Coronado Springs

Hi, I am 34 days away from our trip! We are staying at Coronado Springs Resort and was wondering what section is the best to stay in? What tips do you have on this resort?
Any help would be great!

coltow

The food is pretty good. Here is the latest menu from June 2012.

149wit4.jpg

The shower heads are not low flow. Here are the newest ones installed (June 2012).
2ighs29.jpg
any one know if DDP counter service credit can be used at Siestas? It doesn't say on the menu

Upvote 0
Coronado is a great place to stay! Though I can understand the downsides people mention (large size, distance to food/pool) if you got a car it's no problem. We really like Peppermarket too.

We have stayed in Casitas before, as it was close to the main building and we knew we wouldn't be needing the pool (February). Next time, we would probably stay at Cabanas just for something different and they are really nice looking buildings.
I am feeling better about going...Thanks

Upvote 0
We stayed there once in 2007 because it was free. Yeah, that's right. Free room, baby! That's how I roll (that one time).

As it was a free room, it was the room that was farthest away from the main building. Even so, we weren't far from the main pool, the play ground or a bus stop. But if we wanted to eat anything at the resort, it was a hike!

CSR is absolutely beautiful. We really enjoyed it. The only downside was that it was a sprawling complex. My advice is this: If you haven't already done so, start your walking regimen right now! Oh, and bring comfy shoes. And whatever foot treatments you deem necessary.
Luckily I have a room by the food and bus stop. I think it is the Cabanas.

Upvote 0
Coronado Springs is a wonderful resort. My wife loves the theming and atmosphere so much she thinks of it as a vacation within a vacation. My kids adored the pool, the slide, and the dig site playground.

One time I stayed at the back of Rancho 7B which was quite far from the food court at El Centro. My second visit I was in Cabanas 9A which was a lot more conveniently located. One thing you can do to get around the resort is hitch a ride w/a cast member in a golf cart or take one of the buses (the theme park buses circumnavigate the resort before departing Coronado Springs). Ask the bus driver if they're going stop at El Centro before getting on, though. One of the bus routes doesn't make that a last stop before leaving. I discovered that the hard way. ;-)

A friend of mine loves the Pepper Market as the only place you can get prime rib as a counter service meal credit. As a vegetarian, I've had some difficulty explaining the concept of a veggie burrito to the burrito makers there.

Still, I love the resort enough that this photo is my workstation wallpaper: http://www.flickr.com/photos/atsolo/6251895421/in/set-72157627525389011/

Have a wonderful time!

--Adam
Great info we are farmers and meat eaters. I feel sooo much better know that I am heaaring all of this good info instead of soooo much negative.

Upvote 0

brizmom1999

Original Poster
I am sure they are perferred rooms I asked for them.
I did not pay for a preferred room nor did I request anything before I got the packet. I called the other day when I tried to do the on-line chek-in and was having an issue. The person said I had a preferred room when he read my ressie back to me. I asked for a room close to a pool during this convo. The last time we went and stayed at POR I asked for the building and asked to be as close to a pool and we had one right next to it, hubby and daughter were thrilled!! We always celebrate our anniversary the week we are down there (8/28) so maybe that is why we have been lucky! :D

Upvote 0

luv

The rooms are the same in all of them now. The only difference is the outside of the building and location.

I prefer Casitas, but they're all fine. :)

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

I think it all depends on what you want to be close to. We were just there is May. I requested the Cabanas and we were given Cabanas 8A when we arrived! This worked PERFECT for us as we were right by the Dig Site pool and the Cabanas bus stop. El Centro and the Pepper Market were just a short walk over the bridge. I loved taking the 5 minute stroll in the morning to get my coffee. So peaceful! This is by far my favorite moderate resort. Hope you love it as much as we do!

Upvote 0

diddy_mouse

I had thought about requesting a room when I booked, but since I booked through the convention website I didn't really have an option. Curious to see how the buses run...I've heard good things. 2 days and counting! So excited!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom