News Contemporary Refurbishment--April to Sept 2021

aladdin2007

this is sounding good, but will see how casual the prices will be (yeah right I know). but hopefully it will at least include a good breakfast option like the wave had.

TrojanUSC

True. I believe The Wave was considered to be a fairly casual restaurant so they probably didn't want to change the overall category this new theme will fit in to. Also they probably didn't want to steal any high end light from Cali Grill

Right and The Wave ONLY existed because conventioneers needed a casual restaurant to eat at which wasn't booked 180+ days in advance and/or wasn't filled with the sounds of people screaming & waving napkins every 15 minutes.

Poseidon Quest

A new dining experience coming to California Grill though? That's concerning. It seems the trend is that Disney sees what is popular and will be booked regardless and takes a budgetary axe to it. Will California Grill become the new Tony's Town Square?

*Q*

No I hadn’t. I tried to look them up but they denied me access to their menus. “You are not authorised ..blah blah…”! Apparently they don’t want foreigners to know about them. 😂😂
Casual steakhouses are pretty common throughout the US... Outback, Longhorn, Ponderosa, Black Angus, Texas Roadhouse, etc.

TikibirdLand

Have they ever admitted they were wrong about anything?
I have no sources... But, I bet feelers like Tom's story was fed to him by insiders to see how the fan community would react to such changes. Based on feedback, both here and on Insta and Twitter, Disney changed their idea. Seems that, once they make up their mind, they rarely change it. Here's hoping they grant my wish to re-think Genie.

castlecake2.0

This. ^^^^ Not even when directly called out by Disney.
I love how they had to post a picture of Moana in tiki room they found on some imagineers online portfolio one time with “SEE WE WERE RIGHT THEY WERE GOING TO PUT MOANA IN TIKI ROOM” like dude the imagineer could have drawn all sorts of things doesnt mean it was ever going to happen or even ever commissioned by Disney. I’d have some respect for them if they would just say we got this story wrong, but they’re too proud for that.

On topic, really excited for this one, love the logo

peter11435

I love how they had to post a picture of Moana in tiki room they found on some imagineers online portfolio one time with “SEE WE WERE RIGHT THEY WERE GOING TO PUT MOANA IN TIKI ROOM” like dude the imagineer could have drawn all sorts of things doesnt mean it was ever going to happen or even ever commissioned by Disney. I’d have some respect for them if they would just say we got this story wrong, but they’re too proud for that.

On topic, really excited for this one, love the logo
To be fair…. Disney did have plans for both Tiki and CBJ. Although as usual the other site got most of the details wrong.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
To put moana at CBR?
The attraction was indeed going to be rethemed to Country Bear Revival. It was going to be an old timey Southern Baptist hymnsing: with classic sacred music such as: Rock of Ages; Amazing Grace; That Old Rugged Cross; and Just a Closer Walk With Thee.

Guests could even go up during an Altar Call and be baptized by Pastor Henry.

TikibirdLand

The attraction was indeed going to be rethemed to Country Bear Revival. It was going to be an old timey Southern Baptist hymnsing: with classic sacred music such as: Rock of Ages; Amazing Grace; That Old Rugged Cross; and Just a Closer Walk With Thee.

Guests could even go up during an Altar Call and be baptized by Pastor Henry.
I'd totally go to that multiple times! Sounds fun!

DCBaker

Premium Member
Elevators have been updated -

2021-wdw-disney-world-resorts-contemporary-elevator-new-interior-4.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom