Should the contest be put on hold?

• Yes

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 26 81.3%

• Total voters

The_CEO

Original Poster
I belive it would be a good idea to put these contests on-hold. I, myself, am busy with school and work and im not able to enter the contests.. It seems after August, everyone started to drop out.. NOT that it isnt a fun idea or project to work on.. But cause were all too busy. School, Work. Either one. I belive these contest should be put on hold for now so we have better out-comes later on in the year..

This last wallpaper contest was pidiful. Great entrys.. But 4?... We used to have over 15 in our wonderful Wdwmagic contests.. Its changed.. I dont see going on since were going to have a whopping 4 ppl enter everytime when it was summer we had 4 or even 5 times as much..

So if you could enter your Yes or No vote to see what we should do.

No im not trying to run this; im just pointing out the issue.

tenchu

I think part of the problem is that a lot of the best suggestions have been done now.

For example, i didn't find the world showcase to be a particularly inspiring subject.

The right subject will bring the entries.

Monorail Lime

I'd participate more but none of the topics have interested me very much. When it comes to Disney World, I have a one track mind! :lol:

The_CEO

Original Poster
Its not really the point that what needs to be seen.. Its the point it seems NOONE has time anymore :(

ACE

Originally posted by the_ceo_at_wdw
Its not really the point that what needs to be seen.. Its the point it seems NOONE has time anymore :(

Who doesn't have the time? You, or all the other folks with the expensive software. Some of us enjoy this even with our basic software. Sorry if our wallpapers aren't up to standards.

I agree with the others, maybe it's the theme. Sorry if the chosen few don't have the time. Maybe that will give some of us with limited resources a chance.

:mad: ACE

The_CEO

Original Poster
Your post has NOTHING to do with my original statement....

I stated that: "I belive it would be a good idea to put these contests on-hold. I, myself, am busy with school and work and im not able to enter the contests.. It seems after August, everyone started to drop out.. NOT that it isnt a fun idea or project to work on.. But cause were all too busy. School, Work. Either one. I belive these contest should be put on hold for now so we have better out-comes later on in the year.. "

It seems noone is entering.. NOt that we have better software and you dont... That doesnt have anything to do with it.. Im sure you do enjoy them.. I do to.. So whats the problem?

The_CEO

Original Poster
Originally posted by acellis_99

I agree with the others, maybe it's the theme. Sorry if the chosen few don't have the time. Maybe that will give some of us with limited resources a chance.

You and all the others your talking about had a week for the WoC one... 4 entrys... ...4... I do think it was the theme but still..

Maria

Ace, you seem to be mad for something others have no guilt about! I´m not sure how much they paid for their programs, but I enjoy seeing what everyone can do. I have no idea which program they use or how much it costs. I admire the imagination and the creativity of each.
I even entered one drawing in paintbrush! I have learned that I could something else with it, but just haven´t been inspired to do it. Thanks to these contests and in general to this forum, I have learned to do many things with my computer that I have no idea of how to do before! I´m not planning to buy an expensive program but I am planning to enter one of these contests one of these days, when I feel imspired. Watch me!
:animwink:

Maria

Originally posted by the_ceo_at_wdw

You and all the others your talking about had a week for the WoC one... 4 entrys... ...4... I do think it was the theme but still..

I think it was probably hard to find shots of WSC or to have all the countries complete... I don´t know... could have been. :)

ACE

It's like I implied in my other thread that no one replied to. If you disagree with the "group" then you basically get ignored.

When I first started posting here I got replies and laughs, etc.. from my post. I got answers when I ask questions. Every since I spoke up for my country, when I felt it was being attacked, I have basically been ignored. Even after I tried to explain why I spoke out, that post got ignored.

I didn't get mad at those folks who disagreed with me. Maybe a little at the time, but I got over it and kept treating them like any other friend or family member I might disagree with. I didn't stay mad and I didn't ignore them.

Anyway, I'm frustrated and tired, so I'm going to bed.

P.S. Thanks Tramp and Tenchu, you guys have kept me around longer than I would've stayed. I appreciate the fun and jokes.

:wave: Tony

Main Street USA

Well, I certainly hope that people don't shy away from the contests because some others have programs that they don't.

There are several free programs out there that have plenty of power in order to do awesome work. I know for a fact that I could have done every single wall and poster I've put together for these contests with FREE programs that are available to everyone on the net.

K? So let's not make that an issue.

Monorail Lime

I understand where you are coming from Ace but I don't think the quality of the software has much to do with the quality of the output. I know some people who can create EXCELLENT works of art using the Gimp, a 100% free program.

As for me, I have practically every program under the sun* yet I could never hope to create a desktop or wallpaper anywhere close to what is considered average in these contests. Good tools do not a good artist make!

*No, I'm not bragging. I didn't pay for most of them...

The_CEO

Original Poster
* No im not bragging , i didnt pay for most of them *

I wont lecuture you like i would to other ppl :lol:

ACE

OK, I'm awake. I thought sleeping on it might help but after reading your post, I realize you didn't get it.

It's not about software, or this contest.

If folks can't see that then maybe I shouldn't try to explain.

No hard feelings.

:brick: ACE

The_CEO

Original Poster
Originally posted by acellis_99

It's not about software, or this contest.

If folks can't see that then maybe I shouldn't try to explain.

No hard feelings.

:brick: ACE

If this isnt a contest,or a software issue.. Then stop posting useless complaints!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom