Corona Attendance.

Will you be visiting WDW while the Mask requirement is still in effect?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

Smiley/OCD

I answered yes because we're going on our second "Disneymoon" in December...I'm really NOT looking forward to having to wear a mask...but I have a friend who went with his Mom about 2 months ago...they were able to ride several E-tickets multiple times without even getting off. I'm going to try to make the best of it. My DW got a deal at the GF that we just couldn't refuse for the week. We've never stayed at a deluxe resort (too "frou-frou" for me), no parades, FP, fireworks, DDP, limited restaurants and no reservations (during our original DM in '93, we "flew by the seat of our pants"...it was a fun adventure because we didn't know any better...now, 27 years later, I feel a little too old to do the same), park hopper and reduced hours...I'm just hoping that the lower crowds will make up for the other "perks" we're giving up...we'll see...It will either be one of the best trips or an utter cluster****. Only time will tell...as a NY Jets fan, I'm accustomed to expecting the worst, and hoping for the best.

JIMINYCR

Yes we will. Hoping by the time we go the mask requirement will be lifted but if its still in place it isnt going to be a barrier to us going. It is a minor thing to put up with in able to enjoy the parks and get our Disney trip in. Many others have shown that despite wearing one in the heat an enjoyable time is very doable.

Dave B

I answered yes because we're going on our second "Disneymoon" in December...I'm really NOT looking forward to having to wear a mask...but I have a friend who went with his Mom about 2 months ago...they were able to ride several E-tickets multiple times without even getting off. I'm going to try to make the best of it. My DW got a deal at the GF that we just couldn't refuse for the week. We've never stayed at a deluxe resort (too "frou-frou" for me), no parades, FP, fireworks, DDP, limited restaurants and no reservations (during our original DM in '93, we "flew by the seat of our pants"...it was a fun adventure because we didn't know any better...now, 27 years later, I feel a little too old to do the same), park hopper and reduced hours...I'm just hoping that the lower crowds will make up for the other "perks" we're giving up...we'll see...It will either be one of the best trips or an utter cluster****. Only time will tell...as a NY Jets fan, I'm accustomed to expecting the worst, and hoping for the best.
Just beware, its going to be very busy in December, you probably will not have the same experience as your mom did

AND

Congrats

dmw

In the Parks
No
Nope, no way. We have taken some beach and family visit vacations this year and experienced having to wear masks everytime we go out, go to museums, etc. It was awful and no way I am paying the big $$$ for any vacation that still requires masks. Even our anniversary trip to Hawaii is on hold until the islands are back to normal.

We have friends who have gone to WDW with masks and enjoyed it, so I understand there will be different answers to this question. I'm not condemning those who would go, but my wife and I are in agreement that we will not.

imahistorygeek

We just returned a couple of days ago. We didn't mind wearing the masks, but decided it was just too hot to wear a mask. We will wait to go again when the restriction is lifted.

There was never an instance in our case where we didn't have to get off the ride. The crowd was higher than reported a couple of months ago and there was always someone in line ready to take your seat. The wait times were low compared to normal, but there was still some wait, unless you were riding first thing in the morning.

Still a great trip and nice to experience lower crowds.

ElvisMickey

Yes, but only because I live in Orlando and have an annual pass. Most of my park trips even before the Corona were just a few hours in the morning or in the evening. So a few hours with the mask is tolerable. Would I spend money to travel here from out of state, pay for a hotel, and deal with the current restrictions? Definitely not.

JohnD

Going in 20 days. I'm still getting used to wearing them for an extended period of time. Was at a class wearing a mask at my church for two hours last night and the bands around my ears were already annoying me. For me, it's less to do with the temperature -- it's already getting cooler but the comfort or discomfort of wearing it. Will have to get used to wearing them the entire day, with the exception of eating/drinking or taking it off in the mask-free zone.

Minnesota disney fan

I voted no, but not just because of the masks. If we only wanted to ride as many rides as we could in a day, then that might be different. And that's a great perk for people who love that right now, I get it.
But, for US, we enjoy the shows, eating in various restaurants with a full menu, and park hopping whenever we want to. That's a big part of our disney trip, so when that comes back, then we will be back.

chimchimcheree

I put no, but only because I've cancelled all vacations/non-essential travel until a vaccine is widely available. One of my friends is one of those covid long-haulers (she was still reporting symptoms 40 days after diagnosis). She caught the virus back in March and is still suffering respiratory issues. Another one of my friends has lost two family members. So, for me (and for my family), it's not the masks or the closures--it's the acceptable risk threshold. Too many high-contact surfaces, too many points of transmission, etc. It's the same reason why my family would not go during the fall/winter without a flu shot before.

StarshipDisney

I voted no. I'll keep making a reservation every year but until things can get more back to normal, Disney to us is just not worth the cost of going (not to mention the COVID risk of traveling). Contemporary actually had an 8% price increase from Sept 2020 to Sep 2021. But unless the situation changes and Disney can come back some, any price increase hardly matches the situation.

I hate to say it, but I know we won't go back until COVID is well under control and Disney is more than a shadow of what it was before all this started.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Probably not with the kids (we have four kids between 2 and 9 years and while the older two would be okay, it would be tough to do a full day with the younger kids). If finances strike right, the wife and I might...

Jon81uk

Your question is a bit different to the thread title.

Some people won't attend due to masks.
Others won't attend as they don't want to be close to other people.
Many won't attend due to the lack of fireworks, shows and parades.
Some want character meets.
The short hours will put off some people.

I think there are more factors affecting coronavirus attendance than masks.

Mr Starky

Original Poster
Your question is a bit different to the thread title.

Some people won't attend due to masks.
Others won't attend as they don't want to be close to other people.
Many won't attend due to the lack of fireworks, shows and parades.
Some want character meets.
The short hours will put off some people.

I think there are more factors affecting coronavirus attendance than masks.
Oh no. I agree. I was specifically asking about the masks only. Regardless of other factors. But your point is taken.

Mickey5150

I'm undecided but only because I don't know what the mask policy will be the next time I go. Planning a 2021 fall trip so if I need to wear a mask, I will.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom