Contemporary or Poly???

Rikerz

Visiting WDW in October, 2006 and want to ask everyone's oppinion: Anniversary stay at the Contemporary Atrium Club room or at the Poly regular room. Almost the same price. Help one and all..:sohappy:

Thanks and God bless..... Jeff

Bravesfn1

Rikerz said:
Visiting WDW in October, 2006 and want to ask everyone's oppinion: Anniversary stay at the Contemporary Atrium Club room or at the Poly regular room. Almost the same price. Help one and all..:sohappy:

Thanks and God bless..... Jeff

Take the Poly, better resort in my opinion.

Upvote 0

Rikerz

Original Poster
Poly, why?

Hmmm, that was a awful straight vote for Poly, why? I am curious because I have never stayed on site. Thanks... Jeff

Upvote 0

tamibar

We stayed @ Cont. June 05, rooms are really big, great location (except our room was at far end of south wing and the walk was long), food court so-so. I'm staying @ Poly(with Hubby) in June to celebrate our 10th anniv.(First time since honeymoon w/o kids) Poly just seemed more romantic. We are keeping fingers crossed that we get a renovated room. We have friends who have stayed @ Poly (and BC, PO-RS, ASSports) Poly is their fav. When we get back I'll let you know. Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

maelstrom

Contemporary!! Once you stay there, you'll never want to stay anywhere else. The view is incredible, the best on property. You'll want to spend your vacation sitting out on your balcony. I really cannot stress it enough to people how wonderful staying at the Contemporary is.

I've stayed at the Polynesian, too. The rooms are the same size and have also been rehabbed, so there's no issue there. But I think the food court is going down for rehab and it's no fun to stay at a resort when the food court is closed. Also, at the Poly, if you need to go to the main building, you have to walk outside. This can be not fun if it's too hot, too cold, raining, etc. At the Contemporary, it's all inside one building. Plus, the monorail is right there.

Upvote 0

tracyandalex

i have stayed at both and enjoyed both, so here is my $0.02. the poly is very romantic and we recently enjoyed our honeymoon there - it is my favorite resort. however, if you are choosing the club level of the contmporary because of the additional amenities, then i would go with the contemporary, unless you want to spring for the same at the poly. if it were me, i would stay at the contemporary cause i like the extra amenities, we just don't use them enough to justify paying for them.
which ever you choose, have fun :wave:

tracy

Upvote 0

jesserin

Poly! yes the view is wonderful at the Contemp - but the themeing of the Poly (and the view for the right price) is just top notch... the Poly is one of the best themed resorts on property IMHO! :)

But no matter what you choose - both are wonderful resorts - you're bound to have a great time at either! :)

Upvote 0

lentesta

Premium Member
The new rooms at the Contemporary are better than the new rooms at the Poly. Dining is comparable. But we got more service complaints from the Poly this year than any other Disney resort.

Good luck with your trip!

Len Testa

Upvote 0

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

In December 2005 my family & I stayed on the Atrium Club & we thought the new rooms we amaizing & on our next to visits to WDW in August & December we are staying on the Atrium Club again. So I would say to stay there because you will love it & since it's your anniversary I say go for it to make it special. Besides like you said it's the same price as the Polynesian so you will be getting a lot more & not paying anymore then you would at the Polynesian.

Upvote 0

bsandersjr

I think there is a big price difference between "regular" rooms and the Atrium club.
I guess it depends on your budget.

I think the Contemp has a hot tub, and the Poly does not.

Upvote 0

Mark 100

I stayed at the Contemporary in March/April 05 on the 14th floor, itwas brilliant, but in your case i think that i would choose the contemp over poly.

The Contemporary is the first on the resort monorail, you can walk to MK, great views if you get an MK view.

It depends on what you are after of a resort hotel?

I think there is about $200 difference between regular and atrium club.

Upvote 0

Nansafan

Our fav resort is the Poly. That being said, if you can get an Atrium Club room at the CR for the same price as a standard room at the Poly. Go for it. The Contemporary is our second fav resort. We will be staying there in August because of the price. You can still hop the monorail to the Poly and snuggle on a hammock on the Poly beach during Wishes if you want.

Upvote 0

wedance6

Poly updates

Do all the rooms at the poly, even standard, have the new daybeds and flatscreen t.v.'s, closet space, etc.? We're trying to decide between the poly and the Beach club. Thanks.

Upvote 0

csaribay

Standard rooms at both resorts:

Contemporary

2cont-newroom.jpg

Polynesian

2poly-newroom.jpg

I'm sure that'll make your decision so much easier :D </sarcasm>! In either case, you can't go wrong- they're both fine resorts, and you'll have a great time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom