Contemporary Resort

GioGoof

Me and my family will be staying at the Contemporary resort for the first time in late september early october. we would like to add another night to our trip but every room is sold out any reason why this is happening? is there any special event or convention going on the first week of october or its just simply sold out? also any other info you could give me about this resort would be very nice :D

slappy magoo

Well you have the beginning of the Food & Wine festival at Epcot, the beginning of the Mickey Not So Very Scary Halloween Parties, PLUS the end of the Free Dining Promotion all happening at that time.

Other than that, I haven't a clue. (snark)

Sorry, though, that you can't extend your stay one more night. I'm sure THIS might be a pain in the caboose, but have you thought about splitting up your stay in more than one resort? If you were going from a 7 night to 8 night stay, try 4 nights in the Contemp. and 4 nights in one of the other resorts. I think Disney even takes care of moving your bags from resort to resort, so you can just check out on the way to the parks on Switch Day, and then just mosey over to Resort 2 when you're through.

Of course, I've no idea how packed the rest of the resorts will be, for the same reasons listed above.

Upvote 0

metscool

Is there a long weekend that you are down there? Maybe it is because of that. Or maybe because of the Food and Wine festival over in Epcot. I don't have a clue. I will keep in mind that when you go down I am not going to the parks that week. It is going to be Busy.

Upvote 0

Unplugged

Keep in mind that the big refurb/construction project has started (or starts any day now, I forget) at the Contemporary. Thus , their available room count is lower.

Speaking of which, anyone have any news or photos on that so these folks know what they're in for? I don't leave for another week and will be at WLV, so I should be able to post after my return.

Upvote 0

col

maybe it could have something to do with the new celebration -the year of a million dreams -starting on october 1st 2006.

Upvote 0

donsullivan

Premium Member
I stayed there over the July 4 holiday weekend and was originally booked for only 2 nights (7/2 & 7/3). About a week before arrival I called to see if I could extend my stay and they told me they were full. When I checked in, I asked if there was a possibility of extending my stay and they were able to add another day without a problem.

The bottom line is to lock in what you can and then give them a call every week or so and see if there is a change in availability.

Upvote 0

il grande chuck

i tried to get a room last month for november, and four different travel agencies had no luck. i was told that it was a combination of the fall being a busy season for conventions at the contemp, and that lots of folks were pouring in to stay there since the refurbishment was just completed - plasma screen tv's - woo hoo!

chuck

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom