Convince me to ride TOT!

raven

Simple. Ride it simply to see Disney Magic at it's best. The visual effects alone are enough of a reason to ride it. You don't want to miss out on something just because it has a tiny drop at the end...:lol: . Just kidding. But you will love it!

Valawen9

I rode ToT for the first time in October of last year and I absolutely hated it. Everyone told me, "Oh you'll love it...its so much fun...blah blah blah". HA! I was a nervous wreck waiting in line, and then when we actually got on the ride I didn't stop screaming during the entire drop sequence. When it was finally over I couldn't stop shaking and I could not wait to get outta there.

My bf's making me ride it again on his birthday. Looking forward to it. :rolleyes:

Maybe the second time around won't be so bad now that I know what its like and I know what to expect. I think that might've been what made it so bad for me the first time. I didn't know what to expect at all.

But try it out...you might like it. I've had a few friends who are scared of drops too and they ended up loving it.

gibson12

I don't actually think the Tower of Terror is as layered an experience as some people make it out to be. Guidebooks describe it as "incredibly detailed," but I actually thought it was fairly abbreviated. I would have liked more story working up to the fall. As it is, I don't think there's much more to it than the drop. I get as scared as anyone about the intense thrill rides, but this one is manageable and once you'e done it and have a sense of what's coming, it starts to get more fun. Kind of like the drop at Splash Mountain--the first time I rode, I just worried about the drop and didn't appreciate the detail, which I think SM is rich in.

DisneyDancer312

I myself have never been on the tower in all my trips to WDW. i think i may set the record for being in line and getting out. i dont know what it is but i need some convincing myself. but come july im facing my fear and you should too! :shrug: :eek:

ToTBellHop

oh how I love the Tower of Terror. Best ride on the planet, hands-down. You haven't lived til you've ridden. Walt Disney Imagineering at it's best.

doop

I think if you handled RnRc you can handle ToT, although it really depends whether you can stand the feeling of freefall or not. Plus it is my favorite ride in wdw, it's absolutely incredible.

wdwforus

I am not a big roller coaster rider, they mess my head up but, I have done most at least once and will do Everest when we go in June. I will not do Mission Space again, ever. BUT I loved TOT!!!!!! You just cant recreate that feeling of it. You should at least do it once and if you dont like it then you can say its from experience and not because your a whimp.

gettingsmaller

Man, stop fretting over it and ride. ENJOY the waiting... the anticipation... the old dusty lobby... the preshow complete with thunderstorm... the really cool ghosts and starfield... and, of course, the drops.

Far 'scarier' for me is the Superman Tower of Power ride at Six Flags Over Texas. 325 feet with your feet dangling and nothing blocking your view to show you just how high you are. Nothing like shooting skyward, having your seat stop, and your body keep going (until your shoulder restraints stop your ascent). Boy, is it awesome--and my fear of heights makes it even more exciting.

ANYWAY, my point is that ToT is not bad at all. It would be worse (for me) if you got to see how high you were going, but you just get that short view at the top. Enjoy all the work that DIS has put into it--and enjoy the smoothness of that drop/stop/climb/drop. It's so smooth that--as a first time rider--I couldn't tell when we stopped going down and when we started going up (you have the extra g's of deceleration when it's stopping your fall, and then you have extra g's of acceleration when it's launching you up again). It's really cool because you feel like it's just stopping you from falling and the next thing you know you're looking out of the top again.

Well, needless to say, I like the ToT. In my pre-kid days, my wife and I went to DIS (1998) and you could pretty much walk into the preshow before you had to wait in a line. We went out and right back in at least a couple of times...

Glasgow

The andrenaline that courses through your veins whilst waiting for the impending, imminent drop is something that can not be missed ... to reiterate another post, Disney Imagineering at it's finest.

Vernonpush

Well, I have always felt sick on regular elevators. My friends said that I had to try ToT just once for the visuals. I did. Now I can ride in regular elevators without feeling faint. Somehow, Disney imagineering has cured me of the feeling of Vertigo. I think that it has to do with the fact that you're falling faster than "free fall". I still have a fear of heights ( on a ladder taller than 16'). But I am no longer afraid of elevators:lol: .

Yanks07

The secret is to sit on the inside where there is an x-tra bar to hold on to. After 30 or so rides, my kids just got me to let go and put my hands up.(well, not all the way up). Have Fun! :eek:

eagles

oh my i so needed this.

i must be one of the biggest whimps! lol i have a problem going on dumbo because of my fear of heights. i am trying to talk myself into going on a couple of thrill rides. the major one for me will be soarin.

bcampione

It is all anticipation and hype. The ride is a great ride for the fact that the story is awesome and it is exhillarating by disney standards. If you have ever been on a drop ride like a PowerTower, or different, those are way more intense. TOT is not intense - it seriously is just exciting and a whole lot of fun!:sohappy:

Tom Morrow

oh my i so needed this.

i must be one of the biggest whimps! lol i have a problem going on dumbo because of my fear of heights. i am trying to talk myself into going on a couple of thrill rides. the major one for me will be soarin.
Don't worry about Soarin' - its very calm and relaxing. It'll be a good one to start with.

d'Isigny

it's in the dark...

I rode t of t for the first time this fall. My son was determind to get me on it. I hate hights. The preshow was great. When the ride went into the elevator portion you could feel the temperature change from cool indoors to the heat of outside I just closed my eyes. It was good. I will likely go on again. But I won't be opening my eye :)

kucarachi

TOT top reasons to ride

5. Its especially fun to drink a lot of soda before you ride and you can feel it swooshing around.
4. You are weightless for a few seconds...and if your on a diet i would use that time to weigh myself for jenny craig.
3. Its fun to tell little kids that if they are bad on the ride the operator unlocks the seat belt and they end up stuck to the ceiling with velcro.
2. If you've ever visited or lived in the real hollywood, this elevator isnt half as scary as riding one with LA gang bangers or even worse record executives.
1. Top reason you should ride is because you really do fly! In that small window you know what superman, underdog, and peter pan really feel like....minus the pixie dust!

chels26

i didnt read what any one else wrote but, you NEED to ride this ride! I hesitated my self at riding this for several years, then in 2004 i rode it for the first time. As "baby-ish" as this sounds, i made sure i sat by my mom(lol). But really, its not scary at all. I am not going to lie, I am scared of the haunted mansion(dont ask) but not one thing on the ToT scares me. And, when the drops come, its the coolest thing i have ever experienced in my LIFE! Its now my favorite ride. you HAVE to ride it!!

DisneyChik17

I am scared of the haunted mansion

When I was 8 my mom had to DRAG me on, litterally. I was crying, screaming, and standing my ground as hard as possible. Everyone must have thought something awful about me. LOL!

Ride ToT! It is so much fun. Nothing is scary and you are quite secure. If all else fails, close your eyes and smile/scream.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom