contemporary rooms

danasix

I am trying to plan my family's first WDW trip and I would appreciate any help I can get! What I'm wondering about today is what the best room for the money is at the Contemporary...theme park, water, or Magic Kingdom View????

Thanks for the help!

sweetpee_1993

We've stayed at the Contemporary twice and had the tower Magic Kingdom view both times. Love that view. Best we've ever had at any resort anywhere. We felt both times it was well worth having. The only room view we've had that topped it was our private verandah on our Disney Dream cruise but that's a view you just can't get on land no matter what you spend. LOL!

Here's a tip, if you stay in the tower try to get the highest floor you can for your room category. It makes the elevators much easier to handle (they get really crowded during busier times of days). Also, the views get better the higher you are. :)

Upvote 0

Cactusspade

Just stayed in a Bay Lake view room and loved it. Didn't miss the theme park view as much as we thought. Loved the docks, boats, pool, water parade every night.

Upvote 0

MaryJaneP

We have stayed in Tower MK View as well as Garden Wing (both North Garden Wing and South Garden Wing before North Wing was demolished for BLT) and we loved Tower and Garden Wing rooms.

If I recall correctly, you should request (no guarantees are possible) to get a higher floor MK view odd numbered room because I believe the bed headboard is on wall opposite MK so you go to sleep and wake up to MK view from bed. I also think higher numbered rooms are further away from Chef Mickeys.

But we have been happy with one floor above monorail, in even numbered room, at Chef Mickeys end, as long as it was in the Tower, so we don't think you will have anything to worry about.

Enjoy! We are jealous.

Upvote 0

38053WDW

As you will see, you will get tons of reviews ... When I was a kid I always wanted to stay at Contemp but our big family never had the option ($$$)... So now that I'm the parent we've stayed there 3 times and plan on doing it again... Everyone will have their pros and cons on the location and which side. We've only done the MK view because this is what we wanted (some people say you look at a parking lot). We've done the Concierge floor also. To me if this is your first time and you can afford the extra $ try the MK view. Like some say, try and get the highest floor..... For me there was nothing like sitting on my balcony wth my beverage at night with the kids in bed and here the sounds of the MK (and seeing spash mountain camera light).... Then my wake up call of the train whistle every morning..

Upvote 0

coachwnh

stayed there twice and had both views. love watching the fireworks from the balcony while enjoying a beer, then walking to MK for the late parade as everyone heads out! but also loved the bay view in the early morning as the sun rises over the water and the birds flock to discovery island. it was so peaceful watching the boats come out after being docked at night. the fog hanging in the trees gave it the best setting! ( if i knew what i as doing, i'd download the sunrise video i made from our balcony last year) you cant go wrong either way. if you have never done the tower and you have the cash, i guess 'd vote for the MK view the first time. if you go back, try the other side then. enjoy

Upvote 0

DougK

I am trying to plan my family's first WDW trip and I would appreciate any help I can get! What I'm wondering about today is what the best room for the money is at the Contemporary...theme park, water, or Magic Kingdom View????

Thanks for the help!

Theme park view and Magic Kingdom view is the same thing, on the Magic Kingdom side of the tower building. Water view is on the other side of the tower building, the water you are viewing is Bay Lake. Both views are fantastic but if you are on the theme park side you also see the parking lot, if you are on the Bay Lake side you also see the swimming pool and boat docks. Enjoy your stay at my favorite Disney hotel!

Upvote 0

danasix

Original Poster
more questions! still uncertain

thank you everyone for the advice!! I didnt think about asking for the highest room! it makes perfect sense! i'm still very torn about which room to get. i have booked the lake view w the travel agent but he just sent an email asking if i was sure bc he knows i want to watch the fireworks from our room.

people have said that a THEME PARK view room distorts the fireworks bc they are off set. any thoughts?

i was told i needed to get a MK view to see them properly...

Upvote 0

MaryJaneP

thank you everyone for the advice!! I didnt think about asking for the highest room! it makes perfect sense! i'm still very torn about which room to get. i have booked the lake view w the travel agent but he just sent an email asking if i was sure bc he knows i want to watch the fireworks from our room.

people have said that a THEME PARK view room distorts the fireworks bc they are off set. any thoughts?

i was told i needed to get a MK view to see them properly...

I don't think there are three choices here, only 2. You can choose the side of the tower that faces Bay Lake only, or you can choose the side of the tower that faces Seven Seas Lagoon and has the MK (which is a theme park) visible.

The MK side (west, towards the sunset) of the tower does not directly face MK, but it does NOT distort the view. Whoever told you this is wrong and also is wrong about there being a choice between MK and Theme Park view. MK and Theme Park view are one and the same view.

If one were to stand on the balcony of the MK view side of the CR tower, the Seven Seas Lagoon is viewed straight out in front of you, viewed slightly to your right is MK, viewed slightly to your left is the Grand Floridian, and viewed more leftward is the Polynesian.

We like the MK view side of the Tower when we can afford it, but as I said before, we have stayed in Garden Wing rooms also and it is all good. If you can afford MK view room, go for it. If you can afford Deluxe, but don't need MK View, then either Bay Lake view or Garden Wing are great.

Upvote 0

annawilliams

Loved the MK view when I stayed there! We only had it once, and it was my favorite! :) We stayed in the garden wing and tower with lake view another time. :) Every room is great there, but the view of the castle definitely was amazing!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom