Cool Stuff Backstage as seen from Google

Monorail_Red_77

Original Poster
Here is a google map capture that shows some updates done to the wastewater treatment plant at WDW. Located off Bear Island Rd. Looks like two new settling tanks were constructed. I know these pics are not that current. They are lo cated in the red oval.

waste.jpg

Monorail_Red_77

Original Poster
Found a new backstage area today. Was looking for the main Disney Transport Bus Lot. I know the refuling station is located behind the Hess gas station at Magic Kingdom area. However, I was looking for the maintenance / overnight parking area. Tada! I found it. It is located across the street from the wastewater treatment plant and adjacent to the recycling plant. Located in the red oval is where the busses are stored and the two buildings are the maintenance areas. Below the red oval is the recycling plant.
bus depot.jpg

Also you can see a massive amount of new tires too. Located in the zoom image you can see the tires in the red ovals. There are also two articulated buses located in the blue oval.
bus depot zoom.jpg

This area is located directly north of Animal Kingdom park on the north side of Western Way.

Monorail_Red_77

Original Poster
also, found a new backstage area today. Was looking for the main Disney Transport Bus Lot. I know the refuling station is located behind the Hess gas station at Magic Kingdom area. Howwever, I was looking for the maintenance / overnight parking area. Tada! I found it. It is located across the street from the wastewater treatment plant and adjacent to the recycling plant. Locate int he red oval is where the busses are stored and the building is the maintenance area.
View attachment 88222

Also you can see a massive amount of new tires too. Located in the zoom image you can see the tires in the red ovals. There are also two articulated busses located in the blue oval.
View attachment 88227

This area is located directly north of Animal Kingdom park on the north side of Western Way.

On Wikipedia for Disney Transport. They had a majorly wrong address for the Bus Depot. (as usual for wiki)

Monorail_Red_77

Original Poster
Here's the second location of Disney Employee on-site housing. You know, the ones that vote for Reedy Creek (RCID) The other location is located north and east of Magic Kingdom. In the pics below this one is located directly east of Port Orleans Resort.

This image shows that they are right on the property line practically.
Secondary Housing LBV 3.jpg

This image is the same zoom but in satellite mode. The red oval is the housing.
Secondary Housing LBV 2.jpg

Here's a zoom view.
Secondary Housing LBV 1.jpg

Monorail_Red_77

Original Poster
It's right off Bear Island Road, going through the service entrance towards World Drive. It's adjacent to the new property control and cast connection stores.

This is the much nicer of the two. The homes are actually homes.

Yes, that is what I was thinking. This one has a pool. The other only has a basketball court in the sun. :)

Last edited:
Does anyone know what they did with the styracosaurus statue that used to be at the front of countdown to extinction(now dinosaur) ride?! Is it backstage somewhere or did they sell it?!

I know this is like a year later, but the styracosaurus statue is behind KSR. When you go into the Safi River area, there is an access road to your left. That is where the trucks exit to return to the VM. I believe the statue was on the left, right before entering the gate to the road. This was back in 2011 though, so I could be wrong or it could have moved.

P_Radden

Here's the second location of Disney Employee on-site housing. You know, the ones that vote for Reedy Creek (RCID) The other location is located north and east of Magic Kingdom. In the pics below this one is located directly east of Port Orleans Resort.

Any idea what the industrial areas to the west and south west of those houses are?

industrial1.jpg

industrial2.jpg

Monorail_Red_77

Original Poster
Any idea what the industrial areas to the west and south west of those houses are?

View attachment 91872
View attachment 91873

The first pic is a backstage area in front of the Port Orlean's Resort (across the road). Not sure what they do there though. Looks like it is for CM's that work Port Orleans, maybe some textile services ops too (Laundry Services) likely a distribution point for Textile Services. Not the main Laundry Center. It is located off Reams Rd.;)

The second pic is a backstage are that works with the boats that run along the river area of Port Orleans. It is also the backstage area for Saratoga Springs too. Possibly maintenance ops, etc. Looks like they deal with vehicle maint also, based on the trash dumpster full of old tires. also looks like towards the top of the pic to the right they have some composting areas too.;)

Last edited:

P_Radden

wow, this is actually a really fun time killer here at work...

These are from 2015, looks like some upscale residential..

This area is east of Wilderness Lodge, north of POR and on the eastern side of the property near the golf course.

res1.jpg
res2.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, this area is within WDW. Anyone have details on these mansions?

I do see paths for golf carts, so I'm thinking this is just a gated golf course community in development

EDIT: Golden Oak Community... homes starting at 1.8 mil

Last edited:

jaklgreen

wow, this is actually a really fun time killer here at work...

These are from 2015, looks like some upscale residential..

This area is east of Wilderness Lodge, north of POR and on the eastern side of the property near the golf course.

View attachment 91890 View attachment 91891

If I'm not mistaken, this area is within WDW. Anyone have details on these mansions?

I do see paths for golf carts, so I'm thinking this is just a gated golf course community in development

Looks like Golden Oaks. I would love to live there. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom