Contemporary?

Eyorefan

I have been on here long enough that I have read my share of Poly vs. Con. threads. We just decided to go for a trip in early Feb. and are looking into where we want to stay. We have been to the Poly before that is my first pick. My mom wants to stay at the Contemporary since we never have.

I have read mixed reviews on Allears and it seems even the positive ones have some negatives. Has anyone been there recently? What is the construction like? Garden room vs. Tower? Is it really as noisey as I have heard?

I would love any imput. I am going to try and book today.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
We stayed at Contemporary in June and loved it. No noise from construction, but some from the parking lot [alarms set off by Wishes :lol:]. Loved it!

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

Well, the one thing I've heard is that if your in the grand concourse it is noisey. Even when we eaten at Chef Mickeys you hear sounds from the rest of the place. I don't know if with some of the rehabs if they sound proofed the rooms any better, so you may take your chances.

Upvote 0

darrin933

Last weekend I stayed 2 nights at the poly and 2 night at the contemporary with a bay lake tower view. I have not stayed at the contemporary for a couple years. We were on the 11th floor. We did not hear any noise from the concourse area or the construction of the new dvc tower. The rooms were very very nice since they have been redone. I might stay at the contemporary our next trip. it was n ice just getting in the elavator to go get a snack or get on the monorail. It was also nice having a hot tub there since the poly does not have one. Maybe you can do what we did with staying at both resorts.

Upvote 0

Nansafan

We've stayed at the Contemporary twice in the tower. Once the 7th floor and once on the 10th. We did not notice any noise in the rooms from the concourse below. Outside the rooms of course but not inside with the doors closed. Watching the fireworks from your balcony is great and it is great not to have to walk outside to catch the monorail. Another great bonus for staying at the Contemporary is being able to walk to and from the MK. At the end of the evening with everyone heading to a bus, boat or monorail, a nice leisurely stroll without the crowds can be quite wonderful. With the construction of the DVC at the Contemporary, there is now only one side to the Garden Wing. This might limit your choice of rooms.

Upvote 0

smk

We stayed once in the garden view rooms, we liked it just fine. It is very easy to get around and the pools are great. I love the Poly tho, I would go there. IMHO there is more bang for your buck at the Poly.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom