Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casper Gutman

Weeks? I never had a substitute for more than a day or two.
Well, kids are going to have a lot of substitutes for a lot longer if we aren't careful. More than a third of teachers are vulnerable to covid, so they may be out of the teaching pool to begin with. We will start to see outbreaks among the teachers who do start the year in-person. As that happens, other teachers will begin to balk in greater and greater numbers. The demand for substitutes, many of whom will themselves be unwilling to work due to comorbidities, will outpace supply. Schools will close due to these factors or due to uncontrolled outbreaks.

Schools do need to be open as soon as possible. But that requires planning many regions aren't willing to do, and that we aren't doing on a nation-wide level. It also probably required us to make some sacrifices - like opening up more cautiously, wearing masks more uniformly, and not opening theme parks - we weren't willing to make. You can't just yell, "OK, Schools open now."

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Teachers should become private and charge an hourly rate for homeschooling. They can make twice the money and the students get a much better education.

hopemax

Weeks? I never had a substitute for more than a day or two.
You never had a teacher go on maternity leave?

I've also had classes where the teacher left early, to take classes at the local university toward their masters. So a couple of days a week our afternoon class, had substitutes. It was pretty funny, when it happened in our 3rd/4th year Spanish, right before for the AP test. The substitute reported that we were awful, wouldn't speak in English and only in Spanish to each other. The rest of the semester, the principal subbed for our class while the other afternoon class had a "regular" sub. The principal quickly figured out he only needed to be in the room for attendance, and then would go back to his office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom