Construction restarted at Walt Disney World Resort - What is Actually still on

Father Robinson

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Tron has not restarted

Indeed, it has not.

That Other Site's clickbait title was wrong. The pictures they had of the TRON site showed no active construction. Their 'evidence' of construction was from two weeks ago which turned out to just be steel delivery.

floydbeatle

The site that shall remain nameless is reporting Tron construction is back up and running. Not sure is this is true or not.

I hope I don't step on a landmine, but...what site shall remain nameless? Although I don't know how you will answer without revealing the site. lol. :)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I hope I don't step on a landmine, but...what site shall remain nameless? Although I don't know how you will answer without revealing the site. lol. :)

A WDW blog site run by Tom Corless. A Google search will get you the rest of the way there. Mr. Corless and his followers had become... problematic for the powers that be here, and so, to keep from engaging in an Internet War, that site isn't allowed to be linked to here, nor is lengthy discussions of that site. Needless to say, they way it gets referenced is that The Nameless One is known for having both good and very bad inside information. And almost never admits when the info was bad.

dmw

In the Parks
No
For all their flaws, they are pretty good at describing things that are actually happening. I've adjusted the chart. Thanks!
Thanks for the thread to track this! Question: is there a way the chart can be pinned so it is at the top of every page, similar to how poll questions are pinned? Makes it easier to stay up with replies, and still refer to the chart.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Original Poster
A good rule of thumb about insiders from any corner of the internet - including on this site - is that if they claim something is very likely to or will definitely happen in the distant future, they are probably overstating what they know. The real insiders hedge everything, because Disney changes their mind constantly.

When the various disney news sites claim that something will happen next week (or something is actually happening) and it hasn't been announced, they have track records that are a little better. That's why I assumed the Tron post was accurate, but I'll take Blog Mickey in this case.

Surferboy567

I know the 50th plans are out the window...but are they planning on doing anything now? I don’t mean that in a sarcastic way.

Like are they still aiming to have TRON, and Guardians open by then or is that a longshot? Haven’t heard anything about the PLAY Pavilion either, assuming that is shelved? I’d assume it’s all out the window but not sure. Spaceship Earth I don’t think was ever planned to be opened for the 50th?

I know no one knows for sure but it makes you wonder.

I’d assume (correct me if I’m wrong) for the 50th the following would be done (maybe):

- Rat
- Epcot Entrance and Fountain
- Entrance Work at all parks
- Space 220
- Castle makeover
- HarmonioUS
- TRON? (Longshot but highest shot)
- Roundup BBQ?
- Cupcakes! (most important thing)

Wildcards (probably won’t happen):

- Guardians
- Epcot Spine (AKA Crater)
- Spaceship Earth
- Play!
- Galactic Starcruiser?

Come to think of it was it part of the plan to have guardians open by the 50th pre pandemic? I don’t remember

Surferboy567

One more thing: I know this is also probably out the window as well...but weren’t multiple attractions also due for “enhancements”?

Just a few I can remember off the top of my head:

BTM- Effect fixed
Haunted- Hatbox
Space- Refurb
Progress- New scene
Phillarmagic?

Been so long since I’ve heard anything don’t remember if it was accurate or not. Probably won’t happen now.

KingdomofDreams

I honestly can not believe how much I dislike the new paint job. I have no idea why they went this route. Please God let them abort and fix it!

Agree! I can only hope it's just an undercoat or something that will look completely different when finished because it is hideous. Magic Kingdom's castle was always so beautiful and realistic looking unlike Disneyland's Pepto-Bismol pink. Why couldn't they just leave it alone. :(

Magenta Panther

I honestly can not believe how much I dislike the new paint job. I have no idea why they went this route. Please God let them abort and fix it!

Yeah, that is the weirdest shade of pink I've ever seen. More like a salmon color (barf). And that electric blue is terrible. Flat and harsh-looking. I agree, I hate the new Castle colors - unless the pictures we're seeing aren't reading well online and they look better in person. Sure hope so...

Father Robinson

Yeah, that is the weirdest shade of pink I've ever seen. More like a salmon color (barf). And that electric blue is terrible. Flat and harsh-looking. I agree, I hate the new Castle colors - unless the pictures we're seeing aren't reading well online and they look better in person. Sure hope so...
I assume they're pretty accurate since everything else looks normal. 😔

Father Robinson

Agree! I can only hope it's just an undercoat or something that will look completely different when finished because it is hideous. Magic Kingdom's castle was always so beautiful and realistic looking unlike Disneyland's Pepto-Bismol pink. Why couldn't they just leave it alone. :(
That's my real complaint. Our castle was ALREADY unique!! It didn't need this at all. A touch up here and there, not a drastic change!

Surferboy567

Since everyone is giving opinions on the new castle colors I guess I’ll throw my two cents out there.

I really like the blue on the spires, the pink is kinda weird not sure how I feel about it but I think it may be a looks better in person kinda thing. Reminds me of rose gold. No opinion on it till I see it for myself other then it looks weird in pictures but I understand what they are going for. It also isn’t done so their is that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom