Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1597936202670.png

1597936226102.png

Polkadotdress

I continue to be astounded when people continue to think that a global pandemic being talked about and countries being affected around the world is somehow a hoax/and or minor item blown out of proportion by the news media to cause a political party in the US to gain power.

That would be quite an amazing feat, if something like that were able to be pulled off WORLDWIDE just in order to make a change in the US.

Yeah...no.

Plutomickey24

Does anyone know why the John Hopkins positivity rates are higher than what we get here...they are usually close to double what ever is reported here...when I check my states (Wisconsin)they match up

If I'm looking at the info right on John Hopkins site, it just has the tests that were performed in the past day at 27,199. Florida's tests are over the past 2 weeks. Florida has over 77K tested. John Hopkins might break out the data that the state received from labs by the day. Florida has a higher new case number than John Hopkins has.

Jedijax719

Yes, it is mindblowing that people think this is somehow election-related. As another example, Covid restrictions are the lead article on The Brussels Times today and Belgium does not have a fenderal election until 2024, I believe.

I assume it's a form of denial/coping mechanism.
We have quite a few teachers that feel that way. And they are conducting themselves accordingly.

Disney Analyst

Yes, it is mindblowing that people think this is somehow election-related. As another example, Covid restrictions are the lead article on The Brussels Times today and Belgium does not have a fenderal election until 2024, I believe.

I assume it's a form of denial/coping mechanism.

It totally is a coping mechanism.

DKampy

If I'm looking at the info right on John Hopkins site, it just has the tests that were performed in the past day at 27,199. Florida's tests are over the past 2 weeks. Florida has over 77K tested. John Hopkins might break out the data that the state received from labs by the day. Florida has a higher new case number than John Hopkins has.
It is just weird that Wisconsin always evens out...I guess it is just the way the state reports cases
There is an area you can check daily positive test result if you click the testing heading

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The non existent convention business adds to the losses of the company. Many resorts closed mean lots of staff and small business in the area unemployed.
Terrible for unemployment. They are really going to have to rely on locals to keep the parks open, but with the deal where buying a one day ticket gets you unlimited access through Christmas Eve is there even money to be made? I guess on food and merchandise there’s still some profit. Restaurants at City Walk must be hurting too. Without on site hotel guests some of those restaurants may really struggle to remain open. A lot of those places are huge, designed to accommodate the normal big crowds.

Lilofan

Terrible for unemployment. They are really going to have to rely on locals to keep the parks open, but with the deal where buying a one day ticket gets you unlimited access through Christmas Eve is there even money to be made? I guess on food and merchandise there’s still some profit. Restaurants at City Walk must be hurting too. Without on site hotel guests some of those restaurants may really struggle to remain open. A lot of those places are huge, designed to accommodate the normal big crowds.
Those hotels might have come in handy instead of drinking and driving , just check into into a nearby hotel to sleep it off.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Those hotels might have come in handy instead of drinking and driving , just check into into a nearby hotel to sleep it off.
I’m sure some people drive in and park there just to eat, but the hotels provide a base of people who are probably eating most meals there. Thats thousands of moth balled rooms out of circulation.

Lilofan

I’m sure some people drive in and park there just to eat, but the hotels provide a base of people who are probably eating most meals there. Thats thousands of moth balled rooms out of circulation.
If the hotels close off operations and turn off or set the central AC to a higher temp to save $$, mildew dust and mold will surely set in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom