Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Deesnee

So my family is annual passholders. One of us medically cannot wear masks due to a palpitation issue aggrevated when breathing is restricted (like with a properly functioning mask).
So now we can't go because of a medical condition? Are we going to get partial refunds for our annual passes? Is everyone going to get partial refunds if they only open 2 of the parks, with half the attractions and restaurants open, and no fireworks? That is not what a Passholder paid for and their should be a pro-rated refund for ALL passholders equal to the ammount of time the park is not operating at nearly full normal operation (vast majority of rides and restaurants open, like usual).

Lora Baines Bradley

So my family is annual passholders. One of us medically cannot wear masks due to a palpitation issue aggrevated when breathing is restricted (like with a properly functioning mask).
So now we can't go because of a medical condition? Are we going to get partial refunds for our annual passes? Is everyone going to get partial refunds if they only open 2 of the parks, with half the attractions and restaurants open, and no fireworks? That is not what a Passholder paid for and their should be a pro-rated refund for ALL passholders equal to the ammount of time the park is not operating at nearly full normal operation (vast majority of rides and restaurants open, like usual).

Pretty sure in the fine text of an AP that it says that provisions are subject to change without notice. Not that Disney should or shouldn’t refund but I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t. At most they’ll extend.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Make the sheriffs do it
In a viral video people don’t care. United had the airport police drag a guy off their plane and they took the bulk of the backlash and bad PR when the video went viral.

Not uncommon?
Not as uncommon as some things....like getting struck by lightning;)

It‘s not common, but still happens way too frequently. Actually, one time is too many. People need to get over themselves and learn to act right.

TrojanUSC

I have a weird feeling the Sky Liner won't open for sometime, small confined space that would need to be fully cleaned between guests.... Maybe it will be, but I can't picture the feasibility.

They aren't wiping down every ride vehicle or place guests touch though. Only things guests cling to for extended periods (lap bars, for example). The Skyliner seems like a pretty safe method of transportation if it is just your party. No handrails, lap bars or seatbelts to fondle.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
They aren't wiping down every ride vehicle or place guests touch though. Only things guests cling to for extended periods (lap bars, for example). The Skyliner seems like a pretty safe method of transportation if it is just your party. No handrails, lap bars or seatbelts to fondle.
Nobody should be fondling anything in the skyliner...this is a family resort :cool: ;)

Kevin_W

What I am really curious to know is how they are going to handle buffets? Sweet Tomatoes is not reopening and I worry that Golden Coral, Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace, and Trails End at Fort Wilderness will be changed. I know there are many more but these are my favorites.

Perhaps this sparks us to think.... maybe buffets aren't a good idea? I never gave it much thought, but in hindsight having hundreds of people touching that serving spoon before me is kinda gross. Sure, they touched the same lap bar on 7DMT but I washed my hands between riding that and eating. I don't wash my hands after hitting the buffet line.

TrojanUSC

Perhaps this sparks us to think.... maybe buffets aren't a good idea? I never gave it much thought, but in hindsight having hundreds of people touching that serving spoon before me is kinda gross. Sure, they touched the same lap bar on 7DMT but I washed my hands between riding that and eating. I don't wash my hands after hitting the buffet line.

In SDL there are CMs doling out the food, more like cafeteria style. I'd imagine that's what they will go to in Florida. Or offer single-use gloves tabletop but that seems like a lot of effort.

wannabeBelle

Some ideas have been floating around such as having CM's serve the items rather than letting guests touch the utensils. The other I have heard is to do a family style all you care to eat platter such as the type that is served more at Whispering Canyon. This may limit the choices though. Marie

Tom P.

There won’t be self serve buffets for a long time...if ever.
If self-serve buffets never return, then IMHO that will be one small positive thing to come out of this whole mess.

There are many restaurants at Walt Disney World that were previously buffets that I like -- Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare to name a few. But if those change to either being regular table service or a buffet where someone serves you, even if that increased the price, I would be fine with that.

Buffets just seemed unsanitary, even before COVID-19.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
If self-serve buffets never return, then IMHO that will be one small positive thing to come out of this whole mess.

There are many restaurants at Walt Disney World that were previously buffets that I like -- Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare to name a few. But if those change to either being regular table service or a buffet where someone serves you, even if that increased the price, I would be fine with that.

Buffets just seemed unsanitary, even before COVID-19.
It’s not a major long term change to have servers at a buffet. There’s some construction and rework they would have to do. The big buffets can change but what may not come back are things like hotel breakfasts that are self serve or food offerings in a lounge. Those could be changed too to pre-packaged items or made to order food.

Disney Analyst

An enclosed space another family was breathing in moments before and it would be safe for another family to jump right in? We can’t even have crowds inside a cavernous theatre or arena... I guess there’s some air flow, but seems risky.

TrojanUSC

An enclosed space another family was breathing in moments before and it would be safe for another family to jump right in? We can’t even have crowds inside a cavernous theatre or arena... I guess there’s some air flow, but seems risky.

Anyone who has ridden it know it's actually really breezy and when the vehicles are in the stations there's intense fans, so the droplets likely disburse pretty quickly.

Peter Pan's Shadow

Yeah I've been sceeved out by buffets for a long time. In fact. When the virus first hit I joked that people could just wear a hat with slightly angled clear plastic brim and that would stop all germs from flinging on either side of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom