Corona Attendance.

Will you be visiting WDW while the Mask requirement is still in effect?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

FutureCEO

Supposed to go in May if Florida gets their **** together. I have no problem with masks except I wear glasses so you have a position the masks just right or else everything is foggy.

I wear a mask mowing grass too but I don't wear glasses doing that.

Heppenheimer

Just curios, and I am a believer in wearing a mask, but WHY would you be wearing one to mow the grass? Are you with other people while mowing? I cant imagine a scenario where you are within 6-10 feet of anyone while mowing, Do you wear a mask in the car while driving with the windows up as well?
Dust and debris picked up by the mower, probably. I've seen people wears masks when mowing their lawn for this purpose.

RoadiJeff

I did a 4 day solo trip to WDW 2 weeks ago (two days in the parks). I wanted to experience how things were 20 years ago with low crowds. I did not have an issue with wearing a mask and everyone else I saw walking around was wearing one, too.

Although while walking around, there were noticeably less crowds but lines were a bit longer than I had expected. There were no attractions where I could just walk right up and get on. Shortest line for some of the less popular rides was maybe 10 minute wait. Longest I had to wait anywhere was 45 minutes (Millennium Falcon, Tower of Terror). I'd do it again if I had the time off.

20200919_124345.jpg

Wait, come back! I just now checked thread & someone said FriendShip boats not running. When we made reservations I specifically asked CM & he said they are. (?) Visit is end of October.

HkPro

The mask requirements are a plus for me. I would rather visit WDW right now with masks than no masks. I'm a teacher's aide in MA and we've been back to school for a month, in masks for 7 hours a day. We've had 100% compliance and no complaints. I mean the heat of Fl in summer would probably make it more uncomfortable for sure, but I would go any other time of the year.

The reasons I'm not returning yet have more to do with wanting the full dining plan, park hopping, and rides open before I spend that kind of money.

EngineerMom

We are planning on going in April 2021 and if we have to wear masks so be it. (last spring break before my son goes to college)

We are debating EARLY December since my son has online school and we could make it work. I know there are crowds for the holidays but hoping EARLY December won't be bad.

Just a Spark!

Yes. Have already been (late Aug) and will be going back (Nov). This is NOT a mask debate post, just an explanation of why we chose to go. 😀😀😀We felt safer at WDW than anywhere else we’ve been in our home state, because WDW set clear rules/expectations and made efforts to enforce them. I saw CMs from maintenance to VIP guides reminding guests to wear their masks properly and maintain distance. (The majority of the guests didn’t need the reminders). 😷 We have a mask mandate in our state for indoors, but there are exceptions for medical needs and children. As well, masks are NOT required outdoors if social distancing can be maintained. It leaves a lot for interpretation....which makes me feel not-so-safe.

Parker in NYC

Yes. Have already been (late Aug) and will be going back (Nov). This is NOT a mask debate post, just an explanation of why we chose to go. 😀😀😀We felt safer at WDW than anywhere else we’ve been in our home state, because WDW set clear rules/expectations and made efforts to enforce them. I saw CMs from maintenance to VIP guides reminding guests to wear their masks properly and maintain distance. (The majority of the guests didn’t need the reminders). 😷 We have a mask mandate in our state for indoors, but there are exceptions for medical needs and children. As well, masks are NOT required outdoors if social distancing can be maintained. It leaves a lot for interpretation....which makes me feel not-so-safe.
My thoughts exactly. I wish I could just teleport there!

aliceismad

The masks don't deter me. My 6 year old has to wear a mask all day every day at school and is (now) completely comfortable with it. We've done day-long outings to the zoo, etc., while wearing our masks, although admittedly not in the type of humidity that is Orlando.

But Disney is still out for me right now because we see numbers rising again. I am risk-averse because my immune system sucks. We've cancelled two (non-Disney) vacations this spring and summer, so I'm hoping Disney is a go for us next fall. I'm really glad others are enjoying their Disney experiences and are staying healthy.

Last edited:

MrsPrice96

In the Parks
No
The masks didn't deter us. We went a week and a half ago. We actually ended up leaving early due to the crowds now being so much higher especially in MK. If the line was long enough to be past any ground markings people did not stay 6 feet away. Some people were paying attention where they were in line and others just did whatever. I only saw a few people not properly wearing masks. We are scheduled to return end of May by hubby says not unless their is a vaccine so we shall see.

pixie225

We were to be in Disney this past May - cancelled to August - cancelled to last week(Oct.) - cancelled to May 2021. At this point in time we just want to go somewhere. With 40 states on NY 14 day quarentine list this is a problem. If things (vaccine/covid magically disappearing) haven't cleared up by next May I think we will just bite the bullet and go - with masks on, gloves on, hand sanitizer and lysol wipes in hand. Have to get back to some semblence of "normal" travel life for us, and Disney seems like a good place to begin.

NickMaio

I voted no but not because of the mask factor but the covid-19 in general. It is getting worse folks! I live in a small town in TN and the covid #'s have risen dramatically. The covid ward in our local hospital is full and closed to new patients and they are referring them to other close by hospitals.

It is just like they predicted that the fall/winter season will get worse along with the flu season!
It's sad, but it did not take a genius to see this coming.
There are still people who are not taking it seriously, even from the start.

wendysue

We've had a large spike in our area and I see it's the same in Florida, so we canceled last night for our early November trip. Maybe next year...

NelleBelle

My kids were doing distance learning earlier this school year and after lots of begging and looking at our city's/county's numbers, we felt safe sending them back (small private school with a tremendous amount of safety precautions in place). Now my mom says they've reopened all the covid wards at her hospital. She took care of a patient that tested positive and they only found out because it's policy to test prior to admitting from the ER--he was there not for covid symptoms but because of surgical complications from earlier in the week. He was in his 30s. So now my mom is self-quarantining herself away from us despite the fact that she was wearing all her PPE and will still return to work, just to make sure she doesn't pass anything to us. Makes me so upset that I can't get her to retire NOW when she herself is at HIGH risk. Numbers are as high as they were back in the summer and DH read that only 49% of population regularly wears a mask when going out in public 🤦‍♀️

Very glad that we decided against taking any trips this fall/winter and when it comes time to book airfare for next April, we are definitely booking trip insurance. Normally I'd book our park passes through a 3rd party vendor (through DHs employer to get a discount) but this time will book directly with Disney to ensure that if anything goes wrong with the trip, we won't lose our tickets.

mergatroid

Nope, no way. We have taken some beach and family visit vacations this year and experienced having to wear masks everytime we go out, go to museums, etc. It was awful and no way I am paying the big $$$ for any vacation that still requires masks. Even our anniversary trip to Hawaii is on hold until the islands are back to normal.

We have friends who have gone to WDW with masks and enjoyed it, so I understand there will be different answers to this question. I'm not condemning those who would go, but my wife and I are in agreement that we will not.

That's the correct answer. What one person fancies doing and finds acceptable, another one may not. There's no right or wrong answer, just what's right for each individual.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom