Coronado Springs

Hi, I am 34 days away from our trip! We are staying at Coronado Springs Resort and was wondering what section is the best to stay in? What tips do you have on this resort?
Any help would be great!

muteki

Coronado is a great place to stay! Though I can understand the downsides people mention (large size, distance to food/pool) if you got a car it's no problem. We really like Peppermarket too.

We have stayed in Casitas before, as it was close to the main building and we knew we wouldn't be needing the pool (February). Next time, we would probably stay at Cabanas just for something different and they are really nice looking buildings.

Upvote 0

lebeau

We stayed there once in 2007 because it was free. Yeah, that's right. Free room, baby! That's how I roll (that one time).

As it was a free room, it was the room that was farthest away from the main building. Even so, we weren't far from the main pool, the play ground or a bus stop. But if we wanted to eat anything at the resort, it was a hike!

CSR is absolutely beautiful. We really enjoyed it. The only downside was that it was a sprawling complex. My advice is this: If you haven't already done so, start your walking regimen right now! Oh, and bring comfy shoes. And whatever foot treatments you deem necessary.

Upvote 0

Pooh'sBuddy

We're planning on staying there next June and want to stay near the Dig Site. I'm interested in how the food is at Siesta's Pool Bar & Grill instead of going all the way to Pepper Market. Also, I think I read somewhere here that the shower heads are low flow. I can't find it by searching now. Is that true?

Upvote 0

lebeau

We're planning on staying there next June and want to stay near the Dig Site. I'm interested in how the food is at Siesta's Pool Bar & Grill instead of going all the way to Pepper Market. Also, I think I read somewhere here that the shower heads are low flow. I can't find it by searching now. Is that true?

We had a not-so-good experience at the pool bar. The offerings are pretty basic and the hours food is served is limited. We ran into a very rude cast member the day we ordered from the bar. I definitely wouldn't count on eating there on a regular basis. It's there for "emergencies".

Upvote 0

atsolomon

Coronado Springs is a wonderful resort. My wife loves the theming and atmosphere so much she thinks of it as a vacation within a vacation. My kids adored the pool, the slide, and the dig site playground.

One time I stayed at the back of Rancho 7B which was quite far from the food court at El Centro. My second visit I was in Cabanas 9A which was a lot more conveniently located. One thing you can do to get around the resort is hitch a ride w/a cast member in a golf cart or take one of the buses (the theme park buses circumnavigate the resort before departing Coronado Springs). Ask the bus driver if they're going stop at El Centro before getting on, though. One of the bus routes doesn't make that a last stop before leaving. I discovered that the hard way. ;-)

A friend of mine loves the Pepper Market as the only place you can get prime rib as a counter service meal credit. As a vegetarian, I've had some difficulty explaining the concept of a veggie burrito to the burrito makers there.

Still, I love the resort enough that this photo is my workstation wallpaper: http://www.flickr.com/photos/atsolo/6251895421/in/set-72157627525389011/

Have a wonderful time!

--Adam

Upvote 0

brizmom1999

Original Poster
I got my packet yesterday and am so excited!!!! One thing I noticed on the packet where the room is concerned, it says preferred? Does that mean anything?

Upvote 0

brizmom1999

Original Poster
I did not make any requests and booked a standard room. I was wondering if they upgraded us already?? One year we stayed at POR and asked for the Magnolia bldg and close to the pool. We were told at check in that we were "upgraded" and had a pool side room that was awesome!!!! i was wondering if we were lucky without even asking! :D

Upvote 0

Vader2112

Pool bar has the basics and the operating hours are limited. The bar is average. Do not recall about the shower heads. I remeber being able to change the water flow on the one in my room on my last trip in May.

Upvote 0

Pooh'sBuddy

Pool bar has the basics and the operating hours are limited. The bar is average. Do not recall about the shower heads. I remeber being able to change the water flow on the one in my room on my last trip in May.

We had a not-so-good experience at the pool bar. The offerings are pretty basic and the hours food is served is limited. We ran into a very rude cast member the day we ordered from the bar. I definitely wouldn't count on eating there on a regular basis. It's there for "emergencies".

Thank you! I was thinking we'd use Siestas in a crunch since we'll be in the Parks most of the time.

Upvote 0
Hi Captain Shortty, this will be our first time at this resort but my fourth stay at WDW. I like to try a new resort each time we stay and usually try and get a feel for the best area to stay in at the resort. I usually like to call a month before and request an area. I never expect them to honor my requests but delighted when they do. We were extremely lucky when we stayed at POR and got a Magnolia room right next to the pool!! They upgraded us without us asking! We were so happy since that is where my daughter and hubby spend most of their time when at the resorts. At CS I am hoping to stay as near the pool as possible(quiet one is fine) and close to a bus stop. I would like to be a little closer to the main pool b/c I have been hearing great things, but we can always walk. I just like to know the best sections.

I will definetly look for you in the lobby!! We are due to arrive on 8/26/12!

Thank you all for the feed back!!!
I myself will be attending the resort CS on the 26th of August. This will be my 10th trip to some form of Disney and the 1st time to CS. I feel like I read soo much negative that I am not sure if I am going to be looking for a good time or not. I hear that the food area their is not the same (Disney as the rest of the resorts, Is this true? Also I have been told that it is nothing but a Convention Center... Please make this sound better....

Upvote 0
I got my packet yesterday and am so excited!!!! One thing I noticed on the packet where the room is concerned, it says preferred? Does that mean anything?
Preffered room usually means that you were being placed if possible in a room close to the food/pool. I request them all the time now. It is so worth the few dollars extra! I hope I can meet you there!

Upvote 0
LOL, we expect to be at the hotel around 10 am, and if our room is ready or not be at the pool by 10:15!!!
Please take a word of advice from lessons learned...place your swimwear and large ziplocks in your carry on! Years ago my luggage was not in my room when I was expecting it. It was hours and hours later. Also keep any Rx you might need with you. Now when you arrive you can be ready to jump in at 10:15 instead of waiting for your suitcases with your suits to arrive. I am sure I will meet you there!;)

Upvote 0

brizmom1999

Original Poster
Please take a word of advice from lessons learned...place your swimwear and large ziplocks in your carry on! Years ago my luggage was not in my room when I was expecting it. It was hours and hours later. Also keep any Rx you might need with you. Now when you arrive you can be ready to jump in at 10:15 instead of waiting for your suitcases with your suits to arrive. I am sure I will meet you there!;)
From all the lessons I have learned on these boards, I always keep a swimsuit for each of us, any meds, and cameras in my carry on. Main things I know we cannot live without! :) I hope to see you there too! How long are you there for?

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

The food is pretty good. Here is the latest menu from June 2012.

149wit4.jpg

The shower heads are not low flow. Here are the newest ones installed (June 2012).
2ighs29.jpg

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom