Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

disdonald

Florida definitely has a very detailed PDF on a daily basis.
I have been tracking since want to visit son in July.
Definitely alarming what is going on.

The page right after these graphs also shows the age breakdown by cases, hospitalizations and deaths, which is more positive in that if it is younger ages getting it, the threat to them may not be as bad, though infecting others still very much a concern. It would be nice to get a age breakdown by cases, hospitalizations and deaths on a daily basis

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The Publix supermarket 1 block from Sea World already has staff testing positive for covid.
I’ve been to that Publix. Good selection of beers for a supermarket. We stayed at a condo right down the street a few times. It’s probably a mix of locals and tourists shopping in there. Lots of timeshares in that area.

Lilofan

I’ve been to that Publix. Good selection of beers for a supermarket. We stayed at a condo right down the street a few times. It’s probably a mix of locals and tourists shopping in there. Lots of timeshares in that area.
If you were there in the supermarket in the last two years, the location is brand new and expanded. The old Publix was closed for more than a year, gutted out and now looks better than ever.

Rider

A reminder that you don't just impact yourself if you go out without preventative measures even if you don't have symptoms.

A friend who was at the party reached out to Macias to say he had coronavirus, and he was aware of the diagnosis when he attended the gathering but didn't think he could infect anyone because he had no symptoms, Lopez said.

oceanbreeze77

Florida reported 10,109 new coronavirus cases Thursday, a record, for a total of 169,106, and 67 new fatalities to bring the death toll to 3,617.

Central Florida now has 25,418 cases, up 1,691 from a day earlier. There are 584 new cases in Orange for a total of 11,458, 279 in Polk for 4,327, 155 in Seminole for 2,837, 153 in Volusia for 2,372, 185 in Osceola for 2,349, 218 in Brevard for 2,180, 98 in Lake for 1,508, and 19 in Sumter for 387.
I keep saying this, but they have to pull the plug, right??? Right!?!?!

Jrb1979

All I do now is shake my head. I have to laugh at how we many are so worried about the economy. The best thing you can do to help is support your LOCAL businesses including amusement parks in your area. Too many Disney fans don't support their local park. It will be really sad if they have to close cause not enough of the community supports them.

Ragerunner

can you elaborate?
Easily 60% of the guest were not wearing face mask while walking around. Social distancing in show venues and lines was not being enforced and we even saw some employees wearing their mask as neck bands.
The Waterpark is not enforcing social distancing in the lines which is about all you can do when people are not wearing a mask because it’s a water slide.

milordsloth

All I do now is shake my head. I have to laugh at how we many are so worried about the economy. The best thing you can do to help is support your LOCAL businesses including amusement parks in your area. Too many Disney fans don't support their local park. It will be really sad if they have to close cause not enough of the community supports them.

I would absolutely go to my local parks every weekend if the state would allow them to open. Since they aren't I'm still happy to safely travel and support Disney and other Florida parks.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
All I do now is shake my head. I have to laugh at how we many are so worried about the economy.
I’m not going to dive into the “COVID or the economy” debate. But the economy is made up of people and their families. That is why it always comes up as a concern. Doesn’t matter if it is a local business or a large corporation. They are all made up of real people.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
If you were there in the supermarket in the last two years, the location is brand new and expanded. The old Publix was closed for more than a year, gutted out and now looks better than ever.
Probably the old one. It was maybe a block or 2 past international drive on the main cross road where Sea World is. We were staying at a Hilton Timeshare there. I know this is all off topic, but just brings the situation home when it’s places you actually may have been at as opposed to random locations.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Easily 60% of the guest were not wearing face mask while walking around. Social distancing in show venues and lines was not being enforced and we even saw some employees wearing their mask as neck bands.
The Waterpark is not enforcing social distancing in the lines which is about all you can do when people are not wearing a mask because it’s a water slide.
Thanks for the info, doesn't sound good.

mickeymiss

Have to....no. Could they still pull the plug? Yes, but it’s getting close to the point of no return.

There needs to be a reason they specifically have to pull the plug though. If they close, it will be like a public statement that even the most extreme precautions don't work. I don't believe that is true and want proof if it is.

oceanbreeze77

There needs to be a reason they specifically have to pull the plug though. If they close, it will be like a public statement that even the most extreme precautions don't work. I don't believe that is true and want proof if it is.
Thats not hard "due to recent outbreaks we though it would be best to delay reopening to better protect the surrounding communities"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom