Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmp85

You have no disagreement with me on that last paragraph. I’ve been saying from the beginning that those farewell crowds are all set to reopen the place. As for the rest, who knows?

I think if we assume the people that show up are mostly going to be the ones who "don't take this that seriously" they're also going to be the ones least willing to put up with changes that water down their Disney experience. People who would be willing to accept the changes are likely going to want to stay home.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
This just popped up, Regal is following them too. I doubt anything will really change honestly. Aside from a few movies over the years, I'd rather not go to a theater considering how poor they are at enforcing policies. I'd like to experience an Alamo Drafthouse since they enforce without caring about their PR.

I have no desire to go to AMC or Regal. Cinemark, maybe, but that's also super close to us. In North Texas, we have so many non-chain theaters as well that you can support those theaters and not touch the 'big ones'. For me, I prefer VOD and support any studio going forward with it. When the wife and I want to, we can go out to one of the local theaters (including Alamo) and give them our business rather than the ones who have time and time again done everything possible to make going to the movie theater a horrible experience (including 15 minutes of commercials followed by 20 minutes of trailers).

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
I think if we assume the people that show up are mostly going to be the ones who "don't take this that seriously" they're also going to be the ones least willing to put up with changes that water down their Disney experience. People who would be willing to accept the changes are likely going to want to stay home.

I mean, if they are the ones least willing to put up with changes, it won't stop them from giving cash to the mouse and showing up.

DisneyDebRob

If they go with something more restrictive than what we've already seen, I think they'll have to beg people to visit. I take the family about three times per year, but the whole purpose of the Disney trip is to escape reality. Wearing masks, seeing tape everywhere, items removed, etc. will not be an escape from reality. Note, this is not an opinion on what Disney should or shouldn't do, just my personal view as an avid Disney fan. We'll all have to make our own decisions, but at this point I'll probably just save my money.
So agree. What makes Disney special to me anyway, is leaving reality and being in that bubble. To grab a drink, sit anywhere you like and watch the world go by. The CM’s, parades, fireworks and unique shows is what does it for me. So if you tell me most of that won’t be there for however long, I’ll wait until it’s back. But I sure hope it’s all back soon because I sure could use a trip but I’m willing to wait.

Prototype82

I am nervous about our attractions. I wonder if Flight of Passage will remain 3D during this phase. For some attractions, I couldn't care less but it really is what makes the attraction feel so real... I don't know too much about the glasses cleaning process.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I am nervous about our attractions. I wonder if Flight of Passage will remain 3D during this phase. For some attractions, I couldn't care less but it really is what makes the attraction feel so real... I don't know too much about the glasses cleaning process.
Pretty sure they are disinfected after every use anyways. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong.

natatomic

If they go with something more restrictive than what we've already seen, I think they'll have to beg people to visit. I take the family about three times per year, but the whole purpose of the Disney trip is to escape reality. Wearing masks, seeing tape everywhere, items removed, etc. will not be an escape from reality. Note, this is not an opinion on what Disney should or shouldn't do, just my personal view as an avid Disney fan. We'll all have to make our own decisions, but at this point I'll probably just save my money.

Same. I live 2 miles away from DAK, as the crow flies. I used to take my kids to the parks twice a week most of the year. If most of these restrictions are in place, we won’t be returning. Obviously Disney is only losing minimal money on me, if my family doesn’t return, since we’re locals who don’t stay on property and eat most meals at home, etc. But If I had to spend thousands on a trip to a place with restrictions like this, I wouldn’t. I don’t think many would either. It will be interesting to see how many of these restrictions are put into place and how long they last. I enjoyed our trips to the parks, so I hope it’s worth it to go again one day....sooner rather than later.

DisneyCane

Pretty sure they are disinfected after every use anyways. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong.
They are to an extent from what I understand. How cautious they're going to be is what I'm wondering.
More than "to an extent." Reusable 3D glasses are treated like eating utensils when it comes to sanitizing between uses. This is by health department regulations.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I wonder if we'll be able to pick one of these up at Guest Relations. Or if we'll be forced to wear one after the screening.

1588191672700.png

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
The problem is the CDC and federal guidelines are a decrease in cases for a 14 day period, then to start slowing opening. Right now there are 10 states starting to open that the cases are going up in. I think we all want to open safe, whether that’s tomorrow or 6 months from now.
In Ga they are testing thousands more people per day than they were several weeks ago so of course there will be an increase in cases. The death rate has not increased though, its actually slowed down. And thats not even mentioning the fact (yes fact) that many deaths in which covid is not the cause of death are still counted as a covid death. And Governor Kemp was going off several data models, not strictly the CDC's. And can you blame him? The CDC hasnt had their act together from day one.

I believe that those who are ready to begin to open the country back up are absolutely in favor of doing it safely, slowly and with all precautions necessary. The fact that they are no longer allowing themselves to be terrified by every boogey man story the media presents is why they are consistently labelled as dangerous and painted as people who just want every sector of society to open the flood gates of doom and despair.

DisneyDebRob

In Ga they are testing thousands more people per day than they were several weeks ago so of course there will be an increase in cases. The death rate has not increased though, its actually slowed down. And thats not even mentioning the fact (yes fact) that many deaths in which covid is not the cause of death are still counted as a covid death. And Governor Kemp was going off several data models, not strictly the CDC's. And can you blame him? The CDC hasnt had their act together from day one.

I believe that those who are ready to begin to open the country back up are absolutely in favor of doing it safely, slowly and with all precautions necessary. The fact that they are no longer allowing themselves to be terrified by every boogey man story the media presents is why they are consistently labelled as dangerous and painted as people who just want every sector of society to open the flood gates of doom and despair.
Well.. alrighty then.

Polynesia

Florida has also been testing more each day which can cause spikes in the new cases. What’s worth watching is the positivity rate. Ten days ago it was 10.8 and today we’re at 8.8. That’s the true indicator of how things are going. Some days certain locations are closed due to weather so that makes it appear lower. I continue to watch the rate. If that increases then there’s a true spike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom