Construction walls up along Grand Avenue at Hollywood Studios. New snack stand coming?

gerarar

Premium Member
Original Poster
Late last week the Grand Avenue snack cart was moved across from its usual location, and now overnight, new walls have been set up along a good portion of the surrounding area and Muppet courtyard, including the previous spot of the snack cart. Bathrooms are still open. The GET umbrellas that previously occupied the new snack kiosk location are gone now.

My best guess is they're building a new permanent (larger) snack kiosk stand for the area? This is also where they were selling the Lightsaber churros during May the Fourth last month.

Also, the recently added (late-2022) Gelato cart was not affected. Can see it in the background with the red umbrellas.

Last week showing the snack cart in its new location:
Screenshot_20230608_103555_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20230608_103623_YouTube.jpg

Last night & today with temporary walls and signage now setup:
Screenshot_20230608_102112_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20230608_103444_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20230608_103500_YouTube.jpg

gerarar

Premium Member
Original Poster
Executive at HS: “I know what this park needs! *checks notes* a new snack stand!”
What are your thoughtS on what it is? It has to be something with ROI, otherwise it wouldn't be happening.
I still think they're just replacing the snack stand that was previously there as stated in my original post above. Making it bigger and more permanent. Also when it rained, the CMs working it would get wet. At least a more permanent structure can prevent that; same goes with heat.

The churo cart currently across from the construction walls was the old stand and could use a boost in capacity/efficiency. Lines everytime I passed by it in the evenings.

TheMaxRebo

What are your thoughtS on what it is? It has to be something with ROI, otherwise it wouldn't be happening.

Maybe like an extension of Baseline but serving snacks, wine, cocktails and then more seating around it (hopefully with shade) since often not enough by Baseline

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I still think they're just replacing the snack stand that was previously there as stated in my original post above. Making it bigger and more permanent. Also when it rained, the CMs working it would get wet. At least a more permanent structure can prevent that; same goes with heat.

The churo cart currently across from the construction walls was the old stand and could use a boost in capacity/efficiency. Lines everytime I passed by it in the evenings.
I agree.

ToTBellHop

I think I found it, it was issued back in March. Doesn't tell us much. Expiration date is 3/26/2024 which is one year from when it was issued so most likely a default expiration.

357 B CYPRESS DR(GRAND AVE COKE KIOSK) - General Construction
The permit clearly states they will dispense an illegal substance there, which is honestly perfectly on-theme for Hollywood. Never claim Disney phones it in on immersive theming. Meanwhile, Universal has a freakin Egyptian mummy in NYC. Ridiculous.

JoeCamel

The permit clearly states they will dispense an illegal substance there, which is honestly perfectly on-theme for Hollywood. Never claim Disney phones it in on immersive theming. Meanwhile, Universal has a freakin Egyptian mummy in NYC. Ridiculous.
Ummm, many mummies in museums in NYC?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom