Coronado Springs

BongoFury

After looking at all the moderates, I keep going back to Coronado. For those that have stayed there, is it as nice as it looks?

It doesn't seem to be as popular as the other mods or maybe it is. I just don't see it metioned as much as Caribbean or Port Orleans.

coltow

We just booked here. FQ was our first choice but it was full. We then booked RS because it's FQ's sister hotel. After going back and forth (I swear 100 times) we switched to CSR. Our thinking was this. RS would prob be really full and busy. CSR might not be. RS shares buses, CSR does not.

We have stayed here before but that was in 1998 right after they opened. We think the kids we are with will LOVE the pool. My only fear is that we may have to wait longer for buses.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

I have some clients that will ONLY go to CSR. They love it.

I'll be there on March 20 for a few days.

Some don't like that it is a convention resort.
For some, it is a little spread out.
The Pepper Market is different than other locations.

I've read that the buses can have low crowds since many of the guests are there for conventions and don't take up space on the buses.

Here is a great fan website
http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/

Upvote 0

mets7

I have stayed there in April 2010, September 2011 and am heading back there again this October. Will stay there everytime unless I can one day afford the Poly or Contemporary. We have never had to wait long for busses, they are less crowded and coming home the lines to get on the bus is not bad at all. Pepper Market is awesome. If you stay in the Cabanas or Casitas you will be fairly close to the main building. The Cabanas would be ideal, right in the middle between Main Pool and Main Building. I really get tired of hearing people complain about it being a convention resort. All that means is you have more people not going to the parks. Sometimes breakfast can get crowded if you are a little later getting out, but that is all. You get a delux resort feel for a moderate price. There are solid wood doors seperating the bathroom from the sleeping area instead of a curtain and they have Queen size beds.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Convention resort.

The only thing that puts us off trying it is that the resort sometimes gets used for conventions,apart from that it looks awesome,also is this the only moderate that has only one sink in the bathroom area?hey,iam getting fussy in my old age.Iam sure youll have a great time,come on,it's WDW. :wave:

Upvote 0

Philhar-Fanatic

I'm glad you posted this. We are currently booked at the Pop for the second year in a row. This June we will be in the World for 10 nights and getting a little concerned that for that long of a stay we might really enjoy a little more room! Also, I hear that they have one of the best pools on property which is big for us and the kids. We've been going back and forth on weather to try it out or not, because we really LOVE the Pop. One of our big hang ups is we are doing the QS dining this year and we really like the food at the Pop. Not sure about the mixed reviews from the Pepper Market. What to do??? :shrug:

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

Thanks for the plug DisneyJoe!

I'd recommend CSR to many people. We've been going there since 1998 when my daughter was 4. Besides having a great main pool area, CSR also offers many deluxe amenities at a mod price.

CSR has queen beds and the rooms have been recently renovated and are gorgeous. The rooms also have a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room instead of a privacy curtain like the other mods (can be good for little ones napping in a pack n play).

Amenities include a fitness center, spa, free wi-fi, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night club.

The resort offers the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

CSR has the largest hot tub of the mods and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide and playground area is great and all located in one area at the main pool.

Bus service is terrific and is not shared with another resort.

Upvote 0

Chrononymous

I have stayed there three times...more than any other resort! And while I do like PORS slightly better (more serene atmosphere) I think CS is really top notch in the Moderates.

It has a great pool, and a nice beach around the property that everytime I have been there...we have had to ourselves.

I also like the Pepper Market (even though it's slightly more expensive than a food court) it has quality, and some choices I haven't seen anywhere else.

I really like the rooms too.

As far as conventions go...well I HAVE been on a bus with a huge group of convention goers...it was standing room only...but I have to say they were the nicest and friendliest big crowd I had ever seen in WDW.
One even gave up his seat so my elderly Mom could sit.

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

we stayed at csr in august 2011. i really liked the resort. the room we stayed in was equal to those at cbr, por, and pofq (all of which i've also stayed at). i really liked the pool and their activities. the grounds were pretty. we stayed in the ranchos section and were close to a quiet pool, short walk to the main pool, there were nearby laundry facilities, and the bus depot was close and it didn't take any longer to loop through the resort bus stops than it does for por or cbr. my main negative was the quick serve area. it's small and wasn't real organized but i'm thinking more people use the other restaurant they have. room service was also a problem in not picking up the one night but it was pouring rain and we wondered if they were just overloaded. we tried to use them between 830-9pm (supposedly available until 11pm) but they never picked up. fortunately there's also a 24 hour mcdonalds just up the road which we ended up using instead. i think most people just get turned off because it's attached to a convention center. i like that they offer suites, have the spa services like the deluxe resorts. overall i feel like they're the bridge between the moderates and the deluxe resorts.

Upvote 0

mousefreak

We stayed at Coronado this past September. It's very nice and very large resort. We never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus and most of the time it was shorter. I would highly recommend Coronado.

Upvote 0

Club34

The CSR stinks. Its lousy. It DOES NOT have lush foliage, fountains, excellent theming, a great pool, large hot tub, or an efficient bus system. People don't like it and I think its been closed down. Please do not stay at my home, er, this resort. That is all. :lookaroun

Upvote 0

kmac77

My Wife, Daughter and I have stayed at CSR numerous times. For our $$$, it has the best pool on property (Dig Site), and the best Counter Service restaurant as far as selection at a Moderate or Deluxe resort goes. Keep in mind, it is a convention resort, but we've never run into any issues with conventioners. Also, we love the fact that it's on the main road between AK and Epcot/HS, but if you're a MK lover, it's probably the second farthest resort away, second to AKL. Don't be a hater. Love CSR! :ROFLOL:

kmac77

Upvote 0
We stayed there the week of Thanksgiving 2010. As crowded as WDW was that week we never felt as though we were bumping into people at the resort. We love everything about the CSR!

I talked my sister into staying there for their next trip (they are on their way there now! :sohappy:)

We will be staying there in April and we can't wait! We love the rooms, the grounds, the Pepper Market and the pool. Oh, and the coffee is GREAT too!

Upvote 0

goofykt

We've stayed there twice and have loved it both times - especially now that they've redone the rooms. I'd even venture to say it's our favorite Mod. The last time we went with my brother and sister-in-law, and it was nice having doors (rather than a flimsy curtain) at the bathroom/vanity area for extra privacy.

It's a lot quieter than the other resorts too, and I love going for a run around the water in the mornings. There are also lots of cute little bridges and pretty landscaping throughout, so it's great for relaxing evening strolls if you wanna unwind a bit after a day fighting the crowds :)

The bus system also seems to be good there, because we've never had to wait more than 15 or 20 minutes for one.

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

The CSR stinks. Its lousy. It DOES NOT have lush foliage, fountains, excellent theming, a great pool, large hot tub, or an efficient bus system. People don't like it and I think its been closed down. Please do not stay at my home, er, this resort. That is all. :lookaroun
:ROFLOL::ROFLOL: That's exactly what my wife tells me to say to everyone because its getting harder and harder to get a room there.

Upvote 0

Pooh'sBuddy

:ROFLOL:

Club34, please ignore the following comments and have a magical day.

I am SO glad y'all have been discussing CSR. I have never really given it much of a first thought, much less a second, but y'all have changed my mind. It's now in the front of the pack for our next visit.

Upvote 0

chama1

Coronado Resort

I must say out of all the Disney Moderate resorts this one is our favorite. The major pool is wonderful for families/kids but for us it was the "quiet" pool that got our vote. Those hotel rooms are furthest away from the main areas but close to the bus stop. The walks are lovely in the evening and the staff are very helpful.

Upvote 0

wsmith1978

I'd like to thank everyone for the good reviews. We've been wanting to stay here for a couple years, but can't seem to pull ourselves away from WL. However, after reading this thread, we've decided our next stay will definitely at Coronado Springs!

Upvote 0

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Coronado is my favorite of the moderates as well. It is spread out, but so is CBR and POR, so that's no different, really. CSR is beautiful and calming to walk around. The main pool area is great, and it has better quick-service food (Pepper Market) and the best sit-down restuarant (Maya Grill) of all the mods. CSR's rooms are a litlte bigger, I think, as well, and they have queen beds in them already (PO is changing over from doubles, but not complete yet, I don't think).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom