News Contemporary Refurbishment--April to Sept 2021

nickys

Premium Member
They’ve also got tables and chairs, plus comfy seats at Contemporary Grounds. So far I like what I’ve seen - except the rooms.

Blog Mickey has loads of pictures here:

All Ears only has a handful but shows the Contemporary Grounds area:

Communicora

Premium Member
*yells so someone at TDO might hear me* “DO THIS TO THE CONCOURSE LEVEL!!!”
How did they get the lobby so right and the rooms so wrong? I standby my theory that there was a glitch in the Covid era zoom meetings and the Incredibles rooms were accidentally approved.
Right? Seeing those room illustrations in the lobby just reemphasizes what a misfire the rooms they ended up with are.

DCBaker

Premium Member
2021-wdw-disneys-contemporary-resort-steakhouse-71-entrance-walls-down.jpeg

GimpYancIent

They’ve also got tables and chairs, plus comfy seats at Contemporary Grounds. So far I like what I’ve seen - except the rooms.

Blog Mickey has loads of pictures here:

All Ears only has a handful but shows the Contemporary Grounds area:

The design team now shows it has the capability, but, do they have the guts to swallow their pride and REDO THE ROOMS!

James Alucobond

My main problem with the redo of the rooms is that the decals in the closet and drawer look terrible, the lights are aggressively fluorescent, and a couple of the pieces look, at least in the photos, a bit cheap. If they had dialed in a bit more on some of the warm tones and furnishings from the lobby and just not done the decals, it would be fine.

MaryJaneP

I had to Google West Elm as I’ve never heard of it. Is the fact a rustic-retro-modern style furniture store misinterpreted the difference between modern art/design and contemporary art/design excuse Disney from also doing so?

If Disney followed the trends the CR wouldn’t even exist.

Count the guests lucky that the CR was designed somewhat contemporary and, unfortunately, has subsequently fallen to the perverse penchant to include IP in everything that is done. Fortunately the original design was not some cheap knockoff of a nearly 20 year old Disney movie or we might be discussing the renovations being done to Cinderella's resort. Boldness does not mean conformity.

castlecake2.0

Why is everyone hating on the new incredible rooms? I thought they were cool and fit in with the idea of contemporary really well 🤷🏻‍♀️
Because the rooms are a hideous choice for this location. The rooms should match the lobby aesthetic. If the Incredibles rooms were at Art of Animation it would be great, but this hotel deserves a higher end look that decals of super suits in a closet are not providing.

nickys

Premium Member
Why is everyone hating on the new incredible rooms? I thought they were cool and fit in with the idea of contemporary really well 🤷🏻‍♀️
- I don’t like the Incredibles
- I don’t want a life size vinyl figure staring at me when I open a closet. That would go for any character, even Mickey himself
- There is no desk / table
- I don’t like the lack of privacy in the bathroom
- I don’t like the colour scheme

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom