Construction across World Drive from Contemporary

Goofy6294

Original Poster
I just glanced at the Weatherbug web cam on the CR, and I noticed that some land is being cleared in between the bus stops and World Drive across from CR. I'm sure it's been posted somewhere and I just can't find it, but what's happening there? That's a little farther north that where the sight-line balloons were spotted a few month's back, right? It looks like the work site is too small to be of much consequence.

melflip8

^ yep! It's for the new busses! Hooray for hopefully improving the efficiency of the bus system, not that it is that bad as is. :)

Rob562

I'm sure they're taking the articulated buses into account in their planning, but I believe the specific reason for this project is to bring the inter-park bus stops for Studios and AK to the MK bus loops to ease the burden on the monorails from park hoppers, as well as ease some of the crowding caused by over-filled bus stops (specifically Pop and probably AoA).

-Rob

wiigirl

Yep. Primarily for extra bus stands. There really are that many resorts now.

Much needed too!
75.gif

Lwc3

Maybe, but I don't think so. I saw it today and I remember seeing workers and equipment closer to the south end (wilderness lodge) side of the Contemporary away from MK.

meekoman

Did they hold a press conference?
It wasn't part of a press conference. It was an interview with a Disney exec who I cannot remember who the heck he is now. I don't know if it was on the Disney Parks blog or where. Sorry for the lack of detail.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom