conversely the least favorite WDW smell

LUVofDIS

Not dinged for not liking smoke smell. Just that smoking section here at the the MK along side the castle was removed February 27 2015.

We stayed at the beginning of a trip at Pop this year. Where did you stay that there was a smoking section beneath rooms? Never saw that. Our room didn't have windows that opened so no issues there.

That's good, I have avoided that area since 2013 because I thought it was still a smoking area. Thanks for the info.
I will have to look for our room number, I ill try to post it later.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Not dinged for not liking smoke smell. Just that smoking section here at the the MK along side the castle was removed February 27 2015.

We stayed at the beginning of a trip at Pop this year. Where did you stay that there was a smoking section beneath rooms? Never saw that. Our room didn't have windows that opened so no issues there.

We were here in April for a few days and at the end of our trip for 3 days mid-May so maybe things changed too. The smoking sections, only 2 that I recalled were anywhere near a building are tucked away from the buildings in more open areas not under guest rooms. The overwhelming majority are out on the outermost sidewalk by the lake. I'd expect a few of those to leave once the gondola opens up. Disney would likely to take a request for room accommodation away from any designated smoking area but they are pretty easy to avoid at Pop. Generally Disney only accepts one request and doesn't guarantee so you have to kinda prioritize what you want to request, ground floor, lake view, pool view, close to main building, close to gondola or in your case possibly away from smoking areas.
Hope that helps. :happy:
Annotated-Map-of-Disneys-Pop-Century-Resort-1024x944.jpg

memethyst

speedway smells like gasoline but i actually don't really mind it.
as for smells i hate,
certain monorails [red and blue definitely] smell like hay.
i'm assuming the aforementioned "epcot hallway" was referring to that room where they have a time line of epcot history, because that room smells like rotten dead fish to me.
i haven't been in sge or ittbab in years but i remember hating the hot dog and stink bug smells as much as i hate the figment skunk smell.

LUVofDIS

I can not find the room number. I know I have it somewhere. Anyways, looking at the map, it was the 50's building, 1300 series, looking towards the pool side, on the left hand side of the building.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I can not find the room number. I know I have it somewhere. Anyways, looking at the map, it was the 50's building, 1300 series, looking towards the pool side, on the left hand side of the building.

Understand that. Me I need to take a photo of my room number plaque next to door upon arrival. Most resorts have patterns and look pretty much the same so my arrival safety net is room number on phone. Anywho there isn't a smoking section any longer pool side. Only a section entering the 50's that there are sidewalks on both sides to bypass. Guests would have to choose to walk through that smoking section.

The Gentleman in front of myself and DW in the queue for It's A Small World... I think the people behind us were wondering why we were maintaining a 10-step gap at all times. It wasn't the most fragrant 30 minutes of my life I must say 🤢

jaklgreen

I can't walk by the speedway with the overpowering smell of gas, space mountain, and any smoking area since I am allergic to it. People's BO is a given along with perfumes/cologne that a person can smell 10 feet away from the person wearing it.

Driver

standing in line when someone around you breaks wind....silent but deadly :depressed:
Oooohhh this happens on the bus waaaaay to often. The worst is when someone let's go when they are seated in the far back row of the bus. The AC intake is right there and within seconds it very efficiently distributes it through out the whole bus. When this happens I always know the top five suspects! 🤢🤣

Cmdr_Crimson

Peco’s Bills. I can’t compare the smell to anything in particular but to me in does not smell appetizing.
I think it was due to them cooking sauteed mushrooms by the toppings area when they use to sell burgers in Pecos Bill's as this smell is also at Cosmic Rays..

Raineman

1) Vomit. Nice hot vomit wafting up from a poorly aimed at trash can.
I will say, the staff clean up these messes really quick. Still, from time to time, it is there.

2) Poo. Not talking about Winnie. Some people have something super evil lurking inside them. I can handle the poo smell in bathrooms. Normal poo smell. But some folks, boy howdy, smells like evil incarnate. Two parts putrid possum and 1 part swamp rippins.

3) People Stench. Related to poo, but only just barely, hygiene is not only good for you, it is good for those around you. Some people, for various reasons, see fit to get ripe to the point you can almost taste the gigantic foul odor particles they are emitting. Normally, folks just avoid these wandering distributors of disgust, but in a jam packed park, it is tough.
I don’t think I’ve ever encountered the smell of anyone’s regurgitations at WDW, but definitely the other two. And I can’t stop laughing at “swamp rippins” even though I really have no idea what you’re taking about. :D

OG Runner

Okay I have this one, and I think anyone that has run the Disney Marathon will back me up on it.
The sewage treatment plant, behind Animal Kingdom. You come into the area about 13 miles into
the race. It is a smell so bad, you do not forget it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom