COP refurb

imagineer boy

I was just thinking about COP voices the other day. No way would I change the voices. The voices are classic jean shepherd the narrarator in COP was the writer and narrator for Chirstmas Story. Sadly he is no longer with us.

I'd like to keep Jean Shepherd too. Perhaps they could hire a voice impersonator to insert a few lines in seemlessly here and there.

I like the idea of having a little back story with the Tomorrowland Metro Retro historical society to explain why CoP is in Tomorrowland.

There is one problem with Cop though. Scene 3 is set in the 50s/60s but then it makes a HUGE time jump to the not-so-distant future. I think some rearranging is in order. The first scene could be turn-of-the centure, second could be 50s, third could be the 80s/90s, and last would be not-too-distant future.

Tim G

After all it's a Tomorrowland ride... :rolleyes:

Nowing this management, They'll Probably renaming it into C.O.P

(Caroussel Of Pixar) :mad:

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Errr... It wasn't my idea...
This bad joke came from "them"...
*Puts 'them' in the corner for their bad behavior*

ANGRY.gif

Kontra

COP needs to be restored back to the way is was originally presented. To evenly distribute the scenes with the eras leading up to present-day, you would have to completely re-build all of the scenes. I wouldn't want to see any of the first 4 scenes negated just to make the attraction more balanced with the 80's through the 00's. This attraction should be restored to represent one century and one century only. You can't keep adding to this ride system for the future, it was never meant to evolve as much as it has. I love this attraction, but it has already lived at its peak and should never try to be any more. Keep it working as is or take it back to its hay-day. There are other outlets to advance this concept of innovation, but I'm afraid COP isn't one of them.

Animaniac93-98

Considering what touch ups have already taken place for the first 3 scenes, I think it's unrealistic to assume that anything major would happen to them (besides say, changing the voices). I believe that if anything were done, it would involve the last scene (which hasn't had anything done to it) and possibly the intro and conclusion.

I'm more curious about when and how long this refurb would take place. Only then could I more accurately judge the work done to it. (would it require more than a month?)

Expo_Seeker40

the money is there, but depending on how WDW does with economy, if money has to be taken out of the refurb budget, we won't get as much as we wanted, ala Space Mtn, but still we will get something

what is needed is a new scene, new voices to record new dialogue, anything else is added fluff

Thunder Fan

Any timeframe on the COP refurb? I love the COP but woul dnot mind seeing some updates.

How about Walter Cronkite doing the voice of the father?

Expo_Seeker40

Whoa Walter Cronkite is old :zipit: really....r e a l l y old:dazzle:

As for the refurb....late 09 early '10 depends on the economy and the budget

thats it :cry:

EPCOT Explorer

After all it's a Tomorrowland ride... :rolleyes:

Nowing this management, They'll Probably renaming it into C.O.P

(Caroussel Of Pixar) :mad:
:fork:

:lol:

the money is there, but depending on how WDW does with economy, if money has to be taken out of the refurb budget, we won't get as much as we wanted, ala Space Mtn, but still we will get something

what is needed is a new scene, new voices to record new dialogue, anything else is added fluff
Right...Although it would be odd to have new voices, I think it's the only way at this point.

Expo_Seeker40

I must be the only one that doesn't enjoy listening to Jean Shephard as the father, let alone I don't like the current version of the ride. :eek:

*runs away from all the haters* :lookaroun

Expo_Seeker40

Now is the Time was hokey....and yet in todays troubling times, I much rather by a GE microwave now than tomorrow

I prefer the more elegant band and orchestra playing beautiful tomorrow in the background and rex allen and his great voice take us on a journey through time

but no, I get Jean Shephard who sounds like he has a sore throat, and I hear what sound like an old man and woman whispering in the background "there's a great big beautiful tomorrow" as the theater clicks and turns into a banjo playing 1890s funky fest.

They need to bring some granduer back to the ride.

One reason people find it so boring is the lack of music and sound, its very bare and quite a dry show.....father is really stupid in this version and he secretely hates his wife. :zipit:

Animaniac93-98

Well in the old version the wife hated the husband ("yes, dear...")

I actually like the first 3/4 of the current version.

Maybe they should just replace the whole thing with America Sings :D (it's better than Pixar!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom