Coronado Springs.

CMV

We did Coronado in May 2009, and were pleased with everything. It's an architecturally striking resort, but not a lot of shade, nothing comparable to Port Orleans Riverside. Personally, I think it looks even better at night.

Upvote 0

Courtnie1811

Original Poster
We did Coronado in May 2009, and were pleased with everything. It's an architecturally striking resort, but not a lot of shade, nothing comparable to Port Orleans Riverside. Personally, I think it looks even better at night.

I looked at POR and I am from New Orleans...lol so I don't particularly wanna stay in a new orleans themed resort.

Upvote 0

CMV

The Alligator Bayou section of Riverside is my favorite on-property. Heavily wooded, with rustic style building...it's just tops. Plus, the smaller quiet pools used to be open 24/7, I hope that's still the case.

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

CSR is my favorite moderate. The theme is great. It is a large resort, but very nice. The pool is great, the food is awesome and the rooms are really pretty and clean.

Upvote 0

aw14

Been to CS twice....6/2000 and 8/2011. Love it!!! It is a beautiful resort, just a little bigger than we like. We are now truly POFQ people as a result.

Upvote 0

Pooh'sBuddy

Has anyone stayed at Coronado Springs? I am thinking about switching from AOA little mermaid room.

We will be staying there in June. We made our decision based on how centrally located the resort is, the room decor, I think their toiletries are H2O brand, the buses are not shared with other resorts (we're using Disney transportation), and the Dig Site pool. http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/ is Buzz's website.

Do you think it will be too cold in April to go swimming?
I've been to Disney in January and have been swimming so I would say that in April it should be ok to swim. I guess it depends on the temp for the day but you should be able to.

I remember days in January that were downright hot, so I would agree that you never know about the weather anytime, but chances are pretty good.

Upvote 0

bigorangeandy

We stayed at CSR twice in 2011 and had a great time. We were in building 7A and 8A, which are short walks to the bus stops. Building 8A was a short walk to the pool and short walk to the bus stop, 7A was about 5 minutes to the main pool, which will be warm enough for an April swim.

Upvote 0

Disney Fanatic 29

I stayed at CS for the first time in February last year. I loved it. The rooms were the perfect size for 2 people and our room was very close to the bus stop. You can definitely go swimming in April. I went swimming in February (only during the daytime, it was too cold at night lol) but I've been down to Disney in April and the weather is usually in the 80's which would be perfect for swimming!

Upvote 0

smethbet

I think it looks even better at night.
a16
k3

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

I'd recommend CSR in a heartbeat! Besides having a great main pool area, CSR also offers many deluxe amenities at a mod price.

CSR has queen beds and the rooms have been recently renovated and are gorgeous. The rooms also have a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room instead of a privacy curtain like the other mods (can be good for little ones napping in a pack n play).

Amenities include a fitness center, spa, free wi-fi, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night club. Beginning in 2013, club level rooms will be offer to guests.

The resort offers the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

CSR has the largest hot tub of the mods and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide and playground area is great and all located in one area at the main pool.

Bus service is terrific and is not shared with another resort.

Upvote 0

copcarguyp71

Great resort, probably our favorite so far including deluxes. Plentiful bus stops without sharing with other resorts. Excellent dining options. Pool is great and has the largest hot tub of any moderate. CSR has doors instead of a curtain between the sink area and the bedroom. Beautiful resort that the kids will love but still has an adult feel.:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom