Construction behind Fantasmic

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
This looks like a micro tunneling project to me. There should be a second hole of similar size somewhere on property.

mto.jpg
View attachment 423380

This is very likely a project to fix the sewer problems on that side of the park. It's very very common for the bathrooms at the end of Sunset (in front of tower) to overflow when faced with a heavy attendance day.

Willy Wonka Ride confirmed

MV5BODkxY2VhY2ItODZiNi00MDRmLTliYTQtYTE2NWNlYTA4ZmZmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTQ1NzU4Njk@._V1_-750x417.jpg

Jon81uk

Who owns the theme park rights to that??
I wondered too because someone has been missing the boat, literally, on that for a long time now.

Alton Towers in the UK had a Charlie & the Chocolate Factory ride for about 10 years (until the license ran out) based on the Quentin Blake illustrations from the books (not either film). The boat ride was OK but a bit sparse on sets but the great glass elevator simulators were fun.
There is some information here https://towersstreet.com/theme-park/ride/charlie-and-the-chocolate-factory/ and photos here https://towersstreet.com/theme-park/ride/charlie-and-the-chocolate-factory/#gallery

Creathir

Who owns the theme park rights to that??
Paramount distributed the film, though the IP itself is likely owned by the Dahl estate.

Disney would be wise to license the IP, and there is some history between them and the Dahl estate with James and the Giant Peach.

Given the way things are going as of late, they’d probably replace TSI with Delightfully Dahl...
Must IP ALL the things!!!

Sir_Cliff

Why can't the Grauman's Chinese Theater or Tower of Terror by the park logo?
In terms of ToT, to me it seems a bit like making Space or Splash Mountain the logo for MK. Sure, they're all cool attractions with distinctive show buildings, but I'm not sure they symbolise the whole park effectively. Next to grand unifying symbols such as a castle, Spaceship Earth, and a Tree of Life, I'm not sure what we're supposed to take from the fact a Tower of Terror represents what HS is all about. The Chinese Theatre I prefer, but it is already an iconic real world building.

In sum, bring back Earful Tower!

Victor Kelly

TT is good as a park icon. It is Huge and is very well recognized. The Earful Tower was also a good icon. Most likely the new arch by launchbay will become the icon.

Lilofan

TT is good as a park icon. It is Huge and is very well recognized. The Earful Tower was also a good icon. Most likely the new arch by launchbay will become the icon.
What about the big old blue hat in front of GMR? I bet ya some guests thought it was an elevator to the top?😉

n2hifi

I just don't find the sorcerer hat to be as iconic or representative of the history of HS and the studios in general.
I hate to disagree because I really hated the hat, but in a way it's the perfect representation. Fantasia was a symphony of unrelated shorts tied together into a (somewhat) cohesive movie that represented history, fantasy, magic and animation. If I had to describe Hollywood Studios (and it had to be positive) I would describe it in much the same way. The hat having been worn by Mickey in Fantasia also helps. Thankfully the hat is gone so it doesn't matter, but I too think if it were placed in the right area, it could have been a good park icon.

Lilofan

I hate to disagree because I really hated the hat, but in a way it's the perfect representation. Fantasia was a symphony of unrelated shorts tied together into a (somewhat) cohesive movie that represented history, fantasy, magic and animation. If I had to describe Hollywood Studios (and it had to be positive) I would describe it in much the same way. The hat having been worn by Mickey in Fantasia also helps. Thankfully the hat is gone so it doesn't matter, but I too think if it were placed in the right area, it could have been a good park icon.
And the little gift shop under the hat. The hat also provided a temporary rain shelter during the summertime.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom