Contemporary?

Disney4family

The Contemporary is my favorite resort on property. I like it because of the modern feel, the monorail right outside your door, and the walk to MK.

We also like Boardwalk because of its theming and proximity to the World Showcase. I like the Polynesian, mainly for Trader Sam's. I've never been a fan of the Grand Floridian.

As far as the "most romantic?" Probably Boardwalk, but love is everywhere baybeeeeee! (said in your best Austin Powers voice) :)
1517786724371.png

msg7

The only 2 hotels that I've stayed at are the Contemporary and the Grand Floridian. Personally, I prefer the GF but like you said, some feel that it is "stuffy." You've made a good choice! Enjoy your trip!

DisneyDaver

I have booked the contemporary for our 47th anniversary. Royal Floridian seemed a bit stuffy,Polynesian looked good.Price wise I went with Contempory (atrium club level.)Any thoughts on what would be the way to go?Thank you.

All three are great choices. I stayed at the Contemporary for my 1 year anniversary. We ate dinner at California Grill (our favorite WDW restaurant) and I special ordered a cake for dinner in advance of our trip. I also love the Grand Floridian and the Polynesian. I do not think the Grand Floridian is too stuffy.

Have you considered staying offsite at the Four Seasons? I have not stayed there yet, but have heard great things. If my wife and I plan an Orlando trip without the kids, that is where we will stay.

irwalt2

My wonderful wife and I stayed at the Contemporary when we went to Disney World for our 25th anniversary and enjoyed it immensely.
The walk to the Magic Kingdom and back is great. No waiting in line for a bus. Wish we could stay there every time.

slappy magoo

I'm just slightly older than WDW, so as far as I'm concerned nothing is more WDW than the Contemporary. Never stayed in the actual resort but as DVC members we always make the effort to stay at Bay Lake Tower at the 7 month window. So far, including our next trip, we're 4 for 5.

Skibum1970

I'm just slightly older than WDW, so as far as I'm concerned nothing is more WDW than the Contemporary. Never stayed in the actual resort but as DVC members we always make the effort to stay at Bay Lake Tower at the 7 month window. So far, including our next trip, we're 4 for 5.

This to the nth degree. Contemporary is WDW. Pulling in there on the Magical Express is so exciting. Even seeing that A-Frame with a monorail is exciting. I would live there if I could. Well, maybe not live there but go there very frequently.

JMcMahonEsq

The Contemporary is our hotel of choice for all our WDW trips. While the interior decor might be considered by some to be a little dated, i find the actual rooms themselves to be very modern, large, and welcoming. As many have said here, to me the walk to the MK give the Contemporary a leg up on the other 2 monorail hotels. Yes they are still close, but being able to just take nice stroll back to the hotel, which at night under the lights can be romantic in and of itself, outweighs even the short wait for a monorail or a water taxi. As for romance, while yes the Contemporary will definitely be full of kids, nothing beats being able to sit on your balcony, or even on your bed with the shades drawn, and be able to hear and see the fireworks show. We always stay in a Tower theme park view room, and you just can't beat that view.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom