Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

monykalyn

This does not affect the Epcot Cultural Rep CPs.
Not the full time ones, but the international Disney cultural exchange program and academic exchange program it DOES effect. Could have given them at least a week to get sorted - reports are most DCP called in their shifts today because they’ll have NO time to get travel arrangements and belongings packed up., This is a really ****** thing to do to them!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Disney is kicking college program kids out of housing in 4 days. International kids are in tears as they have no idea how to get home or pay for tickets even if they could.

So you know for a fact that Disney is making no accommodations for those who can't leave in 4 days?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Your media has been fear mongering for decades.....this is nothing new to western society.
It is how media sells......fear.
This is not limited to Corona.
Playing percentages with humans is plain stupid.
Wake up the entire PLANET knows what is happening and how bad it can get. America is not there, yet. Look what is going on in China and Italy.
Yes irrational behaviour is going on and..........it is a perfectly natural reaction to a GLOBAL PANDEMIC.

Enjoy your weekend everyone. Take care.☺
So much for bowing out of the conversation...
I am not afraid from the media.
I do not follow social media.
You are using percentages to state the case that everything is fine.......I am throwing out statistics to prove otherwise, there is a BIG difference.
You can LOL all you want. However, when it comes time for a person in your life to need a ventilator and it goes to a younger person you might see the point some of us already know.
Have fun in your glass house.
Life has a mortality rate of 100%. How's that for doom 'n' gloom?

LittleBuford

Disney is kicking college program kids out of housing in 4 days. International kids are in tears as they have no idea how to get home or pay for tickets even if they could.

Unfortunately, Disney is doing what they have to. College campuses across the country are sending students home in anticipation of a lockdown and further travel bans. While those students who can’t make the journey need to be helped or accommodated in some way (and Disney really needs to ensure that it’s fulfilling its responsibility in this regard), the push to get students back to their families is the right one at this time.

DreamalittleDisney

Shanghai and Hong Kong look Like they are getting ready to re-open soon. They were closed the end of January so 2 months. That would put the US parks around mid-May to June 1. Any further delays in testing and containment and July could be wishful thinking. If we were taking bets I’d guess around May 15th but that is just purely a guess. Nobody knows how this will play out.
My arrival day is May 15th so heres hoping 🙏

DisneyCane

We do all the time with vaccines and physicals and forced quarantines (Like with Ebola scare). It's already a precedent.
Quarantines are legal. Vaccines are required for school enrollment. You can't force an adult to get a new vaccine. You can't force an adult to take a medical test. HIV might have been containable if they had tested the whole population in 1983. It wouldn't have been legal.

John park hopper

I know people like to paint Disney as this heartless mega corporation, but I can't seem them going as far as kicking college students "out in into the cold" when it's completely in their power to do something about it.
Read Disney's statement pretty clear out in 2 days no mention of making accommodations available or help

celluloid

Shanghai and Hong Kong are not as close to reopening as some think, and with the economy effected, it is not like when things open back up everyone has the means or ability to just travel and spend on entertainment. It is bigger than just theme park industry. This is all going to take time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom