Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyCane

“You ain’t gonna call me dumb!!”

...yeah...not interested. But thanks.
Whether you are interested or not isn't my concern. I'm just pointing out that there are a not insignificant number of people who react to your type of attitude with their own attitude of "I'll show you, you're not going to tell me what to do." Whether or not it is dumb to react that way, people do.

DisneyCane

New update from my wife's second shot. After feeling ok this morning, she started feeling achy and fatigued about 23 hours after the first shot a little after 9 this morning. Currently she is home but very fatigued, achy and with a slight fever.

I know they say only 15% get these types of reactions but, of the people she works with, it is significantly higher. The 15% seem to be the people who don't.

If yearly boosters are required like the flu shot I hope that these reactions don't happen because many people will opt not to make themselves feel bad on purpose.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't agree with that. I think the goal should always be eradication, with the understanding that in most cases it will not happen. There are a number of infectious diseases that have been pretty much eradicated, so it is possible.

Ok...we have the same goal from two different angles.

Whether you are interested or not isn't my concern. I'm just pointing out that there are a not insignificant number of people who react to your type of attitude with their own attitude of "I'll show you, you're not going to tell me what to do." Whether or not it is dumb to react that way, people do.

It is significant...but by far the minority in this country and even more so internationally

Kevin_W

I know they say only 15% get these types of reactions but, of the people she works with, it is significantly higher. The 15% seem to be the people who don't.

If yearly boosters are required like the flu shot I hope that these reactions don't happen because many people will opt not to make themselves feel bad on purpose.

Anecdotally, from also seems to be the case form my surgeon friend that got the shot. Most of his department seemed to have some effect form the 2nd one.

Agree on the boosters. I know many who don't get the flu shot "because it gives them the flu" (even though it cannot), or even that they just don't like the arm soreness.

dreday3

New update from my wife's second shot. After feeling ok this morning, she started feeling achy and fatigued about 23 hours after the first shot a little after 9 this morning. Currently she is home but very fatigued, achy and with a slight fever.

Anecdotally, from also seems to be the case form my surgeon friend that got the shot. Most of his department seemed to have some effect form the 2nd one.

Agree on the boosters. I know many who don't get the flu shot "because it gives them the flu" (even though it cannot), or even that they just don't like the arm soreness.

I get the same thing from the flu shot.

I mean, it lasts one day, maybe one and a half, I'll deal with it. :D

But I am a bit nervous for my second dose of Moderna. I had a delayed reaction of raised spots/redness near the injection site. I was told to get second dose in the opposite arm.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Numbers are out - there were 202 new reported deaths, along with 5 Non-Florida Resident deaths.

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 3.24.08 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 3.24.18 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 3.24.30 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 3.23.59 PM.png

Lilofan

Same feelings here but no fever. After the first Moderna shot I sat down as per instructed for 15 min then allowed to get in the car and leave. Then it hit me a few hours later. Painful and sore arm and fatigued for two days. On the third day I was good to go. My second shot has been scheduled in less then three weeks.

JoeCamel

I get the same thing from the flu shot.

I mean, it lasts one day, maybe one and a half, I'll deal with it. :D

But I am a bit nervous for my second dose of Moderna. I had a delayed reaction of raised spots/redness near the injection site. I was told to get second dose in the opposite arm.
Great now both your arms will rot off, give them a buttcheek next time, you can afford that

Last edited:

DisneyCane

Numbers are out - there were 202 new reported deaths, along with 5 Non-Florida Resident deaths.

View attachment 527425View attachment 527426View attachment 527427View attachment 527428

I threw together a spreadsheet to look at seven day periods to take out the day to day variability and calculate the number of new people tested.

From this data:

Dates:::::::::::::::::Cases:::::::New Tests::::New case positivity
1/14-1/20::::::::80,954:::::857,272:::::::::9.44%
1/21-1/27::::::::72,506:::::825,729:::::::::8.78%

Week over week, cases were down 10.44% on 3.7% fewer tests. Positivity for new cases was down 7%. While not drastic, looking at the data on a seven day basis shows a clear trend in the right direction.

Rich Brownn

If the vaccine(s) doesn't prevent a very high percentage from being a carrier and spreader then herd immunity can never be reached and this virus will be around forever in various mutations like the flu.

Hopefully data out of Israel (due to the high percentage vaccinated) will be able to shed some light on this within a couple of months.
If we reach herd immunity the virus wont have anyone to spread it to that would cause an illness. Eventually it would die off

Bill in Atlanta

Disney gives masks the dreaded vote of confidence. Sent to my sister the travel agent today:

As COVID-19 vaccines begin to roll out around the world, we’re optimistically looking forward to a time in the future when we can once again share smiles with each other in the Disney Parks and Resorts.

At this time, the CDC recommends continuing to practice healthy behaviors while experts learn more about the protection that COVID-19 vaccines provide under real-life conditions. With that in mind, we will continue to require our Cast Members and Guests ages 2 and up to wear face coverings at all times except when actively eating or drinking while stationary and maintaining appropriate physical distancing. We will also continue existing health and safety measures like temperature checks, reduced capacity, physical distancing and increased frequency in cleaning.

To send this out unprovoked tells me this is step one in a long PR rollout to eventually get to "optional but encouraged" mask wearing.

lazyboy97o

Disney gives masks the dreaded vote of confidence. Sent to my sister the travel agent today:

As COVID-19 vaccines begin to roll out around the world, we’re optimistically looking forward to a time in the future when we can once again share smiles with each other in the Disney Parks and Resorts.

At this time, the CDC recommends continuing to practice healthy behaviors while experts learn more about the protection that COVID-19 vaccines provide under real-life conditions. With that in mind, we will continue to require our Cast Members and Guests ages 2 and up to wear face coverings at all times except when actively eating or drinking while stationary and maintaining appropriate physical distancing. We will also continue existing health and safety measures like temperature checks, reduced capacity, physical distancing and increased frequency in cleaning.

To send this out unprovoked tells me this is step one in a long PR rollout to eventually get to "optional but encouraged" mask wearing.
Or they are already starting to receive requests for exemptions if people are vaccinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom