confirm that travelers from hotspots were actually following quarantine guidelines. I never heard of anyone actually being turned away.

Hawaii did the same thing until about October, when they carved out a 72 hour testing exemption. The courts found that it was legal for a state to quarantine travelers provided that they applied the rules to everyone, and did not exempt their own residents.

Federal travel bans are currently prohibited by a supreme court ruling from a while back.

It is a respiratory virus. It will wind up everywhere - it has even turned up in Antarctica. Ultimately, if you live long enough, you will get it unless you are vaccinated against it.

I would never advocate for a ban, but I have to admit that the thought of kicking out the people with Ohio tags who drive 30 mph on the Sunshine Skyway so they can take a picture of the sunset on the bay has a certain appeal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom