Contemporary Resort: Worth the money?

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
I've stayed at the Fort Wilderness Campground and more recently at Wilderness Lodge. I found WL to be fantastic. Had great atmosphere, great service, the people were terrific, the food at the Roaring Fork Snacks was just what I needed.....I'd love to stay there again. BUT.....I've always wanted to stay at the Contemporary. What are your opinions on it as a whole? Are there many rooms that give a pretty good view of the MK? What are the pros and cons with the Contemporary?

General Grizz

The only cons are the rates. VERY expensive.

I have never stayed there, but have visited. It's lovely!

You get the best view of MK....but it matters what side you're on. It would be SO NEAT to see Fantasy in the Sky, because the fireworks are shooting straight up at you on the top floor! (NOTE: I haven't seen that, though.) I am serious by saying that MK looks like a tight, compact TOY SET from up there...It's so pretty, too!

GO CHEF MICKEY!! :lol:

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
I've stayed there 4 times, twice in tower rooms, twice in the garden wing nearest MK. There is no view from the garden wing, so the rooms are less expensive. It was easier to walk to MK, though. The tower rooms are more expensive...we faced the MK both times and had excellent views of both the fireworks and water parade. It was worth it to me to pay the extra for a tower room. I don't remember how they are numbered...perhaps you could request certain rooms that faced MK if you knew which numbers they are. I don't know what percentage of rooms have a view of MK.

If being close to the MK is important to you, I would probably pay the extra money.

Upvote 0

rodkenrich

I would have to say that the rates for The Contemp are a bit inflated, but take into consideration that this is one of the originals since the conception of The World. What better place can offer such magnificent views of The Kingdom and watch the ole' monorail whiz by your room door? If you are bringing children, The Contemp boast one of the largest gamerooms.

Upvote 0

Lance

The Tower rooms are worth the money. I don't know about the wing rooms. I stayed in an 11th floor tower room and I wasn't disappointed at all. The Contemporary has everything you need.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
I think prices are a matter of perspective! Last summer,we were touring colleges, so were traveling all over New England, with a different motel each night. We stayed in Mystic, Conn one night, and paid $160/night for a room in a motel that had a small outdoor pool (unheated) and no restaurant. I found a banana peel under the bed, the rooms weren't cleaned the next day, and it overlooked the parking lot! Most of the places we stayed in were around $75-$100 for Day's Inn type places. $250- 350 to be within sight and walking distance of the MK? ....sounds like a bargin to me! ;)

Upvote 0

Scooter

The Contemporary isn't expensive compared to some of the other resorts. I guess it's what you can afford. I stay in the Tower Club rooms when I go. The views are spectacular and the Conceirge service is great too. I could do without the turn-down service though...it seems kind of silly. Someone comes in your room about 7:00PM and pulls back your covers for you and leaves a little piece of candy on your pillow. After all the crap I eat in the parks all day the LAST thing I need at night is candy.:animwink:

Seriously though...I like the Contemporary alot. Some people say that the theming is a little outdated but I still say that having a monorail coming through the middle of your resort is still cool and contemporary! :lol:

With 3 GREAT restaurants and and 2 snack bars (one inside and one outside by the pools), a huge game room for the kids, shops galore, 2 pools, a cocktail lounge, a playground for the kids, a baby sitting service, and some of the best views of the Magic Kingdom, I would say it's well worth the price of the rooms.

The monorail has to be the best part though. I have been tempted to stay at other resorts, but I much prefer the monorail to the buses...that alone is worth the expence to myself and my family. If you only afford it one time...I recommend staying at the Contemporary Resort...just to experiance it. They make you feel like Royalty. :king:

Upvote 0

Smee

Everyone should experience a room in the Contemp tower at least once, the view is the best of any resort.

Even though 30 years old, Contemp remains a great resort, ideal location, monorail, great food, etc. The roooms are very roomy they seem substantially larger than the more recently built resorts at comparable prices.

I've stayed in the tower and the wings, I would not bother staying in a wing again, nothing special. But the tower is worth the money.

Upvote 0

Luau Cove

I stayed 8 time in the Contemporary Resort, all of them in the Tower Rooms.
It is my favourite resort, the futursitic theme is really spectacular and it is conserved it a wonderful way. Facilities are really worth the money.
Some of them include the MAIN POOL which is simply relaxing; the Shops, which I think it's the only resort with so many; the Food Court variety including Chef Mickey's, California Grill, Outter Rimm, The Concourse Steakhouse and my favorite THE FUN AND FOOD CENTER (great arcades); you are able to rent some boats at the marina; Rooms are comfortable, big and luxurious with great view to the MK or to Bay Lake (which is also great); Monorail goes inside the hotel, so no need to leave the resort at all,not even to go outside; you are close to the MK and to the TTC to go to EPCOT.
Basically the resort is one the perfect resorts I've ever been in my life. I know it's expensive but it really shows why it is not a loss of money. There is some pixie dust that makes this particular resort so special, I don't know if it's the nostalgia, but it's really magical...
-->LUAU

Upvote 0

Beauty and the

The Contemporary is great, we stayed last year for three weeks and had no complaints what so ever. The nicest thing was hearing the sound of MK train, first thing of a morning it was better than any wake up call our kids have ever received.

Upvote 0

rodkenrich

Originally posted by Beauty and the
The Contemporary is great, we stayed last year for three weeks and had no complaints what so ever. The nicest thing was hearing the sound of MK train, first thing of a morning it was better than any wake up call our kids have ever received.
You see.....Now that is what I am talking about, The Love For Disney!:)

Upvote 0

mickeyman

I just stayed there in december and it was great. Definatly stay in the tower It is worth the extra money. When you make your reservation request the highest floor available with a MK view. We stayed on the tenth floor and it was great. The one night that we watched the fireworks from our balcony it was for the christmas party and they had the perimeter fireworks. Some of those fireworks shoot up right from sevev seas lagoon. It was really amazing. Those fireworks were at 9:15pm And finished around 9:30pm. As soon as they were over I went out to the stairways on the out side of the tower and watched illuminations from epcot. It was a great night.

Upvote 0

wvjules72

I've only been to WDW once and I stayed at the Contemporary. I think I'm going to have a hard time staying any where else. I stayed in the North Garden wing with a nice view of the Castle, and could also see Fantasy in the Sky. You can also walk out to the beach and see the Electrical Water Parade. The pool was nice, the walk to MK was a piece of cake, and having the monorail right inside the building was awesome. There is also a nice arcade next to the food court.

I won't hesisate to stay there again.

Upvote 0

gepetto

It's a great resort. The rooms are huge. I don't know if it's worth rack rate, though. We had MK view but I prefer the other side overlooking Bay Lake.

Upvote 0

Luau Cove

It's simply magical arriving from the MK to the Contemporary, going down the escalator, make some shoppings and them have dinner in the many restaurants, or just use to the monorails and leave to the other resorts without even bothering in going out...aahh, that's Disney pleasure.
-->LUAU

Upvote 0

Carl

What's the best AP rate anyone has seen

at the Contemporary Resort? Sometimes with an AP rate, you don't pay all that much more than for a moderate resort.

Upvote 0

lamarvenoy

IT IS WORTH IT! TOWER TOWER TOWER> you have to stay in the tower. I've stayed at almost every hotel on property and it is by far my favorite. We have stayed in the Contemporary the last 3 times. it only took one time there and i was hooked.HOOKED.The only problem is now i'm ruined, nothing is as good, no more cheap rates:(

Upvote 0

Carl

But, if $214 is a DC rate, then and AP rate

must be much cheaper. (If one is ever available) Now, I know that about 3 years ago I got an offer to stay at the Contemporary for around $350 for 3 nights, but that was during August and I'm not about to go to Florida in August.

Upvote 0

James123

Account Suspended
Pass me an ale

IMO, The Contemporary is nice to visit, but I'll never stay there again. It's nice if you want to impress someone. Most of the other deluxe resorts are the same in that regard. If you or members of your party are into "fancy dancy" stuff like concierge service then knock yourself out. I'm not against that type of service, I'm just a "do it yourself" type. I can purchase my own mints, turn down my bed, get my own (and much better) snacks, drinks, views, etc. I guess I just don't appreciate the "deluxe treatment". For me, I'd rather get really crapulous with my mates and then have us all go out a get a few tattoos! I got Ariel on my left buttock last trip.;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom