Contemporary Restaurant?

_Scar

Original Poster
I remember as a young child eating at my first ever Disney restaurant at the Contemporary near Chef Mickey's and underneath the monorail, but I just can't figure out where we ate....

It for sure wasn't Chef Mickey's because there was no buffet or characters... but we were very close.

In fact, it seemed like (looking back at it now) we were at a table right in the middle of the place... odd. :shrug:

So, can anyone help me out?

karlbeau

Are you referring to the "Concourse Steakhouse" that used to be next to Chef Mickeys before they created the counter service eating area? I loved their food and miss eating there.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Are you referring to the "Concourse Steakhouse" that used to be next to Chef Mickeys before they created the counter service eating area? I loved their food and miss eating there.
Correct. Concourse Steakhouse was home to one of the most delectable pastries of all time. The Sticky Mickey.

YMUOU-sticky.gif

NYwdwfan

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Maybe Contemporary Cafe, [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Pueblo Room or [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Terrace Buffeteria (at one time called Grand Canyon Terrace?). All 3 became part of Chef Mickey (according to various online sites - I don't remember first hand!).[/FONT]

I do remember staying at the Poly when I was little and going to the Papaate Bay Verandah. I just like saying that name (kind of rolls off the tongue!!) :D

janoimagine

Correct. Concourse Steakhouse was home to one of the most delectable pastries of all time. The Sticky Mickey.

YMUOU-sticky.gif

Wow, talk about a flashback! Your right, man I remember those ... are they still offered anywhere on property? My kid brother and I would make a mess or ourselves eating them, but wow were they good.

_Scar

Original Poster
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Maybe Contemporary Cafe, [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Pueblo Room or [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Terrace Buffeteria (at one time called Grand Canyon Terrace?). All 3 became part of Chef Mickey (according to various online sites - I don't remember first hand!).[/FONT]

I do remember staying at the Poly when I was little and going to the Papaate Bay Verandah. I just like saying that name (kind of rolls off the tongue!!) :D

I think it was the Concourse Steakhouse because I specifically remember seeing the Chef Mickey's sign when sitting down and seeing them walking around in that area. It made me sad :lol::cry:

marcriss

We always used to eat in the Pueblo Room. I t was great getting a window seat, watching the sun go down.

We also used to love the Village Restaurant. They had a great Patty Melt.

yankspy

We always used to eat in the Pueblo Room. I t was great getting a window seat, watching the sun go down.

We also used to love the Village Restaurant. They had a great Patty Melt.

Ahhh, The Village Restaurant. I have many fond memories of that place. I also have great memories of the Concourse Steakhouse as well.

NYwdwfan

"Buffeteria" - one of the silliest words in the English language. Just say it's a buffet! Not making it SOUND any fancier!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom