Construction restarted at Walt Disney World Resort - What is Actually still on

JoeCamel

I thought when they’ve painted the castle in the past they usually put down a base coat and then add additional layers which ultimately make the colors different. Couldn’t that be happening here as well?
We can hope but I don't have faith.

At this point they will say "make it all one color with highlights and call it a day. We will revisit in the future" that never comes...

bUU

I thought when they’ve painted the castle in the past they usually put down a base coat and then add additional layers which ultimately make the colors different. Couldn’t that be happening here as well?
What you're seeing now matches the artist's rendering provided by Disney previously.

Goofy213

I live in Ohio, but was wondering if there is any access near Boardwalk to see if there is any work being done on Ratatouille?

EdnaMode

Since they can't be on the property yet, I'm guessing that's from a public road. The picture is meant to highlight what is at the bottom of the photo (red circle below) of the permanent bridge. The telephoto lens, however, focuses in on the construction at the main entrance of MK. You can see down the first row of bus stops to the intersection with LED cross walk sign.

And yes, it took me a while to figure it out.

Thank you so much for clearing my head about how the MK dock area and bus staging could pop up in a picture of the GF walkway construction yesterday.

kurtk

Since they can't be on the property yet, I'm guessing that's from a public road. The picture is meant to highlight what is at the bottom of the photo (red circle below) of the permanent bridge. The telephoto lens, however, focuses in on the construction at the main entrance of MK. You can see down the first row of bus stops to the intersection with LED cross walk sign.

View attachment 474559

I find it interesting that this is one of the projects they restarted. It never seemed like a high priority as the construction seemed to be so slow. Is this meant to give guests the option of walking rather than using the monorail if they are nervous about Covid 19?
I would enjoy the walk but don't see a lot of guests willing to walk that far.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I find it interesting that this is one of the projects they restarted. It never seemed like a high priority as the construction seemed to be so slow. Is this meant to give guests the option of walking rather than using the monorail if they are nervous about Covid 19?
I would enjoy the walk but don't see a lot of guests willing to walk that far.

It's an option for walking, yes. It's not as far as walking from The American Adventure to your bus at Epcot.

It's been rumored for an option for walking for a new resort to be built north of GF. Though, that's a likely candidate for delay now, if it were true.

kurtk

It's an option for walking, yes. It's not as far as walking from The American Adventure to your bus at Epcot.

It's been rumored for an option for walking for a new resort to be built north of GF. Though, that's a likely candidate for delay now, if it were true.
So you think that option was important enough for construction to restart? I would think items we don't know about yet (park entrances, Ratatouille completion) would have a higher priority.

And yeah, I can understand why a new resort anytime soon is pretty unlikely.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So you think that option was important enough for construction to restart? I would think items we don't know about yet (park entrances, Ratatouille completion) would have a higher priority.

When MK opens, the monorail and ferry from GF is going to be limited in capacity. They'll probably add buses. So, as many that can and want to walk, the better.

Unbanshee

Construction started up again 2 weeks ago at the GF pedestrian bridge we have been delivering to.

We have not stated delivering anything to Tron since the project shut down and nothing on the books either.

Yet another report that Tron hasn't started back up. Clickbait going to clickbait though

Mickey5150

Well... let's consider for a moment that there was never going to be a GotG3. Would that mean no filmed sequences of the cast? Not likely. They'd just call each actor in according to a gap in their schedule, put 'em in make-up and do a one-day green screen shoot. (I'm guessing all the other filmed segments were one at a time green screen.)

So, I don't see WDW putting off such an expensive project for an extra year or two waiting for GotG3 to start shooting.
If the ride ties in with the movie it's possible there were spoilers planned so they would want to keep them together.

lazyboy97o

The big expensive part of this project is the swing bridge which is rather far along. The path will get used whenever it opens so there is no point in further delaying it. If anything reduced capacity on the monorail and ferry increases the path’s utility.

Creathir

View attachment 474559

While I agree on the direction of where the picture was taken from, I do not believe the circled portion is where the work is being done. We don’t see the western side of monorail loop above the work area. Additionally a large body of water is in the foreground. I would guess this is work being done just south of the MK monorail station along the shoreline, presumably for the new security screen area for the walkway.

floydbeatle

I never heard of that rumor of a resort north of GF. Did it have a proposed theme? And around what time frame was the rumor? Just curious.

EdnaMode

While I agree on the direction of where the picture was taken from, I do not believe the circled portion is where the work is being done. We don’t see the western side of monorail loop above the work area. Additionally a large body of water is in the foreground. I would guess this is work being done just south of the MK monorail station along the shoreline, presumably for the new security screen area for the walkway.

I can see all of those areas in the background, but I think there might also be some fixed bridge work in the foreground at the right lower corner? There's some kind of structure in the water there and also on the shore -- in what looks like the circled portion of the picture used to explain the perspective.

Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 10.13.36 AM.png

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
That large "Poseidon" barge is parked by the canal where the swing bridge was recently installed... or it used to be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom