Construction walls up along Grand Avenue at Hollywood Studios. New snack stand coming?

Andrew25

I was hoping this would help Grand Avenue feel more like a two-sided street (rather than just a line of buildings on one side), and block more of the SWGE spires and Muppets show building... but I guess this didn't accomplish any of that?

Any thoughts from people who've visited recently on how it impacts the area's aesthetics?

In the same boat, it's a very odd area with just one side with facades. They took down a bunch of trees, so I'm sure once they replant them and they grow, it'll look nicer. The small gelato cart across the way seems to be popular, wonder if they get their own more permanent stand soon?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I was hoping this would help Grand Avenue feel more like a two-sided street (rather than just a line of buildings on one side), and block more of the SWGE spires and Muppets show building... but I guess this didn't accomplish any of that?

Any thoughts from people who've visited recently on how it impacts the area's aesthetics?
It really looks like a box at the side of the street.

Disneys-Hollywood-Studios_Full_54876.jpg

Disneys-Hollywood-Studios_Full_54878.jpg

WDWYankee15

It really looks like a box at the side of the street.

Disneys-Hollywood-Studios_Full_54878.jpg
It will be interesting what they put on this wall under the lights. No doubt it will be themed with a "billboard" type sign here. As to what it will be a "billboard" for and how it is styled may help with ascetics and a tie into theme in the area.

Club Cooloholic

When I saw the name of this place I was excited thinking maybe they finally put in a splash play area or some sort of playground to replace the long gone Honey I shrunk The Kids one...but alas more food. Attractions lose again to eateries.

Andrew25

I don't know how realistic it is, but I think a better solution would have been to create a stand within/behind part of those old Streets of America hallow facades.
Theoretically, they could figure out a way to build a very small snack stand there, but they can't really do much as there's a CM break area and some other storage back there. I do wish they could put up a shop there though just to add something in the area

NiarrNDisney

When I saw the name of this place I was excited thinking maybe they finally put in a splash play area or some sort of playground to replace the long gone Honey I shrunk The Kids one...but alas more food. Attractions lose again to eateries.
DHS is seriously lacking in this department! Would be great to see in Echo Lake or Animation Courtyard.

Andrew25

This project interests me as I'd imagine WDW is going to start work on possibly improving some of the existing snack stand locations that typically operate from a standard ODV cart? There are a few locations (like the egg roll cart) that could utilize a nicer/permanent building as they're always there.

Andrew25

cute little seating area, but not nearly enough for the hordes of people.
Outside of TSL and SWGE, DHS has a decent amount of open seating. It's the only park in Orlando that offers enough seating capacity for families to rest for a bit. Right in this area there's baseline seating, Pizzerizzo's massive seating capacity and a few tables in the Muppet courtyard. Down the road you have ABC Commissary and Backlot Express that are usually quite barren.

aladdin2007

Outside of TSL and SWGE, DHS has a decent amount of open seating. It's the only park in Orlando that offers enough seating capacity for families to rest for a bit. Right in this area there's baseline seating, Pizzerizzo's massive seating capacity and a few tables in the Muppet courtyard. Down the road you have ABC Commissary and Backlot Express that are usually quite barren.
can you still go inside and just sit and relax for awhile at pizzerizzo and commissary whether you order anything or not? You use to be able to, but since everything is app forced with cast guarding the doors,,,,I wasn't sure.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This project interests me as I'd imagine WDW is going to start work on possibly improving some of the existing snack stand locations that typically operate from a standard ODV cart? There are a few locations (like the egg roll cart) that could utilize a nicer/permanent building as they're always there.
What will they do with the old Coke and ice cream stand no one knows about?

1708381573519.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom