Coolest Job Thread

Aladdin?

Original Poster
Alright, this is a question posed to all veteran CS's .

Which of you have been given really cool jobs? Or just ones that you you had alot of fun doing?

I've been slected for operations...I havent been told exactly what Im doing yet, and I just wanna see what you guys have gotten...

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I worked at Downtown Disney as a CP'er and got to work at Cirque Du Soleil (in the box office) which was a dream job for me!! I LOVE CIRQUE!!!

DisneySaint

It's gonna kill me if I get accepted because I'll know what category I'm doing but I won't know the role until August! :brick:

I, of course, haven't actually done my job yet, seeing as how I don't start until August...but I've talked to several people who did Custodial, and they (surprisingly...) said that they LOVED it. I'm excited :D

Aladdin?

Original Poster
I know, its crazy when you don't know exactly what your doing.

I went to a presentation, and had my interview with the recruiter there. When asked I opted for a "High Spiel" Operations job. (High Spiel meaning lots of talking). Yea...I got an operations job, but its killing me not knowing exactly what im doing!

DisneySaint

See I want a high spiel job, too, but I never got a chance to express where I had interest or nothing. The CP must be so nice for Disney because its cheap labor putting you wherever they need someone and there's not much you can do about it.

Aladdin?

Original Poster
Yea...I was so adament about getting an operations job...He just asked me, very nonchalantly...Talked about the Skipper for Jungle Cruise, or the Great Movie Ride...

Im trying not to get my hopes up, but if its either of those... :)

DisneySaint

I'm like you: I love to talk and the prospect of being able to interact with guests on a daily basis really excites me. The Jungle Cruise would be neat, but to me the repeated jokes would get old. At least on the Great Movie Ride you don't have to say as many jokes but instead your job becomes selling the show. I've had some HORRIBLE CM's host me on the GMR, so I would love to get that position. I know I'd get bored of the ride and spiel fast, but at the very least I'd like to believe I'd still sell the show as good the 500th time as the 1st time.

Aladdin?

Original Poster
Yes..exactly..I know what you mean... I was trying to think of more high spiel jobs... I dont know of many. Maybe Im thinking to narrow here?

I get what you mean, how they both would get boring. So does everything if you do it to much.

I mean, I think just thew general atmosphere of the place would keep me enlivened. Thats whatI hope at least.

DisneySaint

I was trying to think of some too. Here's what I can think of off the top of my head that have "heavy" spiels:

Kilamanjaro Safaris
Great Movie Ride
Jungle Cruise
Living with the Land
Backlot Tour

The only one of those I REALLY would love to do is GMR.

Aladdin?

Original Poster
Im trying to not get my hopes up about anything..

Im sure that whatever I do, i will enjoy it.

I t'll be worth it...

I really wish I could be a pirate in some way...Or just a guy working in the Haunted Mansion/Tower of Terror

MagliteL13

Aladdin? said:
Im trying to not get my hopes up about anything..

Im sure that whatever I do, i will enjoy it.

I t'll be worth it...

I really wish I could be a pirate in some way...Or just a guy working in the Haunted Mansion/Tower of Terror

Jungle is such an amazing attraction to work at! Some of the jokes get a little old, so ya gotta keep it new. If it's new for you, it's new for the guests. Plus, it's not like the guests sit silent on the attraction sometimes. There are hecklers and other situations. The boats have a mind of their own (some work better than others, after you've pulled the trigger some guns wait to fire until you're rounding the bend to the natives). Working at Load, you still have to keep the theme alive and come up with corny stuff, same at unload. You can take a skipper outta the jungle, but you can't take the jungle outta the skipper.

I'm not really sure if I could handle something like GMR or Safaris. From what I've heard, it's very word specific--as in knowing the speil word for word. Jungle's a bit different as the speil says to make it your own. (In fancy Disney terms, of course.)

Here's somethin to consider...Why not work Jungle, Mansion, and Pirates? They're all the same area. As a CP, you'd get stuck with just one, but could possibly cross train if you stayed in the area.

Ad/Lib Attractions: Jungle Cruise, PotC, HM, Riverboat, Hall of Presidents, ATT (Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Tiki, Swiss Family Treehouse), and of course Liberty Square Parade Audience Control.

Aladdin?

Original Poster
No..I belive they meant that you could be cross-trained for other attrctions in your area... like you could operate pirates and sometimes be a skipper on the jungle cruise..

MagliteL13

Aladdin? said:
No..I belive they meant that you could be cross-trained for other attrctions in your area... like you could operate pirates and sometimes be a skipper on the jungle cruise..

Well, kinda. As a CP you'll only get one attraction. If you end up staying in Orlando going part time or full time after your college program you can put in to be cross trained.

There aren't a whole lot of people in Ad/Lib that are trained at all the attractions in the area.

I was gonna say that another high speiling operations role is......Parking. Speiling to guests to and from the destinations on the parking tram.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom