Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImperfectPixie

I’m starting to think it will be a ghost town in Disney for a lot longer then I or some have thought. No promotions going at all even through next year so far.. delaying the hotels..etc. They obviously want as little a crowd as they can get.
Wow...that's right. We used to see TONS of commercials for WDW and now we see none. I wonder when they stopped airing them...

DisneyDebRob

Wow...that's right. We used to see TONS of commercials for WDW and now we see none. I wonder when they stopped airing them...
Welcome back.🙂 My wife was on the phone with Disney yesterday trying to change a reservation for this September for a client to ANY time next year with Any promotion they might have. They told her sorry, nothing at all in the way of promotions.

ImperfectPixie

Welcome back.🙂 My wife was on the phone with Disney yesterday trying to change a reservation for this September to ANY time next year with Any promotion they might have. They told her sorry, nothing at all in the way of promotions.
I've been around...just mostly reading in this thread. No jail time for me in a while. ;)

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Wow, demand must be real low. Not surprising given the situation, but I’m sure not hat the mouse house wanted. I assumed all along that once school went back demand would fall way off, but this is even beyond what I thought. I’m really glad I cancelled my trip in August. We had a split stay between BCV and Poly and now both resorts would be closed during my stay. So the DVC rooms and a limited number of restaurants would be open but no feature pools and limited amenities at the resorts. Really bad situation for DVC owners too. Sad state of affairs all around.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Not a great start to the MLB season:

It‘s tough to have the players out in the community especially in Miami or Atlanta (last 2 places the team went) where there’s a hot spot. On a selfish note, can we get these guys put of Philly before they start spreading infection locally ;)

Lets hope the start to the school year lasts longer than the start to the Marlins season.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Numbers are out -

Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 10.17.34 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 10.17.51 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 10.17.43 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 10.17.26 AM.png

disneygeek90

Not a great start to the MLB season:

It‘s tough to have the players out in the community especially in Miami or Atlanta (last 2 places the team went) where there’s a hot spot. On a selfish note, can we get these guys put of Philly before they start spreading infection locally ;)

Lets hope the start to the school year lasts longer than the start to the Marlins season.
The Marlins team will be quarantining in the hotel from what I read.

The Phillies cleaning crew better be double disinfecting that clubhouse before my Yankees get in today. I think we knew there would be cases but I'm not sure I expected a cancellation after 3 games. With all the traveling and nearly no player restrictions in game, I'm not sure how they keep the cases low and not infecting entire teams.

Edit: And just like that, they've cancelled tonight's Phillies/Yankees.

Last edited:

Touchdown

Just keeps ticking on. Is anyone going to do anything about it or just keep on going at between 10 and 15%. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Todays results are from Sunday, which means the tests were done Saturday. Weekends are always slower. Results reported Wed-Sat and comparing them to a week ago are far more helpful.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Just keeps ticking on. Is anyone going to do anything about it or just keep on going at between 10 and 15%. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I think the plan is do next to nothing and ride it out. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I can tell you for sure being up in the Northeast most people are not rushing to travel to hot spots like FL and once school starts it’s game over. Nobody is pulling their kids from school and going to WDW for a vacation if they then have to miss 2 more weeks of additional school on return in order to serve a quarantine. Maybe if schools go all virtual that will change. You could even do virtual school from your Disney hotel room if you wanted to.

Jrb1979

I think the plan is do next to nothing and ride it out. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I can tell you for sure being up in the Northeast most people are not rushing to travel to hot spots like FL and once school starts it’s game over. Nobody is pulling their kids from school and going to WDW for a vacation if they then have to miss 2 more weeks of additional school on return in order to serve a quarantine. Maybe if schools go all virtual that will change. You could even do virtual school from your Disney hotel room if you wanted to.
If that does happen and people stay away Disney is in a lot of trouble. They are delaying resort openings which means demand is already not there. Its the same at all parks right now. Even regional parks have no demand.

disneygeek90

Todays results are from Sunday, which means the tests were done Saturday. Weekends are always slower. Results reported Wed-Sat and comparing them to a week ago are far more helpful.
Who is getting 24 hour turn arounds? My brother took around 8 days to receive his results and my mom, who is tested every other week takes at least 7 days each time.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
If that does happen and people stay away Disney is in a lot of trouble. They are delaying resort openings which means demand is already not there. Its the same at all parks right now. Even regional parks have no demand.
Pretty much the whole NE has some form of travel restrictions in place. Unless FL gets the percent positive way down they will stay on the list. Nobody with school age kids can afford to have their kids miss 3 weeks of school for a week long trip to WDW. It’s a reality that a large block of their prime demographic they target is shut out as long as cases rage on. It’s possible things stabilize On their own by Sept/Oct and it’s not an issue. It’s a big gamble to take for the government there considering how much the economy depends on tourism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom