Contemporary Evacuated

GlacierGlacier

Your status shows u as a “New Member”. I guess you do sit on a throne of lies... jk!
Are you sure?

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member

HMFan999

This is pure speculation, but it's plausible the truth is a mix of the two... Hotels are often setup with complex fire alarm systems and equally complex evacuation plans. They are usually divided into zones as far as the alarm is concerned. In this case, some event on lvl 4 triggered an alarm. If a single alarm sensor (e.g. smoke detector) triggers an alarm, usually only the alarms in the immediate zone would sound. This would trigger a RCFD response (you want them en-route ASAP) and the evacuation of the zone under alarm (as OP described). A trained response team within the hotel staff (normally security) would respond immediately to the triggered sensor to determine if it was a false alarm or if the full evacuation alarm should be activated. Now, to normal staff, they would likely assume it was a full alarm and evacuate (and misinform) accordingly.

raymusiccity

You should have seen the waiting line to re-enter Chef Mickey's after the 4th floor was evacuated......it went all the way back to the BLV Gift Shop! They handled it well, though. All customers were given an option to reschedule their meals. Not so easy with tired kids in tow.

Jedi Stitch

The fire alarm in the main building is a general evacuation system horn/strobes (entire building). There is a separate system for the monorail platform (part of a pre-action or deluge system) in the event of an event with the monorail. This system is a voice system and only serves the platform area and is triggered by pull stations or waterflow.

If it were a common area smoke/heat/duct detector or waterflow or pull station it would have evacuated the entire building.
It is quite possible to have a trouble /fault on just the 4th floor even to a zoned system if each floor is a zone, and just the 4th floor is evaced for a precautionary reason.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
On a side note, this happened this morning. (Excuse me if this was already shared. I just Saw it on a Facebook group page)

The person who took the photo said they got a free fastpass afterwards.

Prog

The fire alarm in the main building is a general evacuation system horn/strobes (entire building). There is a separate system for the monorail platform (part of a pre-action or deluge system) in the event of an event with the monorail. This system is a voice system and only serves the platform area and is triggered by pull stations or waterflow.

If it were a common area smoke/heat/duct detector or waterflow or pull station it would have evacuated the entire building.
I can't say anything on the specifics of the Contemporary's system but it could be a 4100ES-style multiplex system wherein individual zones are evacuated, potentially with adjacent zones being put into pre-alarm or something

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I can't say anything on the specifics of the Contemporary's system but it could be a 4100ES-style multiplex system wherein individual zones are evacuated, potentially with adjacent zones being put into pre-alarm or something
Sounds like one of the flay rods has gone out of skew on the treadle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom