Construction restarted at Walt Disney World Resort - What is Actually still on

Creathir

Telephoto creates a narrow tunnel field of view for the things that are close. We're looking through and pass the struts.
Yeah, at first I agreed with ya on that, but the amount of water in the foreground indicates this is much further away.

Eh, it doesn’t really matter. Something is being worked on at least.

HauntedMansionFLA

Construction has restarted at WDW. Here's what we know has been restarted. Feel free to contribute knowledge as we learn more and I'll update this post. Let me know what projects I missed too.
Projects Underway at ClosingWork Status
Cinderella's Castle RepaintingRestarted 6/3
Tron CoasterConflicting reports
MK Entry WorkUnknown
TTC workRestarted 6/3
Grand Floridian Walkway BridgeRestarted 6/3
RatatouilleUnknown
Play! PavillionUnknown
Space 220Unknown
Epcot Transportation Hub workUnknown
Epcot Entrance WalkwayUnknown
Epcot Main GiftshopUnknown
Fmr. Electric UmbrellaUnknown
Guardians CoasterUnknown
HarmoniousUnknown
Animal Kingdom entranceUnknown
AoA RefurbUnknown
All Star Music RefurbUnknown
SSR RefurbUnknown
Animal Kingdom Lodge RefurbUnknown
ReflectionsUnknown
Star Wars HotelUnknown

Evolving Epcot ProjectsStatus at closingCurrent Status
Innoventions Northwest teardownStartedUnknown
Pin Traders removal and central area workStartedUnknown
Journey of WaterPending Innoventions removalNot Started
Festival CenterNot StartedNot Started
FountainNot StartedNot Started
Dreamers PointPending Pin Traders removalNot Started
Wishing TreeNot StartedNot Started
Party AreaNot StartedNot Started
Spaceship EarthNot StartedDelayed
Mary PoppinsNot StartedNot Started
When will they finally get the train up and running again? How many years has it not been running it route around the park??

Giss Neric

I feel like preparations for the NBA will be the priority aside from park opening. Constructions on attractions and stuff will be secondary.

kurtk

When will they finally get the train up and running again? How many years has it not been running it route around the park??
I don't remember exactly when it was shut down, but it will take more work on Tron before it reopens. They aren't going to have the train going through an active construction site. If I had to guess, even if they restarted construction on Tron now, it wouldn't be running again until 2021.

bUU

The artist's rendering had the pink parts darker at the bottom and the lighten up on the way up. It would be a good effect. So what we see could be a base that gets a 'wash' finish. Or not.
I took that to be the artist attempting to affect how sunshine would impact how we view the castle.

I never heard of that rumor of a resort north of GF. Did it have a proposed theme? And around what time frame was the rumor? Just curious.
The only resort "out that way" that I recall seeing rumors about is one that would have been north of the Contemporary, actually, not the Grand Floridian.

mfortis

How long has WDW been closed? 2 months going on 3? I don’t know about future construction, but all attraction refurbishment should be complete. Hopefully they did really just shut everything down and go home for those months. Most states considered construction companies an essential service and did force them to close and employees to stay at home.

peter11435

How long has WDW been closed? 2 months going on 3? I don’t know about future construction, but all attraction refurbishment should be complete. Hopefully they did really just shut everything down and go home for those months. Most states considered construction companies an essential service and did force them to close and employees to stay at home.
Refurbishments were not active during the closure

peter11435

Did they even run the rides to keep them primed?
There were skeleton crews from various departments across the resort to perform the minimum required to maintain the property.

Much of the work we as fans want done during a refurbishment could not reasonably considered essential. So there were genuine legal and liability concerns with continuing some projects and financial concerns for all.

Twirlnhurl

Yeah, it is -- until the turning track breaks and it isn't. That's my point -- HM was down for about 5 days while they had to fix the turning track. And I think the SSE descent is steeper than HM's so it would be a very dramatic descent in a face-first position.
It is my understanding that SSE has vehicle direction sensors just prior to the descent. If a vehicle was not correctly rotated, the ride would E-Stop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom