Contests On-Hold?

Should the contest be put on hold?

• Yes

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 26 81.3%

• Total voters

pisco

Maybe instead of doing a particual attarction/show/park area we could do some contests with a holiday them.

We could do a halloween theme that is a Disney Halloween theme), the Thanksgiving, Xmas, etc.

This seems like somehting a lot of poeple would want to participate and would be great for getting into the holiday spirit. It is obvious to me that folks are really into Halloween based on all the great avatars we have been seeing lately.

no2apprentice

I've never entered, but always follow the contests. I'd like to add some thoughts...

I like Pisco's idea for a halloween themed contest, and in support of CalDisney, pictures from both resorts would be allowed. That might give an opportunity to some of the left coast...er, excuse me, west coast members to use more of their personal photos.

I also like DisneyCP2000's suggestion of the 100 Years of Magic theme.

I also like the idea of a more "open" contest, where everyone works with the same photo, but does their own theme with it. Talk about a creative challenge.

Here's more thoughts for future consideration. How about a postcard contest, an ad layout contest (something like you would see in a travel magazine), or a "make your own gag ride" contest, where you use an existing ride and make up your own "funny" ride out of it (this one may not work: someone might cry "foul" if their favorite ride is made fun of).

As far as people not having time to do the work, would it be helpful if the contest entry period ran long enough to allow two full weekends during that period? I don't know if it really would, since I've never tried to work on anything (well, I have, just didn't enter it). Those of you who have entered would have a better idea.

Okay, my brains tired. Enough thoughts.

Maria

Originally posted by no2apprentice
I've never entered, but always follow the contests. I'd like to add some thoughts...

I like Pisco's idea for a halloween themed contest, and in support of CalDisney, pictures from both resorts would be allowed. That might give an opportunity to some of the left coast...er, excuse me, west coast members to use more of their personal photos.

I also like DisneyCP2000's suggestion of the 100 Years of Magic theme.

I also like the idea of a more "open" contest, where everyone works with the same photo, but does their own theme with it. Talk about a creative challenge.

Here's more thoughts for future consideration. How about a postcard contest, an ad layout contest (something like you would see in a travel magazine), or a "make your own gag ride" contest, where you use an existing ride and make up your own "funny" ride out of it (this one may not work: someone might cry "foul" if their favorite ride is made fun of).

As far as people not having time to do the work, would it be helpful if the contest entry period ran long enough to allow two full weekends during that period? I don't know if it really would, since I've never tried to work on anything (well, I have, just didn't enter it). Those of you who have entered would have a better idea.

Okay, my brains tired. Enough thoughts.

I agree with you 80%... :lol: I don´t want the contest period to be longer... I think one week is fine. The thread tends to get forgotten even within a week and two weeks might be too long. Besides, I look forward to the results and can´t wait to see the final poll! :animwink:

Goofette

Originally posted by pisco
Maybe instead of doing a particual attarction/show/park area we could do some contests with a holiday them.

We could do a halloween theme that is a Disney Halloween theme), the Thanksgiving, Xmas, etc.

This seems like somehting a lot of poeple would want to participate and would be great for getting into the holiday spirit. It is obvious to me that folks are really into Halloween based on all the great avatars we have been seeing lately.

I for one LOVE!!! this idea. Please oh please do a Disney Halloween theme mousepaper. That would be so great! Plus I really need a good Halloween Background right now....um, not that I would be stealing them or anything :animwink:

DisneyWorldGuru

Originally posted by Maria

I agree with you 80%... :lol: I don´t want the contest period to be longer... I think one week is fine. The thread tends to get forgotten even within a week and two weeks might be too long. Besides, I look forward to the results and can´t wait to see the final poll! :animwink:

I agree with you 100%... :lol:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Originally posted by Goofette

I for one LOVE!!! this idea. Please oh please do a Disney Halloween theme mousepaper. That would be so great! Plus I really need a good Halloween Background right now....um, not that I would be stealing them or anything :animwink:

Cool avatar Goofette!! (Where'd you steal it?) ;) :lol:

pisco

Thanks. I thought it was spooky enough for Halloween and Quidam is my favorite Cirque show ever.

I like your's a lot too CP. It took me quite a while to find the hidden surprise. Once I did, I wasn't sure I caught it right so I downloaded the avatar and opened it in ImageReady. Sure enough, it's haunted! Very cool.

Now I'm ready for Halloween to be over coz I have my next avatar ready to go. :animwink:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Originally posted by pisco
Thanks. I thought it was spooky enough for Halloween and Quidam is my favorite Cirque show ever.

I like your's a lot too CP. It took me quite a while to find the hidden surprise. Once I did, I wasn't sure I caught it right so I downloaded the avatar and opened it in ImageReady. Sure enough, it's haunted! Very cool.

Now I'm ready for Halloween to be over coz I have my next avatar ready to go. :animwink:

Pisco, I think your's would get the award for creepiest, and after your comment about CP2000's I stared at it until I saw it:lol: Very cool!

no2apprentice

Originally posted by Maria

I don´t want the contest period to be longer... I think one week is fine.

I'm sorry, I guess I should have gone into more detail. I agree that two weeks would be too long, but if the contest were announced on a Friday night, and then closed 9 days later on Sunday night, that would only be 2 days more than a week, and allow two full weekends of work time.

But, like I said, the people who have posted entries would have a better idea if that type of time schedule would actually help.

Also...I realize that the schedule for the contests depends on the schedule of MSU and Now, because, after all, they DO have lives outside of this forum. It may be difficult for them to start a contest on a Friday night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom