Corona Attendance.

Will you be visiting WDW while the Mask requirement is still in effect?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I hope this isnt construed as controversial, it's all IMO. We just made reservations end of October at Yacht Club. Never stayed their, we're Boardwalk ers, but we like the boats to epcot & HS. Not happy about masks, constricted dining & entertainment, but we've been "quarantined & distanced" for nearly 8 months & from what we've seen this way of life is not sustainable for the economy, society, the country, our future. We grew up with polio--highly contagious, attacking children. Who remembers the rows of iron lungs, the fear? Risk-benefit analyses are personal decisions. We'll wear our masks, wash our hands, appreciate that things change & be grateful for a vacation & the opportunity to make that choice. Again, one man's opinion.

BASS

At this point, I am not interested in traveling to Disney, not so much because of the masks but because of the risk-analysis. That said, the longer this extends, the more likely I will consider doing it because at some point we have to attempt to return to normalcy, even if that means masks in the parks. I'm kind of looking at next year around this time as the next time I'd like to go. As South Floridians, Disney has always been a vacation (or two or three) each year so I want to ensure I keep that tradition going. (My kids are dying to go!)

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I hope this isnt construed as controversial, it's all IMO. We just made reservations end of October at Yacht Club. Never stayed their, we're Boardwalk ers, but we like the boats to epcot & HS. Not happy about masks, constricted dining & entertainment, but we've been "quarantined & distanced" for nearly 8 months & from what we've seen this way of life is not sustainable for the economy, society, the country, our future. We grew up with polio--highly contagious, attacking children. Who remembers the rows of iron lungs, the fear? Risk-benefit analyses are personal decisions. We'll wear our masks, wash our hands, appreciate that things change & be grateful for a vacation & the opportunity to make that choice. Again, one man's opinion.

I grew up with lots of really nice stuff like Polio, Rubella, Chicken Pox, regular Measles, etc. with most not having an available vaccine so how I and my wife deal with basic sanitation and crowd exposure are quite different than someone born in the '70s and later.

thomas998

I have experienced mowing my lawn while wearing a mask in the summer when it is hot and humid. It was miserable and it only take about 90 minutes to mow my lawn. There is simply no way I'm going to go to a place where I have to were a mask for hours all day in the heat. Not comfortable and nothing would make it comfortable. For that reason along I wouldn't do it whether I thought the mask was helping me or not.

thomas998

Funny you bring up polio since it is one of those diseases which doesn't really impact that many people that get it, I think the number that suffer any type of paralysis is about 1/2% and only a 1/10 of those die... So in a way it is similar to the current virus.... not that bad for the vast majority that get it but for whatever reason today we've had a panic where the generation in the past pretty much had dread of it but didn't let it force them to stop living.

Heppenheimer

Funny you bring up polio since it is one of those diseases which doesn't really impact that many people that get it, I think the number that suffer any type of paralysis is about 1/2% and only a 1/10 of those die... So in a way it is similar to the current virus.... not that bad for the vast majority that get it but for whatever reason today we've had a panic where the generation in the past pretty much had dread of it but didn't let it force them to stop living.
Not true at all. My grandparents told me about whole neighborhoods going on quarantine if a poliomyelitis case was reported in the area. The only reason why shut-downs were not more widespread is that ability to travel was much more restricted at the time, which limited the spread of the disease to mostly localized outbreaks.

Same thing if someone in town came down with smallpox.

HarperRose

I don't think the Friendship boats are running right now. Can someone confirm?

thomas998

Not true at all. My grandparents told me about whole neighborhoods going on quarantine if a poliomyelitis case was reported in the area. The only reason why shut-downs were not more widespread is that ability to travel was much more restricted at the time, which limited the spread of the disease to mostly localized outbreaks.

Same thing if someone in town came down with smallpox.
Maybe where your grandparents lived, but that wasn't the way everyone lived. My parents grew up before there was a vaccine and they never had quarantines during the summers which is when it spiked. I even have a cousin that still suffers from partial paralysis from polio so I know it was around where my family grew up. I have no doubt there were people overreacting in the past... only now we seem to have a much greater number running around like Chicken Little.

MissViv

I voted no but not because of the mask factor but the covid-19 in general. It is getting worse folks! I live in a small town in TN and the covid #'s have risen dramatically. The covid ward in our local hospital is full and closed to new patients and they are referring them to other close by hospitals.

It is just like they predicted that the fall/winter season will get worse along with the flu season!

Miss Bella

Your question is a bit different to the thread title.

Some people won't attend due to masks.
Others won't attend as they don't want to be close to other people.
Many won't attend due to the lack of fireworks, shows and parades.
Some want character meets.
The short hours will put off some people.

I think there are more factors affecting coronavirus attendance than masks.
I thought this was a thread about attendance, but it's another mask debate thread.

MaryJaneP

In the past, didn't they affix big "Quarantine" signs on houses containing sick individuals? Remember when you used to rent movies on VHS and they asked you to "Please be kind and rewind"? Does that translate now into "Don't be an A**, just wear a mask"?

Minnesota disney fan

I can only comment on polio. I was a young child when that hit. There was panic everywhere. My Mom and Dad kept my brother and me quarantined for quite a while. I don't know how long, but we didn't go out of the house at all! Mom said there were some kids around us who got it. It was not a pretty disease and the pictures of the iron lungs terrified me.

SirWillow

I won't be attending, but it's not because of the masks.

Time and expense are my real factors. If I had both, then reduced hours, entertainment, etc. would be my real decision makers. Wearing masks doesn't bother me.

but I also don't mind waiting until all of this is past and they can start bringing the parks back up to the standards they should be at again. Have to wait and see if that happens.

Dave B

I have experienced mowing my lawn while wearing a mask in the summer when it is hot and humid. It was miserable and it only take about 90 minutes to mow my lawn. There is simply no way I'm going to go to a place where I have to were a mask for hours all day in the heat. Not comfortable and nothing would make it comfortable. For that reason along I wouldn't do it whether I thought the mask was helping me or not.
Just curios, and I am a believer in wearing a mask, but WHY would you be wearing one to mow the grass? Are you with other people while mowing? I cant imagine a scenario where you are within 6-10 feet of anyone while mowing, Do you wear a mask in the car while driving with the windows up as well?

thomas998

Just curios, and I am a believer in wearing a mask, but WHY would you be wearing one to mow the grass? Are you with other people while mowing? I cant imagine a scenario where you are within 6-10 feet of anyone while mowing, Do you wear a mask in the car while driving with the windows up as well?
I wear a mask when I mow because if I don't the dust and other debris from mowing will have me coughing up crud for days. So I'm not wearing a mask for any virus and I was wearing them to mow before the virus even existed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom