Construction behind Fantasmic

TrojanUSC

Paramount distributed the film, though the IP itself is likely owned by the Dahl estate.

Disney would be wise to license the IP, and there is some history between them and the Dahl estate with James and the Giant Peach.

Given the way things are going as of late, they’d probably replace TSI with Delightfully Dahl...
Must IP ALL the things!!!

Warner Bros. owns the film and the underlying rights to any theme park attraction, unless they did not use any film imagery then it would have to come from the Dahl estate.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So... they did this...

1577929764789.png

SoFloMagic

Have only been to Fantasmic once. The only path I know drops you out on Sunset.
I feel like its nearly impossible to get to that path if you sit in fastpass or to the left of fastpass - the tide just carries you to the main exit to dump onto sunset. The late standby arrivals get that bonus...which makes no sense.

YodaMan

Just to clarify, the exit for Fantasmic varies based on a number of factors and generally comes down to leadership. You can exit back out through the queue you entered in and then be let out the main marquee where you came in or be let out by the gate at the Tower of Terror exit. Or you can exit down Perimeter Road behind the backstage of Theater of the Stars and then from there be let out the exit gate on Highland Rd, the exit gate by Oscars, or the exit gate that dumps you outside of the park and past the touchpoints (I do believe that this would only truly be used in the case of an evacuation). But at least for the past year you would in some way end up back out on Sunset Blvd no matter what exit path you went out of because they want you going past the stores and driving merchandise sales.

roj2323

Just to clarify, the exit for Fantasmic varies based on a number of factors and generally comes down to leadership. You can exit back out through the queue you entered in and then be let out the main marquee where you came in or be let out by the gate at the Tower of Terror exit. Or you can exit down Perimeter Road behind the backstage of Theater of the Stars and then from there be let out the exit gate on Highland Rd, the exit gate by Oscars, or the exit gate that dumps you outside of the park and past the touchpoints (I do believe that this would only truly be used in the case of an evacuation). But at least for the past year you would in some way end up back out on Sunset Blvd no matter what exit path you went out of because they want you going past the stores and driving merchandise sales.

Accurate but it's not up to management. The direction of the outflow depends on if there's a second show and if the park is still open.

1 show With park still open - Exit out entrance / ToT Gate
1 show With park closed - Exit out Highland - unless there's an after hours event, then out oscars
2 shows (first show(AND second on three show nights)) Exit out Highland road unless park is super busy then both the highland and oscars gates are open. Once the initial wave of guests exit typically the oscars gate is closed and the remaining guests exit highland
2 shows (Second/third Show) (typically the park is closed) Exit out Highland Gate

I worked as a show keeper for a few years at DHS and worked Fantasmic a lot. (it was my preferred assignment.) Note: good showkeepers start their trash run at the cannon blast

YodaMan

Accurate but it's not up to management. The direction of the outflow depends on if there's a second show and if the park is still open.

1 show With park still open - Exit out entrance / ToT Gate
1 show With park closed - Exit out Highland - unless there's an after hours event, then out oscars
2 shows (first show(AND second on three show nights)) Exit out Highland road unless park is super busy then both the highland and oscars gates are open. Once the initial wave of guests exit typically the oscars gate is closed and the remaining guests exit highland
2 shows (Second/third Show) (typically the park is closed) Exit out Highland Gate

I worked as a show keeper for a few years at DHS and worked Fantasmic a lot. (it was my preferred assignment.) Note: good showkeepers start their trash run at the cannon blast

I will tell you that what you posted did in fact use to be true but has 100% changed multiple times over the past few years and it has 100% been due to higher management every time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom