Contemporary Resort - dirty?

Pinipig523

So, I was reading reviews on the Contemporary resort... the overlying theme was that the rooms were dirty. Any personal experience with this?

The first time we went to WDW, we stayed at the Polynesian which I recall to be pretty nice. The other 2 times, we have been staying at the Waldorf and we really like it there. We just thought that this time, we'd like to be near the monorail.

sweetpee_1993

Our first stay in a tower MK view room in December 2007 we arrived to a dirty room. There was a pair of ladies undies in one of the drawers. There were crumbs on the floor near the sofa & bed. The toilet room had dirty walls, like splash issues or something. Yuck! The worst was that the toilet appeared someone had been sick there previously and it wasn't cleaned well after. We made a list, left it with the front desk on our way out the first time, and it was all clean when we returned.

Second stay in a tower MK view room in January 2009 we arrived to a clean, beautiful room. Dirty rooms happen but they aren't the rule. ;)

Upvote 0

luv

The occasional dirty room is not unexpected in any of the Disney hotels. I have spent many nights in Disney hotels and none of them, including club level rooms, are above a dirty room...CR is no exception. I don't think that most of the rooms are dirty, though. It is just a possibility there, like in all the WDW hotels.

A dirty room at the Waldorf would honestly surprise me.

Upvote 0

wiigirl

Stayed multiple times at the Contemporary and not once was my room ever dirty.

Same here...always very clean.
75.gif

Upvote 0

luv

We have not stayed there... we usually go to the Contemporary for Dinner....

But I HAVE noticed that a good many of the common areas of the Hotel appear dirty, and a little shoddy. As though the whole place could stand a steam cleaning & paint job. Not a slam on Disney - it's a very old hotel.... stuff decays, hotel or private house.
The main areas are not everyone's cup of tea, lol. Certainly not mine!! The run-down thing doesn't help!

After the renovations, the rooms became better than the lobby. I'm sure they're starting to get old, though. With any luck, I'll never see one again!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom