Coronado Questions

Pghdrumr

Original Poster
Hello. First visit to Coronado.

On the check in requests, what is the best location to request? Ranchos, Cabanas, near convention center, or near transportation? My personal hope is to be near the main building, or near the main pool so my kids don't have too far to go.

Is there a mug refill station located in the main pool area, or just in the main building?

Any tips are appreciated.

Lucky

Cabanas is between the "main building" and the "main pool." So that's probably best for you. I don't remember a mug refill at the pool.

SAV

We stayed Cabanas and it was perfect. Close to El' Centro and Dig Site Pool. We also had a quiet pool right near the room.

bigorangeandy

We have stayed in buildings 8A or 8B several times and always enjoyed the location. They are near a bus stop, a few minutes walk to the pool, and a little longer to the main building. We don't use the pool much, so being next to it is not a major issue. We do appreciate a short walk when getting off bus in the evening, so that's how we tend to select our building. CSR is one of our favorite resorts and we always enjoy our visits.

Pghdrumr

Original Poster
I requested Cabanas and a high floor. I got Ranchos on the first floor. lol But we were pleased with the resort overall. Our room location actually worked out good as it was very close to the dig site pool, and my kids loved that!

love disney

Thinking of staying there soon and also have a question. What perks/amenities are there for business class rooms? Do they all get access to the lounge? Anything else? (Disney's website doesn't seem to say.) Thanks

BigRedDad

My preference when staying at CS is to stay near the main pool and close to a bus stop. The reason is all buses stop at the main building. When you want to go to the main building, go to the bus stop, jump on the first bust, and then hop off at the last stop. IMO, CS has the best bus system of all the resorts.

RustyB.

Thinking of staying there soon and also have a question. What perks/amenities are there for business class rooms? Do they all get access to the lounge? Anything else? (Disney's website doesn't seem to say.) Thanks
The business class rooms are nice - we've stayed (family of four) in the BC rooms at CSR for the past two years. The rooms replace the table/two chair arrangement with a desk/chair/table lamp and a lounger type chair. This helped out with having space to set up charging station for tablets, phones, laptop, etc. as there is a power strip on the back edge of the desk. I believe the BC rooms are just slightly larger than the standard rooms as well. The rooms also include a DVD player connected to the flat panel TV. This helped us out one night when the kids were exhausted and we just popped in a Disney movie and ordered room service.

You do get lounge/club access (called Coconino Cove) which is keyed to your MagicBand or cards, and is located in the same Cabana 9B building as the BC rooms themselves. The lounge area has continental breakfast in the mornings, and snacks/appetizers/drinks during the day and evening. My girls got hooked on the super large snickerdoodle and chocolate chip cookies put out in the evenings :)

The BC rooms are a short walk to the pool, a short walk to El Centro/restaurants, and an even shorter walk to the main bus stop at El Centro. I would estimate 3 minutes to the pool, 3 minutes to El Centro, and 30 to 60 seconds to the main bus stop at a normal pace (I'm 6'3" though...so my walking is my kids jogging speed - your mileage may vary).

Ghostdog

I hope it's OK that I piggyback this question on your thread, as we too will be staying at Coronado springs very soon.

We've requested to be in the Rancheros section for our August trip, fingers crossed we get that section. We stayed there when the kids were little and remember liking it. I don't remember the pool bar having food, but have done some research and it seems that they do. This will work great for us since we usually only do a lite breakfast. Can anyone tell me anything about the breakfasts? I really want to avoid the lines at the Pepper Market if at all possible.

Rob562

Well look at that. Learned something new for my upcoming trip. We're staying one night at Coronado before transferring to Saratoga for a week. If we get our requested location in Cabanas, this will be much more convenient for a quick breakfast on our check-out morning.

Thanks!

-Rob

SteamboatJoe

If its within your budget, request to be in Cabana 9B (Business Class). You get access to private lounge exclusive to business class only which you can get small, free breakfast in the morning and free snacks and drinks in the evening, there is a bridge across the lake directly to the main pool, it is the closest building to the main bus stop (and the last stop before the bus heads to the parks), and a very reasonable walk to El Centro.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom