Coronado Springs

mikeb1967

Hello, Well waiting for our Dec. 10-19th WDW cruise/trip to get here seemed too long, so I booked a last minute trip for my wife's BD from Aug. 23-26th. We ended up booking on the last day to get free dining so all what was available was a king room at CS, not the value room i was looking for. We really are never in our room when we come to WDW we leave in the morn and return late night. It is about $300 more than the POP, so i was thinking about calling everyday to find a cancellation at a value to save a few bucks, but i got to thinking about all those people packed into the values and wondered if the transportation from CS would be better than fighting a completely booked value resort. My question is: normally, how is the bus transportaion fron CS and do you think it is worth the extra $ to stay there even though we will really not be at the resort at all. What are your experiences with CS. We have stayed at CBR and PO years ago and did not care for having to wait for an inner loop bus to take us to the resort bus, we have found the transportation at the POP to be just about the fastest on property. Let's hear some opinions. Thanks,
MikeB
PS. I blame booking this trip on watching the guy from UK 23 part HD YouTube videos, it really pushed me over the edge.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DAVEnLYNNquenby

Buzz2001

CSR has tremendous transportation. Buses are frequent throughout the resort and each village has their own covered bus stop.

Travel Times to the Parks
# Hollywood Studios - Bus Stop 6 (1st stop) - 6 min ride once leaving resort
# AK - Bus Stop 8 (middle) - 6 min ride once leaving resort
# MK - Bus Stop 10 (1st) - 10 min ride once leaving resort
# Epcot - Bus Stop 7 (2nd) - 7 min ride once leaving resort
# BB - Bus Stop 6 (middle) - 3 min ride once leaving resort

With free dining, I believe it is worth it. Where else can you get a rib eye steak as part of counter service credit.

Check out my website below.

Upvote 0

mickey7879

I have only stayed at CS once and we rented a car, so never took the buses. We weren't too crazy about the resort, but maybe just didn't give it a good chance. Seemed so spread out to us, didn't care for the food court set up and didn't think the pool was all it was hyped up to be. We did bring back our little souvenir after leaving there, so it wasn't all bad!

All that being said, I'd stay there again in a heartbeat over a value resort. We've stayed I think 3 times in a value and although our time there wasn't bad, the service and attention that you get at a moderate was much better to us. Any bus system has got to be better than the value resorts. I'd stay where you are. I'd pick this resort any day over a packed full value with full buses anyday! Just my 2 cents worth!

Upvote 0

FrogFrog

Just got back from staying at Coronado Springs for 8 days. I requested an updated room and that is exactly what I got. My wife and I both thought the resort was beautiful. The transportation from the resort to the parks and Downtown Disney were very good. We never waited more than 15 minutes for a bus and it was usually in the 5 minute neighborhood if we had to wait at all. We were in Casitas 5 and the only downside was how far it was away to the food court and front desk. We bought the refillable mugs which gave us unlimited non-alcoholic drinks from the soda machines and the walk there was not close. (but it also wasn't so far away that I hated it) Really, more of just an inconvenience. There were quite a few people attending the conventions as well as quite a few of the young Brazilians with their tour groups. All in all though, they never bothered us.

Extra Magic Hours in the MORNING was very nice. We were able to ride any ride we wanted between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. at least once, a lot of times twice or three times, and then could even get a fastpass to ride it later if we wanted it. I think Extra Magic Hours in the evening is worthless. There were so many people there that the lines were still 60 minutes or more.

We ate at some fabulous restaurants on the DDP and a couple that I wouldn't recommend. Overall, we had a great trip and look forward to visiting again one day.

Upvote 0
Although the resort itself is beautiful I did not care for it and would not stay there again. I did not care for the food court and thought it was a bit pricey. With that said, the bus service was very good. But then again when I was there it seemed like everyone else was there for the convention so there weren't many park goers to share the busses with. The free dining time may draw a larger crowd than the buy 4 get 3 deal so I can't say for sure but overall the busses were great but I think the busses at Pop are good too. More crowded and you may have to wait to get a seat or just stand but they always seem to keep the busses coming to get the people out of there. Personally I would stay at Pop and save the extra money just because I like the resort better even though most of the time is spent away from the resort.

Upvote 0
I've stayed there before and loved the resort and will be returning on October 23 to 30. The buses when we were there was tremendous, and the best out of the moderates. Hardly ever waited more than 5-10 minutes before we were picked up. As someone else stated, the buses were not crowded since the resort is more conventioners than themepark goers. The pools were so relaxing since there was not many kids at the resort since its more for conventions. My only complaint was I didn't care for the setup of the food court or the fact they automatically put a tip on your bill, which makes it expensive. There is multiple refillable mug stations at the resort, unless this has been changed since my last stay here. One near the food court and one near the main pool, and there might be more I'm not remembering. I think you will like the resort if you give it a chance.

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

You can refill at Cafe Rix, the little beverage window at the entrance to the PM, Laguna bar, and Siestas. CSR is now using the WDW mugs as well. No more resort specific mugs.

Upvote 0

rob_and_kate

I have stayed at Coronado Springs twice and both trips were wonderful. I never had to wait very long for a bus and managed to get a seat on every bus journey. The second trip was during the Easter period and the resort did not feel crowded at all. I have just booked to stay at POFQ for next years trip and I am worried I have made a mistake - Coronado Springs is so beautiful I hope I will like POFQ as much.

Upvote 0

heartodisney

We stayed there on our last trip...it was very nice and quite..busses were good and not much wait...just too long a walk to food courts from our room...luckly..a friend that lives there let us borrow a car...we did have a set back one day...stomach bug..so the car came in handy when we could go get what we needed...but...I will stay somewhere else next...but..good luck!

Upvote 0

Mr Toad

We stayed there in 2007. We did enjoy the non-themed pool near our room over the main pool (b'c it was far less crowded). We thought the food court fare was pretty nice and different. Yeah, it could have been expensve, but we were on the dining plan. We are considering going back there in 2010 or 2011. We will NOT stay at another value resort in the summer again...too many teen tour groups go there.

Upvote 0

mikeb1967

Original Poster
CS dining at CSR

It is pricey but the OP stated he will be on the DDP so thats a none issue. Tip is included as well.

I love the food at the PM! :slurp:

Hello, Are you stating that the 10% automatic tip on the CS meals at the Pepper Market food court is included in the FREE dining plan? Also, is the ribeye steak CS meal only 1 CS credit on the dining plan @ $22.95? Thanks, MikeB

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

Hello, Are you stating that the 10% automatic tip on the CS meals at the Pepper Market food court is included in the FREE dining plan? Also, is the ribeye steak CS meal only 1 CS credit on the dining plan @ $22.95? Thanks, MikeB
Yes, the 10% gratuity is included in the DDP and yes, the rib eye counts as 1 counter service credit. The PM is a great deal on the DDP!!

Upvote 0

DreamAurora

Thanks for the insight Buzz. I just booked our vacation at Coronado with free dining for December and was also curious about the gratuity. I have a feeling it's going to be a wonderful trip :)

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

Thanks for the insight Buzz. I just booked our vacation at Coronado with free dining for December and was also curious about the gratuity. I have a feeling it's going to be a wonderful trip :)
CSR decorates very well for xmas. Check out some pics here.

http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/content/xmas.htm

vrrgjs.jpg

20752qo.jpg

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom