Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

oceanbreeze77

Patcheslee

We learned in the spring that neither of these solutions are better. They are far off in-person teaching in a classroom. It's not even close. This isn't like homeschooling 1 on 1; it is entirely different. Teachers are not able to do their jobs remotely (especially for the elementary age kids), at no fault of their own. And there are a number of reasons previously mentioned that the above solutions leave out many many at-risk children.
In most ways I agree that in classroom teaching is best for students. What I DID see as an improvement with my then 5th grader was she wasn't daydreaming/obviously talking with classmates/rushing to complete work just to have free reading time. She was also more willing to message the teacher in math with questions where previously she wouldn't say a word because kids made fun of her. So there are parts that worked out better in her case, but I'm not entirely convinced it's enough to take away the need for human interaction with kids her age, learning new routines, rules, and expectations going into middle school. We'll see once they release their opening plan here, we have 30 days till their first day back and still no clear cut plan. (Home or school temp check?, room transfer or not, are PE/band/choir now canceled? Masks, lunch in assigned rooms, maybe no bus service ect.) We do know all field trips for the entire school year and normal events/holiday celebrations are canceled already, but that is it. Just too many unanswered questions to make a decision.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
To be fair to him, he is one the the more reasonable and least combative here.
Yes, @GoofGoof , please know that I'm not attacking you. You are honestly one of the more calm and level headed folks in this thread. Emotions don't exactly translate through typed messages. I sincerely appreciate your responses and the back and forth we have had over the last few months. Please excuse any "tone" that may have come across in my messages.

Beers on me if we meet at WDW, which I would truly enjoy to sit and chat with you.

Ariel1986

Link up some articles and studies so I can take a look.

Our laws were actually changed back in March so that doctors could certify Covid deaths even if they had not seen the body/patient previously and whether or not the patient had been tested for the virus! And if a death certificate lists Covid as the cause, no post mortem is needed to confirm. There are actually scientists frustrated and concerned at the lack of postmortems on Covid patients which would allow them to study the disease through the tissues.

85AA089F-6961-490A-8692-F6ECCA1FF026.png

Touchdown

It's not a conspiracy if it's true. Medical "experts" have admitted to it.

View attachment 482217

This is just one example of many. And now I'll wait for someone to post a report that contradicts this, which is clearly only allowed when it suits the narrative.

I’m going to try and be a respectful as I can but just because you have a chronic disease does not mean Covid cannot kill you. To use a completely unrelated example:

Imagine you have a person with metastatic colon cancer, incurable and that person has been given 3 months to live.

Ok now imagine that person gets a pneumonia, and it gets bad, that person ends up in ICU in septic shock (organ failure and a state where a persons blood pressure requires medication to get normal.) However they get better except their kidneys don’t and rather then go on dialysis he goes on hospice and passes.

What is going to go on his death certificate as cause of death? I mean, without the cancer he should have survived the pneumonia. So is cancer on the list, the answer is no. Cause of death is:

1. Acute non traumatic kidney failure (Caused by)
2. Septic Shock (caused by)
3. Acute Bacterial Pneumonia

Cancer is only listed as additional problems at death.

The big thing is a lot of times what people assume is the cause of death (cancer) is not listed. It’s a really complex issue that is hard to explain. It’s very common for acute infection (like Covid) to cause death in a person with serious chronic disease because the cause of death has to connect to the thing that ultimately kills you.

lisa12000

Sorry I’ve searched for the england articles I will carry on as I’m not out to make false claims but here’s a couple from Ireland that shows that death figures may be overstated

Attachments

• 2E96EA5A-4A36-4DF4-ADBC-B80D8DF85978.png
    2E96EA5A-4A36-4DF4-ADBC-B80D8DF85978.png
    80.6 KB · Views: 48

lisa12000

Our laws were actually changed back in March so that doctors could certify Covid deaths even if they had not seen the body/patient previously and whether or not the patient had been tested for the virus! And if a death certificate lists Covid as the cause, no post mortem is needed to confirm. There are actually scientists frustrated and concerned at the lack of postmortems on Covid patients which would allow them to study the disease through the tissues.

View attachment 482230

Cheers for that :) I just find it slightly astonishing that we can label a persons death a Covid death without even seeing them before just based on circumstantial evidence! Most elderly patients go into respiratory distress at end of life unfortunately and I would hate to think that’s all it takes for it to be labelled as Covid - this causes massive distress for the families but also real harm to the care home they may have been in! There was a case I saw today where three people at a care home were labelled as a Covid death despite the home having no cases, then being regularly tested and all of them on end of life care due to other issues

Ariel1986

Cheers for that :) I just find it slightly astonishing that we can label a persons death a Covid death without even seeing them before just based on circumstantial evidence! Most elderly patients go into respiratory distress at end of life unfortunately and I would hate to think that’s all it takes for it to be labelled as Covid - this causes massive distress for the families but also real harm to the care home they may have been in! There was a case I saw today where three people at a care home were labelled as a Covid death despite the home having no cases, then being regularly tested and all of them on end of life care due to other issues

Exactly. It skews any data in my mind.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
This is a little older but was kicking around in my brain as you all were beating down @wdisney9000 for his wrong think.

The comparison identified the following, according to DPH:
  • 32 people who were already identified as a confirmed COVID-19 cases in the epidemiological surveillance system, but for which DPH did not receive a subsequent report of the person’s death.
  • 26 people who did not have a record of a lab result for COVID-19 in the surveillance system.
  • Nine people who had previously tested negative for COVID-19, but whose death certificate subsequently listed COVID-19 or SARS CoV-2 as a cause of, or a significant condition contributing to, death.
Nine negative tests counted as Covid deaths. 26 untested but probable. I’m sure this is an anomaly, or a lie, or meaningless, or whatever.

Jrb1979

I realize many of you who argue that it's not that bad just want to get things back to normal. We all do and no one is saying to go into lockdown again. Where I live we are still on stage 2 and we have had less then 200 daily cases for 3 weeks now. Everything is open minus our theme parks and indoor seating at restaurants. It saddens me to see so many of you trying to put a positive spin on every number that comes out. Why can't we continue social distancing and wearing masks til things get better? Everyone wants to open businesses again but it feels like many don't want to do the work to make it safe to do so.

lisa12000

I realize many of you who argue that it's not that bad just want to get things back to normal. We all do and no one is saying to go into lockdown again. Where I live we are still on stage 2 and we have had less then 200 daily cases for 3 weeks now. Everything is open minus our theme parks and indoor seating at restaurants. It saddens me to see so many of you trying to put a positive spin on every number that comes out. Why can't we continue social distancing and wearing masks til things get better? Everyone wants to open businesses again but it feels like many don't want to do the work to make it safe to do so.

don’t get me wrong I’m not trying to minimise anything - all I am saying is that there are numerous things wrong with statistics which mean you always have to look at them with a critical head and try not to compare them with other countries and even states due to how they are reported and how much testing has been done - for example I know in much of Europe there is very little testing going on except in areas where there are known spikes whereas in uk we are still mass testing and ramping it up even more with a capacity of over 300,000 tests a day - of course we are going to find more positives than an are doing 50,000!

I’m still really nervous about doing things - I won’t go to a pub and a reluctant to go to a restaurant even so not being blasé about things - we have booked to head over to Belgium for a 4 night break in two weeks and I’m really nervous mainly for the fact I don’t think is English will get a very warm welcome due to the way our response has been perceived aboard :( - I want everything to get back to normal but also scared of when it does!

Chi84

Premium Member
I’ve been following these boards for sometime now and very few people here try to put a positive spin on anything. Doesn’t matter what it is. There have been many posts exaggerating both the number of people infected and the contagiousness of the virus - I guess they must think doing so will scare people into taking it more seriously. Who knows why people post what they do.

And why do people keep posting that there is a pandemic? Is there anyone out there who doesn’t know that yet?

Last edited:

Casper Gutman

Everyone is scared. This situation is scary. But dealing with the fear by trying to pretend the scary thing isn't there, by attacking people who are responding to the fear more rationally by taking precautions, is really awful. There will always be people, like a certain former reporter with the initials AB, who are happy to profit off the desire to make the scary thing go away. But refusing to acknowledge the broad strokes of the bad situation is an absolutely guaranteed way to prolong it, to prolong the suffering.

There is a terrible pandemic raging across the world in general and America specifically. We need to take precautions to attempt to contain it. The sooner we do, the sooner normalcy can return, and the sooner EVERYONE can go back to WDW.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
And why do people keep posting that there is a pandemic? Is there anyone out there who doesn’t know that yet?
In the other thread where the people banned from this thread post now there was a several page debate with a handful of people insisting that this is no longer an epidemic. They were serious too. So there’s that...but I know that’s not what you meant;););)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom